203 Area Code (Connecticut) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 203 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 17 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Connecticut.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 203
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (203) 216-5989Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterWhen I wait for an operator and inform them I'm on the donotcall list, they hang up and call again in a few days.
- (203) 349-9581Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterCalled me 6 times in the same day even though I blocked the number the first time which I do if no message is left! The do not call list is totally a joke because it doesn't work!
- (203) 435-1710There is no reason for any company to call in the middle of the night.
- (203) 484-8080I hanged up and they called right back.
- (203) 484-9238Michele VissicchiokellyMichele VissicchiokellyPlease don't talk about my father. He means a lot and we don't need anything negative to say about him. Please just talk with me. I really miss our friendship.
- (203) 495-2980Collection AgencyCollection AgencyHe gave me the phone number 562-344-3620 and web site of AmericanLanding.com.
- (203) 529-4859Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterI am on the do not call list. I have been asked to be removed. They keep calling.
- (203) 568-1652Post UniversityPost UniversityThey won't stop calling me it's so annoying ugh
- (203) 582-3050Quinnipiac UniversityQuinnipiac UniversityVery unprofessional voice asked if I wanted to do a survey with him. Couldn't have sounded more fake.
- (203) 688-3355Yale New Haven HealthYale New Haven HealthThey call daily now for two weeks. They call to schedule a test for an upcoming medical procedure. They never name who the procedure is for, what the procedure is, what the test is. This is a very general message that can be applicable to anyone. We have no medical procedures scheduled in this household. This is spam, plain and simple.
- (203) 689-0331UnknownUnknownI receive calls from this number every day at the same4 tie 9amn and in the evening. This happens for over three months. In searching number, it states there have been complaints this is a telemarketer.
- (203) 747-8079ScammerScammerAsks to provide personal information (ie. year of birth). I hung up.
- (203) 859-3643Steven BrodeurSteven BrodeurAerotek job placement agency in Hamden (CT).
- (203) 877-4281Subway 1050 East Edger RdSubway 1050 East Edger RdI was at work but on my lunch I go subway for lunch and run to vendors machine and get a soda when I get back the lady continues to make my food till I sit down and go to eat my sandwich and noticed my bread was very had so the manager comes from out the back yelling be unprofessional as a manager he comes to work with slippers on he called me get ghetto he says go back to ghetto how cuz I want my food the way I want it I paid for it he also told not to come back like how why he goes to my store manager and get me suspended why do he gets to be at work when I'm paying customer he goes outside and smoke cigarettes and don't wash his hands none of them wear masks either
- (203) 912-8917Collection AgencyCollection AgencyReceive calls several times a day. No one on other end of line...Make it stop...does anyone know how?�� Please fine them.� Thanks,
- (203) 919-6109Weathertech RoofingWeathertech RoofingI have had numerous calls from them.
- (203) 930-1339Text/SMSText/SMSFraud/bank scam
Area Codes That Start with 2
- 201Area CodeNew Jersey, NJ
- 206Area CodeWashington, WA
- 207Area CodeMaine, ME
- 208Area CodeIdaho, ID
- 210Area CodeTexas, TX
- 214Area CodeTexas, TX
- 217Area CodeIllinois, IL
- 231Area CodeMichigan, MI
- 239Area CodeFlorida, FL
- 248Area CodeMichigan, MI
- 251Area CodeAlabama, AL
- 253Area CodeWashington, WA
- 260Area CodeIndiana, IN
- 267Area CodePennsylvania, PA
- 269Area CodeMichigan, MI
Major Counties Served by 203 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 203
- % of County
- New Haven862,47746%73%
Major Cities Served by 203 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 203
- % of City
- New Haven129,7791%100%
- West Haven55,5641%100%
- East Haven29,2571%100%
- North Haven24,0932%100%
- Wallingford Center18,2091%100%
- Cos Cob6,7700%100%
- Old Greenwich6,6110%100%
- Branford Center5,8190%100%
- Cheshire Village5,7860%100%
- Heritage Village3,7360%100%
- Guilford Center2,5970%100%
- Madison Center2,2900%100%
- Bethlehem Village2,0211%100%
- Woodbury Center1,2940%100%
- Wilton Center7320%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 42%Southern New England Telephone
- 5%Brooks Fiber
- 5%Cablevision Lightpath
- 4%Teleport America
- 3%Global Crossing Local Services
- 3%Level 3
- 7%Verizon Wireless
- 2%Usa Mobility Wireless
- 1%Metro PCS
- 1%American Messaging (am)
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 203 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What is Area Code 203 and Where is It Coming From?
Area code 203 is the area code for southwestern Connecticut. This area code was created on July 1, 1947. It originally served the entire state of Connecticut. However, as the population grew, additional area codes were created. In 1995, area code 860 was created to serve the northeastern part of the state. In 1997, area code 862 was created to serve the Bridgeport area. In 2000, area code 959 was created to serve the Danbury area. Today, area code 203 covers the following towns: Bethel, Bridgeport, Brookfield, Danbury, Darien, Easton, Fairfield, Greenwich, Monroe, New Canaan, Newtown, Norwalk, Redding, Ridgefield, Shelton, Stamford, Trumbull, Weston, and Westport.
What Time Zone Is Area Code 203?
When looking up an area code, you may want to know what time zone it is in. For example, area code 203 is in the Eastern Standard Time Zone. This means that the time in Connecticut is five hours behind UTC.
Are Calls from Area Code 203 a Scam?
Area code 203 is one of the three area codes in Connecticut. It is also the area code for Bridgeport, the largest city in Connecticut. Because of the large population in the area served by 203, this area code is also one of the most spoofed area codes in the United States. That is, scammers often make calls pretending to be from area code 203 in order to try to fool people into giving them personal information or money.Are all calls from area code 203 scams? Of course not! However, there are a lot of scams that originate from this area code, so it's important to be aware of them. One of the most common scams is when someone calls and claims to be from the IRS. They may say that you owe money, or that you have been selected for a special audit. They may even threaten to arrest you if you don't pay right away.
Another common scam that originates from area code 203 is the "Microsoft tech support" scam. This scam involves someone calling and pretending to be from Microsoft. They will tell you that your computer is infected with a virus, and they will offer to help you fix the problem. However, they will actually steal your personal information or install malware on your computer.
If you receive a call from someone claiming to be from area code 203, be sure to verify their identity before giving them any personal information or money. Don't hesitate to hang up if something doesn't seem right. And if you think you may have been scammed, report it to the FTC.
What Area Does Code 203 Serve?
The Code 203 area is a region in the United States that is known for its many tourist attractions. This region is made up of several different states, including Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming. There are many things to see and do in this area, including hiking, skiing, and camping. If you're looking for a place to visit that offers something for everyone, Code 203 is the place for you!
Is Area Code 203 Toll Free?
Area code 203 is one of the toll-free area codes in the United States. This area code is located in the state of Connecticut.
How to Block Calls from Area Code 203?
Are you getting calls from 203? If you are, you may be wondering how to block calls from area code 203. Fortunately, there are a few ways to do this.The first way is to use your phone's built-in call blocker. To do this, open your phone's dialer, and enter *60. This will add 203 to your blacklist.
If you don't want to use your phone's built-in call blocker, you can use a third-party app. One popular app is called Callblock. It's available for free on the Google Play Store.
Finally, if you want to block calls from 203, but don't want to use an app or your phone's built-in call blocker, you can use your phone's settings. To do this, open your phone's settings, and scroll down to the "Call settings" section. Under "Call rejection", tap "Auto reject list". Then, tap "Create". In the "Area code" field, enter 203. Tap "Save".