269 Area Code (Michigan) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 269 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 6 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Michigan.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 269
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (269) 200-8045UnknownUnknownno caller id name, do not leave a message and call again and again and once blocked they call from another (269) number.
- (269) 202-5675Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterThey have called me 17 times in a row and it's only 8 in the morning
- (269) 420-5182Weather D.O.T. Doll Assault Cia Foxdef Com PentagonWeather D.O.T. Doll Assault Cia Foxdef Com PentagonZIONIC MOOD DESTABLISER SPIRIT BLEEDING HOLY VESSELS SOLAR LAZER TAG AUORAS NANITES LIBBY JROTC TOWER HOPPER MONTANA SUPER NOS TAZMANIAN ATTORNEYS HURRULU THYPOON GOVERNMENT ALMANAC COMODITY COMOS EXTINGUISHERS FLOP SALVAGE FWDA NATIONAL PARK CVR RV ROUTER MAC MONOPLY 59923 KNETO VITAMIN MINERAL BLO BOLO POLICE SERITONIN DOPE SEEKING RESCUE NON RESPONSIVE AMBER ALEART BRAIL DEAF COMMUNICATION
- (269) 575-5694SsiSsiI answered and it took a few seconds before someone started talking. Sounded like a recording to me, but not sure. Caller identified with a name (hard to understand, which is the usual case with these calls) and stated they were from a collection firm (also named, but hard to understand). I hung up. I believe this to be a scammer. If they call again I will either not answer or block the number in the future. (I am also on the do not call list)
- (269) 586-9658New Buffalo (Somewhere)New Buffalo (Somewhere)Hate crime. Harassing
- (269) 779-9606SurveySurveyCalls day and night and hangs up.
Area Codes That Start with 2
- 202Area CodeDistrict of Columbia, DC
- 203Area CodeConnecticut, CT
- 204Area CodeInvalid
- 210Area CodeTexas, TX
- 212Area CodeNew York, NY
- 215Area CodePennsylvania, PA
- 219Area CodeIndiana, IN
- 225Area CodeLouisiana, LA
- 229Area CodeGeorgia, GA
- 234Area CodeOhio, OH
- 251Area CodeAlabama, AL
- 253Area CodeWashington, WA
- 262Area CodeWisconsin, WI
- 276Area CodeVirginia, VA
- 299Area CodeInvalid
Major Counties Served by 269 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 269
- % of County
- St. Joseph61,29511%100%
- Van Buren76,25814%57%
Major Cities Served by 269 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 269
- % of City
- Battle Creek52,3471%100%
- Benton Harbor10,0380%100%
- St. Joseph8,3650%100%
- Three Rivers7,8110%100%
- Fair Plain7,6310%100%
- Comstock Northwest5,4550%100%
- South Haven4,4030%100%
- Benton Heights4,0840%100%
- Paw Paw3,5340%100%
- Paw Paw Lake3,5110%100%
- Level Park-Oak Park3,4090%100%
- Brownlee Park2,1080%100%
- New Buffalo1,8830%99%
- Berrien Springs1,8000%100%
- Three Oaks1,6220%100%
- White Pigeon1,5220%100%
- Shorewood-Tower Hills-Harbert1,3440%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 10%Frontier North
- 4%Telnet Worldwide
- 3%Level 3
- 2%Comcast Phone
- 2%Frontier Midstates
- 8%Verizon Wireless
- 3%Usa Mobility Wireless
- 2%American Messaging (am)
- 1%Omnipoint Midwest Operations
- 1%Indiana Paging Ntwk
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 269 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What is Area Code 269 and Where is It Coming From?
Area code 269 is one of the original 86 area codes created in 1947. It covers southwest Michigan, including the cities of Kalamazoo, Battle Creek, and Benton Harbor.The 269 area code is expected to run out of phone numbers in 2020. A new area code, 616, will be added to the region in 2020.
What Time Zone Is Area Code 269?
269 is a Michigan area code. It covers southwest Michigan, including the cities of Battle Creek, Benton Harbor, Holland, and Kalamazoo.The 269 area code is in the Central Time Zone.
Are Calls from Area Code 269 a Scam?
Are Calls from Area Code 269 a Scam?Area code 269 was one of the latest area codes to be released in Michigan. It was released in 2001 and covered the southwestern portion of the state. Over the years, it has become associated with a large number of scam calls.
In particular, many scam calls seem to originate from this area code. This has led to many people believing that all calls from this area code are scams. While there are certainly a lot of scam calls that come from 269, this isn't always the case.
There are a number of legitimate businesses and organizations that use this area code. So, if you're ever unsure about a call, it's best to do a little research before you assume it's a scam.
If you're ever the victim of a scam call, it's important to report it to the authorities. This helps them track down the scammers and put an end to their activities.
What Area Does Code 269 Serve?
Area code 269 serves southwestern Michigan. This area code was created on January 15, 2002. It was formed by splitting area code 616.
Is Area Code 269 Toll Free?
Is Area Code 269 Toll Free?This is a question that many people have been wondering about. Area code 269 is a Michigan area code, and it is unclear if it is a toll-free area code or not.
Some people have said that calls made to area code 269 are toll-free, while others have said that they have been charged for calls to this area code. So, what is the truth?
To date, there is no definitive answer to this question. There have been no announcements from either the FCC or the FTC stating whether or not calls to area code 269 are toll-free.
At this point, it is up to the individual caller to decide if they want to risk incurring charges by making a call to this area code. If you are unsure about whether or not a call is toll-free, it is best to err on the side of caution and not make the call.
How to Block Calls from Area Code 269?
Are you getting calls from area code 269? If you are, you may be wondering how to block them. thankfully, there are a few ways to do this.The first way is to use your phone's built-in block feature. To do this, simply follow these steps:
1) Go to your phone's main menu
2) Select "Settings"
3) Select "Call Blocking"
4) Select "Add a Number"
5) Enter the number you want to block
6) Select "OK"
If you don't have a phone with a built-in block feature, you can use a third-party app to block the calls. One such app is called Mr. Number. To use this app, follow these steps:
1) Download the app
2) Open the app and select "Block Calls"
3) Select "Add a Number"
4) Enter the number you want to block
5) Select "OK"
If you are getting calls from area code 269, be sure to try one of these methods to block them.