201 Area Code (New Jersey) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 201 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 21 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of New Jersey.
New Jersey, NJ
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 201
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (201) 262-8383TelemarketerTelemarketerWhen I answer the phone there is no one there.lol
- (201) 283-9087Telcove Investment Lic-NJTelcove Investment Lic-NJ????
- (201) 330-4019Says National Bailing But Actually Collectiong For A "Police Fund"Says National Bailing But Actually Collectiong For A "Police Fund"Scammers fraudulent
- (201) 330-4435ABC Bailing WireABC Bailing WireCalled during dinner on Saturday. Despite do not call list
- (201) 373-6432Text/SMSText/SMSThis is the second time that I have reported this phone number this month.
- (201) 397-0767SfdfsfdsdfsSfdfsfdsdfsgfggffgfgfgfgfgfgsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsd
- (201) 409-1069Text/SMSText/SMSCalled back and got only a recording.
- (201) 409-1372Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterCan't stand it - I did not answer, but they left no message!
- (201) 414-9353UnknownUnknownAsking if I was diabetic
- (201) 462-3963Scammer/FraudsterScammer/Fraudsterthis person/scammer gets into my doordash and instacart. zip ciode that seems to be connected ( or that they use ) is 25773. there is a 0 population in that area. this person is a hacker and stalker!
- (201) 462-3980TelemarketerTelemarketerFemale caller asked for resident by name, when asked who was calling, did not respond twice, then gave name of business, which was unable to discern clearly.
- (201) 470-6740Text/SMSText/SMSThe call was not answered, so I don't know if it was a recorded message.
- (201) 479-0226Talent 4 HealthTalent 4 HealthCalled and said they had a job for me with a big Hospital iin Ca. Total scam ! For job recruiter!
- (201) 482-3241Claims To Be UberClaims To Be UberPicked up call and nobody talking.
- (201) 561-7077Political callPolitical callNo option was provided to stop the calls.only to place an order.
- (201) 579-6767UnknownUnknownconstant calls , never leaves message. unrecognized number
- (201) 581-6336PeerlessPeerlessThis number, 201-581-6336 calls twice a day...I even tried calling back twice....call goes straight to Verizon Wireless...number is disconnected or discontinued
- (201) 621-5695TelemarketerTelemarketerIt is a telemarketer phone!
- (201) 649-5338SxmSxmScammer, do not answer
- (201) 844-9120FaxFaxThey sound like they are calling from India based on their accent.
Area Codes That Start with 2
- 203Area CodeConnecticut, CT
- 205Area CodeAlabama, AL
- 207Area CodeMaine, ME
- 208Area CodeIdaho, ID
- 210Area CodeTexas, TX
- 214Area CodeTexas, TX
- 216Area CodeOhio, OH
- 218Area CodeMinnesota, MN
- 219Area CodeIndiana, IN
- 224Area CodeIllinois, IL
- 228Area CodeMississippi, MS
- 260Area CodeIndiana, IN
- 262Area CodeWisconsin, WI
- 270Area CodeKentucky, KY
- 289Area CodeInvalid
Major Counties Served by 201 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 201
- % of County
Major Cities Served by 201 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 201
- % of City
- Jersey City247,5977%100%
- Union City66,4550%100%
- West New York49,7080%100%
- Fort Lee35,3451%100%
- Fair Lawn32,4572%98%
- Cliffside Park23,5940%100%
- Palisades Park19,6220%100%
- Elmwood Park19,4031%100%
- New Milford16,3411%100%
- North Arlington15,3921%100%
- Ridgefield Park12,7291%100%
- Hasbrouck Heights11,8421%100%
- Glen Rock11,6011%99%
- River Edge11,3401%100%
- Little Ferry10,6261%100%
- Franklin Lakes10,5903%100%
- East Rutherford8,9131%99%
- Park Ridge8,6451%100%
- Upper Saddle River8,2082%100%
- Midland Park7,1281%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 4%Teleport Group - New York
- 3%Mcimetro Access Transmission Services
- 3%Allegiance Telecom
- 8%Verizon Wireless
- 2%Usa Mobility Wireless
- 1%Metro PCS
- 1%American Messaging (am)
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 201 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What is Area Code 201 and Where is It Coming From?
Area code 201 is a telephone area code in the U.S. state of New Jersey. It was the first area code established in New Jersey in 1947. The area code covers the northeast quadrant of the state, including Bergen, Hudson, Essex, and Union counties. Major cities in the area code include Jersey City, Hoboken, Newark, and Paterson. The area code is being phased out, and will be replaced by area code 609 starting in October 2018. Area code 201 is being replaced because it is running out of phone numbers. The 609 area code will provide more phone numbers for the same area.
If you are looking for someone in the 201 area code, you can use the reverse phone number lookup to find their phone number. The reverse phone number lookup will find the phone number for any phone number in the 201 area code.
What Time Zone Is Area Code 201?
Area code 201 is located in the Eastern Time Zone. This time zone is in the Eastern portion of the United States, and is also known as the Eastern Daylight Time Zone. This zone observes daylight saving time, and is in line with the other zones in the US that do the same.
Are Calls from Area Code 201 a Scam?
Are Calls from Area Code 201 a Scam?There's been a lot of talk lately about scam calls and whether or not they're coming from certain area codes. One area code that's been in the spotlight lately is 201. So, are calls from this area code a scam?
The short answer is: it depends. While there are certainly scam calls that originate from area code 201, there are also many legitimate calls that come from this area code. So, it's important to be aware of both possibilities and to use caution before answering any calls that come from this area code.
There are a few things to keep in mind if you're worried about whether or not a call is a scam. First, if the caller asks for personal information, like your social security number or bank account information, it's likely a scam. Additionally, if the caller tries to pressure you into making a purchase or into giving away money, it's likely a scam.
If you're not sure whether or not a call is a scam, it's best to just hang up. You can also try to do a quick Google search of the number to see if it's been reported as a scam.
Overall, it's important to be vigilant about scam calls and to be aware of the signs that a call may be a scam. If in doubt, it's always best to just hang up.