209 Area Code (California) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 209 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 21 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of California.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 209
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (209) 219-1020Collection AgencyCollection AgencyThey don't, they just keep calling.
- (209) 222-8502Text/SMSText/SMSPerson trying to send me a cashiers check
- (209) 227-0430Ross RachelleRoss RachelleCalled 2 times no voicemail. Spam.
- (209) 227-2772Portfolio RecoveryPortfolio RecoveryCaller ID came up as "Portfolio Recovery".
- (209) 251-1302FaxFaxThey then said it MAY have been them, but that I was definitely taken out of their system by the last caller.
- (209) 254-7459Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterCalling from State of California business develpment dept. Wanting to know if we found a space to move into. Hung up when I asked more questions.
- (209) 266-1395Text/SMSText/SMSReceived text from 1-209-266-4483 saying: "Your delivery address is wrong, please update. Https://uspconveance.com/xv8mh
- (209) 322-4149Prison/Jail Collect CallPrison/Jail Collect CallThis went on for a while, and I finally hung up.
- (209) 432-4677Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterCall warranty service scam.
- (209) 553-8118Ca, UsaCa, UsaThe guy is a cybercrimer he's name is octave kaleb from Poland and lives in France, he uses bot servers so it seems that he is working in usa but he is some where else and making big scams and fraud in the whole world making him millions of $ every day.
- (209) 585-1054CaliforniaCaliforniacalled cellphone constantly
- (209) 585-1294TelemarketerTelemarketerNo option to be removed from their calling list.
- (209) 674-5234TelemarketerTelemarketerCold call
- (209) 676-4647Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterI don't want this number calling me again
- (209) 784-8469Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterKeeps calling every other day
- (209) 806-8024ScumbagsScumbagsP. O. S.
- (209) 813-0462Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterClaims there is criminal activity on my social security, etc. STOP THESE FRAUDSTERS.
- (209) 813-0955Didn'T Get A NameDidn'T Get A NameThey said that I owed money, and I don't and also offered them my attorney's number, and they said they don't work with attorney, come on, what collection agency will not work with an attorney if they want their money. They also gave me an address the I don't even live at, and said something like I will be served there, well they are in for a surprise, because when they go (and they won't) they will be serving someone else. So I did call my attorney, and they said for me to just block the number and that it is a scam, just humor them, so that is what I intend to do. I tried to call the number back and the message one there says, that they are an investigation service, and not to leave a message, now seriously, my attorney called and just told me he laughed, because if they were for real they would take messages. Just have to love people who think they are fooling people, I just hope nobody else fall for their fraud!! Just have to sit back and laugh about it
- (209) 821-5071Financial Fraud ScamFinancial Fraud ScamLM saying to call regarding Financial services. TRASH!
- (209) 849-0005Financial Hardship LoanFinancial Hardship LoanSo I get this voicemail earlier today from a hardship loan guy here is the message hr left me. "Hey it's Marcus with the financial hardship department I'm not sure if you've spoken to an assigned to get it out regarding our hardship program but I do see that you're approved for a hardship loan about your $37,000 so I'm going to do is keep this in a pending status and if you have about five minutes today go ahead and give me a call back so we can go over the details my number is 209-849-0005 again that number is 209-849-0005 and anyone can help you out in case I'm busy here hope this helps I talk to you soon..." It's like who is Marcus I don't have that kind of debt and seems like a waste of time.
Area Codes That Start with 2
- 207Area CodeMaine, ME
- 210Area CodeTexas, TX
- 212Area CodeNew York, NY
- 218Area CodeMinnesota, MN
- 225Area CodeLouisiana, LA
- 228Area CodeMississippi, MS
- 231Area CodeMichigan, MI
- 250Area CodeInvalid
- 251Area CodeAlabama, AL
- 252Area CodeNorth Carolina, NC
- 254Area CodeTexas, TX
- 262Area CodeWisconsin, WI
- 269Area CodeMichigan, MI
- 270Area CodeKentucky, KY
- 299Area CodeInvalid
Major Counties Served by 209 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 209
- % of County
- San Joaquin685,30613%100%
Major Cities Served by 209 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 209
- % of City
- Los Banos35,9720%100%
- Garden Acres10,6480%100%
- Mountain House9,6750%100%
- Country Club9,3790%100%
- West Modesto5,6820%100%
- Rancho Calaveras5,3250%100%
- Bret Harte5,1520%100%
- Dos Palos4,9500%100%
- Lincoln Village4,3810%100%
- Phoenix Lake4,2690%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 30%Pacific Bell
- 14%Pac - West Telecomm
- 1%Bandwidthcom Clec
- 1%Global Valley Networks
- 7%Verizon Wireless
- 2%American Messaging (am)
- 1%Metro PCS
- 1%Cricket Comm
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 209 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What Is the Location and Time Zone of Area Code 209?
Area code 209 is located in California. The time zone for this area code is Pacific Daylight Time.
What Is the Origin of Area Code 209?
Area code 209 was one of the original area codes created in 1947. It originally served the entire state of California. However, over the years, it has been reduced to serve only the central valley.The 209 area code was created on October 11, 1947. It originally served the entire state of California. However, population growth in the Bay Area and Los Angeles eventually led to the creation of new area codes. In 1995, the 209 area code was reduced to serve only the central valley.
Today, the 209 area code covers the following counties: Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Fresno, Inyo, Kern, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, Mono, Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, San Benito, San Joaquin, San Luis Obispo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Stanislaus, and Tuolumne.
What Areas Are Serviced by Code 209?
Code 209 is a special area code that is serviced by certain counties in California. What areas are serviced by Code 209?The 209 area code is mainly serviced by the counties of Stanislaus, Merced, and San Joaquin in California. If you're looking to find out if your phone number falls under the 209 area code, you can visit the North American Numbering Plan website and use their interactive map.
If you're moving to one of the three counties that are serviced by the 209 area code, you'll need to update your address with your new zip code. The three counties are:
Stanislaus County: Cities of Ceres, Hughson, Modesto, Newman, Oakdale, Patterson, Salida, Riverbank, Turlock, Waterford
Merced County: Cities of Atwater, Delhi, Dos Palos, Gustine, Hilmar, Livingston, Los Banos, Mariposa, Los Banos, Merced, Planada, Snelling
San Joaquin County: Cities of Acampo, Angel Camp, Banta, Bear Valley, Bethel, Burson, Clements, Copperopolis, Discovery Bay, Farmington, French Camp, Garden Acres, Glencoe, Herald, Lockeford, Lodi, Manteca, Martell, Morris, Mountain House, New Jerusalem, Nicholson, Oakdale, Patterson, Pine Grove, Pleasant Grove, Ripon, Stockton, Thornton, Tracy, Valley Springs, Wallace