276 Area Code (Virginia) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 276 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 7 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Virginia.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 276
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (276) 200-4738Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterCalled indicating they were the "Treasury Department" and the individual had a very thick/foreign accept, but yet his name was "Anthony Cooper". Would NOT give me any additional information, instead demanded mine just to bring up some phoney account.
- (276) 218-2467Scammer/FraudsterScammer/Fraudster36000 loan for all VA
- (276) 218-4789TelemarketerTelemarketerWANTED OUR COMPANY'S CREDIT CARD PEOPLE
- (276) 218-5488Prison/Jail Collect CallPrison/Jail Collect CallThis is the same company that always calls.
- (276) 244-8065UnknowmUnknowmperson got wrong number
- (276) 692-2066Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterI was able to track down some information on this. The number 276-692-2066 email [email protected] I have been in contact with Jamie Hansen. All I got was we put you on the do not call list recently. I have been on that list for awhile but they just kept calling and will change number and call back. I informed Hansen I was aware of Consumer Protection Act and they owed me compensation this time. Suddenly contact stopped go figure.
- (276) 964-5344Sherman ChambersSherman Chambershe is bothering me for so long time i did complain on 911 but the call still keep coming so help me and block this number im tired of this life already
Area Codes That Start with 2
- 201Area CodeNew Jersey, NJ
- 208Area CodeIdaho, ID
- 210Area CodeTexas, TX
- 212Area CodeNew York, NY
- 218Area CodeMinnesota, MN
- 226Area CodeInvalid
- 231Area CodeMichigan, MI
- 234Area CodeOhio, OH
- 239Area CodeFlorida, FL
- 240Area CodeMaryland, MD
- 248Area CodeMichigan, MI
- 250Area CodeInvalid
- 267Area CodePennsylvania, PA
- 269Area CodeMichigan, MI
- 281Area CodeTexas, TX
Major Counties Served by 276 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 276
- % of County
Major Cities Served by 276 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 276
- % of City
- Big Stone Gap5,6140%100%
- Horse Pasture2,2270%100%
- Gate City2,0340%100%
- Patrick Springs1,8450%100%
- Pennington Gap1,7810%100%
- Claypool Hill1,7760%100%
- Rural Retreat1,4830%100%
- Glade Spring1,4560%100%
- Weber City1,3270%100%
- Cedar Bluff1,1370%100%
- St. Paul9700%100%
- Meadow View9670%100%
- Fort Chiswell9390%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 7%Verizon South
- 5%Lumos Networks
- 4%Level 3
- 3%Comcast Phone
- 2%Bandwidthcom Clec
- 9%Verizon Wireless
- 4%United States Cellular -
- 1%Virginia PCS Alliance, LC
- 1%Appalachian Wireless
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 276 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What Is the Location and Time Zone of Area Code 276?
Area code 276 is located in the eastern time zone.
What Is the Origin of Area Code 276?
Area code 276 is located in the state of Virginia. It was one of the original area codes established in 1947. 276 originally covered the southwestern corner of Virginia, including the cities of Bristol and Abingdon. In 2000, the area code was split, and 276 was reduced to its current size. Today, 276 covers the counties of Washington, Smyth, and Grayson, as well as the city of Bristol.
What Areas Are Serviced by Code 276?
Are you looking for a reliable and experienced plumbing company that can help you with all your plumbing needs? If so, you should consider contacting Code 276. We are a full-service plumbing company that can help you with everything from fixing a leaky faucet to installing a new water heater. We serve a wide area, including Knoxville, Maryville, and Alcoa, so no matter where you are located, we should be able to help you.One of the things that makes us stand out from the competition is our commitment to customer satisfaction. We always put our customers first and make sure that we provide them with the highest quality service possible. We also offer a wide range of services, so we can meet the needs of everyone who needs our help.
If you are looking for a plumbing company that you can trust, Code 276 is the right choice. Contact us today to learn more about what we can do for you.
Is Area Code 276 Toll Free of Charge?
@When it comes to area codes, there are many people who are unsure of what they are and what they do. Area codes are simply the codes used to identify different regions or areas in a telephone number. They are also used to route calls to the correct area.
There are ten area codes in the United States, and each of them serves a specific geographic region. Area code 276 is one of these codes, and it is used to identify the southwestern region of Virginia. This code is also known as the Richmond area code.
If you are wondering if calling someone in the 276 area code will incur any toll charges, the answer is no. Calls made within this area code are free of charge. This applies to both landlines and cell phones.
How to Spot Scams in Area Code 276？
Area code 276 is one of the most scam-ridden areas in the United States. If you live in this area, or are considering moving to this area, it's important to be aware of the many scams that are common here.One of the most common scams in this area is the home repair scam. In this scam, the scammer will offer to do home repairs for a very low price. Once the work is started, the scammer will start asking for more and more money, until the victim has paid far more than the work is worth.
Another common scam in this area is the car repair scam. In this scam, the scammer will offer to do car repairs for a very low price. Once the work is started, the scammer will start asking for more and more money, until the victim has paid far more than the work is worth.
If you're living in or moving to area code 276, be on the lookout for these and other common scams. By being aware of the scams that are common in this area, you can protect yourself from becoming a victim.
How Can I Block Unwanted Calls from Area Code 276?
If you're getting calls from area code 276 and you don't want to receive them, you can take steps to block them. There are a few different ways to do this, and the method you choose will depend on your phone and your preferences.The first thing you can do is add area code 276 to your list of blocked numbers. To do this, open your phone's call blocker and add the number. If you're using an iPhone, you can do this by going to Settings > Phone > Blocked > Add New.
If you don't want to add the number to your list of blocked numbers, you can use call blocker software to block the call. This software will either filter the call or completely block it.
Finally, you can also ask your phone company to block the number for you. This is a good option if you're getting a lot of calls from the number. Your phone company can add the number to a blacklist, which will prevent it from calling your phone.