229 Area Code (Georgia) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 229 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 8 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Georgia.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 229
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (229) 202-0635SurveySurveyThanks for sharing
- (229) 218-7717UnknownUnknownThis number texted me a very explicit message then sent me a topless picture of a girl
- (229) 218-8273Text/SMSText/SMSPlease take some obvious action against these scofflaws.
- (229) 337-8726Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterThis person called requesting bail money from his "grandpa". The name of the person calling was mark covan pretending to be an attorney.
- (229) 471-4939Bacanton, GA.Bacanton, GA.They have called often, but I never answer. They left several voicemails stating they have approval to go forward with the credit I had requested so go ahead and give a call back for more details
- (229) 496-9979VoiceMail GAVoiceMail GAdon't know how it happened, but my bill shows me calling this number on a day and time that I was not even at the house.
- (229) 518-6462Unknown And TrapCall Says Its 2296186462Unknown And TrapCall Says Its 2296186462Harassing calls
- (229) 520-3320Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterCalling back to back. Annoying.
Area Codes That Start with 2
- 201Area CodeNew Jersey, NJ
- 204Area CodeInvalid
- 210Area CodeTexas, TX
- 214Area CodeTexas, TX
- 215Area CodePennsylvania, PA
- 217Area CodeIllinois, IL
- 234Area CodeOhio, OH
- 239Area CodeFlorida, FL
- 248Area CodeMichigan, MI
- 250Area CodeInvalid
- 252Area CodeNorth Carolina, NC
- 262Area CodeWisconsin, WI
- 270Area CodeKentucky, KY
- 289Area CodeInvalid
- 299Area CodeInvalid
Major Counties Served by 229 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 229
- % of County
- Ben Hill17,6342%100%
Major Cities Served by 229 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 229
- % of City
- Webster County2,7992%100%
- Georgetown-Quitman County2,5131%100%
- Buena Vista2,1730%100%
- Fort Gaines1,1070%100%
- Ray City1,0900%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 17%Southern Bell Tel &
- 10%Mcc Telephony
- 4%Level 3
- 2%Georgia Windstream
- 2%City Of Thomasville
- 13%Verizon Wireless
- 6%Southern Services
- 1%Am Mesg Svc
- 1%Powertel Atlanta Licenses
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 229 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What is Area Code 229 and Where is It Coming From?
Area Code 229 was first introduced in 1947 as part of a split of Area Code 404. It originally covered the southwestern part of the state of Georgia, including the cities of Valdosta and Tifton. In 1952, it was extended to cover the entire state.Today, Area Code 229 covers the southwestern corner of Georgia, including the cities of Albany, Valdosta, and Tifton. It also includes a small portion of eastern Alabama, including the city of Columbus.
The 229 area code is expected to run out of numbers in 2019. A new area code, 478, is expected to be introduced in that area in 2019.
What Time Zone Is Area Code 229?
Area code 229 is located in the Central Time Zone. This time zone is in the middle of the country, spanning from the Gulf of Mexico to the Canadian border. The Central Time Zone is six hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and five hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Are Calls from Area Code 229 a Scam?
Are Calls from Area Code 229 a Scam? You may have received a call recently from someone with an area code of 229. You may have even wondered if it was a scam. Well, we're here to tell you that, unfortunately, it may well be.
Area code 229 is associated with the state of Georgia, in the southern United States. And according to a recent report, this area code is home to a large number of scam artists. These scammers often use aggressive tactics to try and extract money or personal information from their victims.
In fact, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has even issued a warning about calls from area code 229. The FTC advises that, if you receive a call from this area code, you should hang up immediately. And, if you've been scammed by someone with this area code, you should report it to the FTC.
So, if you're ever unsure about whether a call is a scam, it's best to err on the side of caution and hang up. And, if you think you may have been scammed by someone with area code 229, don't hesitate to report it to the FTC.
What Area Does Code 229 Serve?
Area code 229 serves the southwestern corner of Georgia. The area includes Valdosta, Thomasville, and Tifton.
Is Area Code 229 Toll Free?
Is Area Code 229 Toll Free?Yes, area code 229 is toll free. However, depending on your location, you may be charged for long-distance calls. Check with your phone service provider to find out if you will be charged for calls to area code 229.
How to Block Calls from Area Code 229?
It's no secret that unwanted callers can be a real pain. And if you're getting calls from an area code you don't recognize, it can be even more frustrating. So what can you do if you want to block calls from area code 229?There are a few different ways to go about this. One is to use a call blocker app. There are a number of these available, and they can be effective in blocking calls from specific area codes or even specific numbers.
Another option is to use your phone's settings to block calls from specific area codes. This option is available on most phones, and it's usually pretty easy to set up.
Finally, you can also ask your phone company to block calls from certain area codes. This is probably the most effective option, but it's also the most expensive.
No matter which option you choose, it's important to be proactive about blocking calls from unwanted callers. By taking steps to protect yourself from these calls, you can minimize the amount of stress they cause.