208 Area Code (Idaho) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 208 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 14 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Idaho.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 208
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (208) 202-2424Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterI'm so angry with my husband for falling for this! I caught him tonight signing a contract and sending it through email, I immediately searched NCS and not to my surprise there are endless reviews that all sound the same; It's a SCAM. My husband gave them out information over the phone and paid these people $350 and signed a contract. Thankfully within their service agreement you have a window to receive a refund and fire their services, and we're thankfully still in that window. I will come back to update once I receive contact back about termination of contract and if they refuse or don't honor their service agreement I will be contacting my attorney.
- (208) 231-1644Worley IdWorley Id208 231-2106, 2104, etc They keep calling over and over just going up the phone line. I get three or four a day from different numbers but all from Worley, Idaho
- (208) 258-3675This number has called me at least once daily, sometimes twice,for the past three weeks.
- (208) 261-3060Burley, IDBurley, IDI just been reading the comments have been left behind and now I just have to wonder the person that makes his phone calls in Burley what kind of life is that we should all just to keep, I'm just surprised he's calling all over the place it's just dad I just find it such a mind blowing thing thanks for all the comments everybody at least now I know
- (208) 266-2492UnknownUnknownReceive constant unsolicited texts
- (208) 315-7789Prank CallerPrank CallerNot a prank caller. Ive no idea who it was. Would've been great if this service actually worked.
- (208) 369-2085TelemarketerTelemarketerCalls have been coming from this number the last few days. They never speak when I pick up. Not sure what it is but I've been woken up by it several times and it seems nefarious.
- (208) 425-1302Prison/Jail Collect CallPrison/Jail Collect CallPlease prosecute this company to the fullest extent of the law.
- (208) 501-8894Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterTrying to resolve if we are no longer using this DOT number and filing a Out of Business notification. We are still in business and this is not the number we call regarding our DOT number in our state. This is a scammer and fraud.
- (208) 719-3276Says "Comenity Bank"Says "Comenity Bank"Caller is NOT Comenity Bank
- (208) 789-2631Boise IdBoise IdHang up when answer
- (208) 822-2207Scammer/FraudsterScammer/Fraudsteris a disturbing evening call
- (208) 845-6511Prank CallerPrank CallerCaller ID: "Chicago, IL". Did not answer call and no message left.
- (208) 845-6625Federal Bureau?Federal Bureau?Told me I was in legal trouble. Told me to hold while they connected me to an officer.
Area Codes That Start with 2
- 201Area CodeNew Jersey, NJ
- 203Area CodeConnecticut, CT
- 204Area CodeInvalid
- 206Area CodeWashington, WA
- 207Area CodeMaine, ME
- 212Area CodeNew York, NY
- 213Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 216Area CodeOhio, OH
- 218Area CodeMinnesota, MN
- 224Area CodeIllinois, IL
- 231Area CodeMichigan, MI
- 234Area CodeOhio, OH
- 240Area CodeMaryland, MD
- 256Area CodeAlabama, AL
- 270Area CodeKentucky, KY
Major Counties Served by 208 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 208
- % of County
- Twin Falls77,2302%100%
- Nez Perce39,2651%100%
- Bear Lake5,9861%100%
Major Cities Served by 208 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 208
- % of City
- Boise City205,6710%100%
- Idaho Falls56,8130%100%
- Coeur d'Alene44,1370%100%
- Twin Falls44,1250%100%
- Post Falls27,5740%100%
- Mountain Home14,2060%100%
- Garden City10,9720%100%
- American Falls4,4570%100%
- St. Anthony3,5420%100%
- Mountain Home AFB3,2380%100%
- Fort Hall3,2010%100%
- Soda Springs3,0580%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 26%Qwest Corporation
- 8%Frontier Northwest
- 5%Tw Telecom
- 3%Level 3
- 3%Citizens Telecom Idaho-frontier Comm
- 2%Integra Telecom
- 11%Verizon Wireless
- 1%Cricket Comm
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 208 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What is Area Code 208 and Where is It Coming From?
Area code 208 is the area code serving the state of Idaho. It was created on November 1, 1996, as a split from area code 208.
What Time Zone Is Area Code 208?
208 is a time zone in the Mountain Time Zone. It is six hours behind Coordinated Universal Time (UTC−06:00). The time zone includes the states of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming.
Are Calls from Area Code 208 a Scam?
Are calls from area code 208 a scam?It's hard to say for sure, but there's a good chance that they might be. This area code is associated with the state of Idaho, which is known to have a high number of scammers. So if you get a call from this area code, it's best to be suspicious.
There are a few things you can do to protect yourself from scammers. First, never give out your personal information, such as your Social Security number or bank account information, to someone you don't know. And if you're not sure whether a call is legitimate, don't hesitate to hang up and call the company or person back yourself.
If you do get scammed, there are a few steps you can take to try and get your money back. The first thing you should do is report the scam to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). You can also contact your state's attorney general's office. And finally, you can file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.
So if you're ever unsure about a phone call, be sure to do your research and take precautions to protect yourself.
What Area Does Code 208 Serve?
In the state of Oregon, the area code 208 serves the eastern part of the state. This area code covers the cities of Boise, Meridian, Nampa, and Caldwell. If you are looking to find out more information about this area code, or if you need to contact someone in this area, you can visit the website for the Idaho Public Utilities Commission. This website provides information about all of the area codes in Idaho, as well as contact information for the various public utilities in the state.
Is Area Code 208 Toll Free?
Area code 208 is not toll free. While there are some toll-free area codes, 208 is not one of them. Calls to 208 are charged at the standard rate, which varies depending on the carrier you use.
How to Block Calls from Area Code 208?
208 Area Code Blocking If you are receiving calls from people with the 208 area code and you want to stop receiving these calls, there are a few options you can explore. One option is to block calls from this area code on your phone. This can be done by your phone service provider. Another option is to use an app to block calls from this area code. There are a number of apps that offer this service, and many are free. If you would rather not use an app, you can also block calls from this area code by adding the number to your contacts and then choosing to not receive calls from this number. Whichever option you choose, it is important to be sure to add all of the numbers you want to block from this area code. This will ensure that you do not receive any calls from people with the 208 area code.