312 Area Code (Illinois) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 312 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 21 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Illinois.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 312
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (312) 260-1126Grub HubGrub HubI don't appreciate a call after midnight, waking me up! They called twice so it would ring through my do not disturb, then hung up. Rude!!!
- (312) 314-9810Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterNumerous wrong number calls to the point of harassment. I did not know consumer cellular was owned by AT&T. This phone is an unwanted calls s**t show !
- (312) 348-1544Some Law FirmSome Law FirmThey call daily for years. Pretty sure they left a message the cops would be coming over if I didn't pay that day. Anyway, talked to a guy. He said he was calling about past due taxes but needed me to confirm my Social Sec. #. He could only give me a partial. I wouldn't give it to him. Then he wanted my mailing address. I said if he is collecting for taxes, he should have my mailing address. He gave an address from 20 years ago. Strongly suspecting a scammer. Always have these type of people put it in writing and mail it to you if the already know your address.
- (312) 380-4059Harris And HarrisHarris And HarrisThis caller continuously calls me every day. I would like for it to be put to an end.
- (312) 380-4079Debt CollectorDebt CollectorCalling and calling for the wrong person. Stop f*****g calling me
- (312) 380-9374BlackstoneBlackstoneRecorded message said they were calling on behalf of the RMV, a courtesy alert that I was paying too much for auto insurance.
- (312) 391-9380Collection AgencyCollection Agencydo not know this company and have no desire to speak with them or to do business with them.
- (312) 423-7516Harri HarrisHarri HarrisPlease stop calling places of business for personal debt. Not our problem.
- (312) 575-6999Social SecuritySocial SecurityThis was from the Social Security regarding an application, the information left in the voice mail had clear expectations of what they were looking to clarify and it matched information that I had provided to them. This was a valid Social Security application call.
- (312) 604-7173Arnold Scott Harris Law FirmArnold Scott Harris Law Firmbi-weekly calls from (312) 423-7304 and (312) 423-7548 recorded calls asking for a return call to them. "we are dept. collectors..." No one here has dept.
- (312) 625-5352Text/SMSText/SMSText: "Yo Leej a guy was talking about you on https://appsto.re/i67S6vk" with a crying laughing emoji. Umm... Who the h**l is Yo Leej and how the heck did this person/thing get my phone number?
- (312) 642-3718Prison/Jail Collect CallPrison/Jail Collect CallIt is a medical alert scam to my 85 year old mom.
- (312) 646-4610UnknownUnknownNo clue who they are, but gave me a message in text with a code n7mber to "help with my development". STRANGE!
- (312) 647-2811Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterThey call almost every single morning. The unwanted calls are bad enough, but they wake me up, & I'm severely chronically ill, & need the sleep.
- (312) 663-8288Prank CallerPrank CallerTHIS COMPANY HAS REPEATEDLY CALLED MY RESIDENCE NUMEROUS TIME DAY AND NIGHT.
- (312) 724-9519Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterI received a series of texts from this number every other day. It started with a story of a lonely elderly person wanting to adopt a cat. The person claimed that my friend Susan (whom I don't have) gave them my number and said I could help since I was a kind and religious person. This follows a pattern of many other scam texts I have received from different numbers. Eventually, the tone of the text turned belligerent, stating that it's a shame Susan has a friend like me. These awful scammers!
- (312) 746-6000Chicago Police DepartmentChicago Police DepartmentWere they calling asking for 3,500 for mental health damages?
- (312) 852-7845ScammerScammerDONOT CALL AGAIN
- (312) 906-7154Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterIt is the voice of a hyped up charlatan spiritual alert of witchcraft cast against you and it needs to be rebuked answer this call and press 1 for you special message.
- (312) 940-4286Chicgozn01Chicgozn01They keep calling telling me I won some money, I hang up
Area Codes That Start with 3
- 302Area CodeDelaware, DE
- 303Area CodeColorado, CO
- 306Area CodeInvalid
- 308Area CodeNebraska, NE
- 313Area CodeMichigan, MI
- 321Area CodeFlorida, FL
- 330Area CodeOhio, OH
- 337Area CodeLouisiana, LA
- 340Area CodeInvalid
- 343Area CodeInvalid
- 346Area CodeTexas, TX
- 347Area CodeNew York, NY
- 351Area CodeInvalid
- 352Area CodeFlorida, FL
- 386Area CodeFlorida, FL
Major Counties Served by 312 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 312
- % of County
Major Cities Served by 312 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 312
- % of City
Popular Phone Carriers
- 2%Mcimetro Access Transmission Services
- 1%Allegiance Telecom
- 1%Teleport America
- 1%Rcn Telecom Services
- 7%Verizon Wireless
- 6%Usa Mobility Wireless
- 3%American Messaging (am)
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 312 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What is Area Code 312 and Where is It Coming From?
Area code 312 is a telephone area code for a large area of the city of Chicago. The area code was one of the original area codes established in Illinois in 1947. It originally covered the entire city of Chicago.The 312 area code is currently split into two parts. The northern part of the area code covers the Loop, Lincoln Park, Lakeview, Uptown, Rogers Park, and most of the North Side. The southern part of the area code covers the Bronzeville, Douglas, Englewood, Grand Boulevard, Hyde Park, and South Side neighborhoods.
The 312 area code is projected to run out of numbers by 2019. A new overlay area code, 464, is scheduled to be activated in 2019. All current 312 phone numbers will be assigned to 464, and new phone numbers will be assigned to 464.
What Time Zone Is Area Code 312?
Area code 312 is located in the Central Time Zone. This zone covers most of the Midwestern United States. Central Time is six hours behind Greenwich Mean Time.
Are Calls from Area Code 312 a Scam?
There has been a recent uptick in reports of scam calls coming from area code 312. And while it's always important to be aware of potential scams, it can be tough to know when a call is actually a scam and when it's not. Here are a few tips to help you determine if a call from area code 312 is a scam:• If the caller asks for personal information, like your Social Security number or bank account information, it's likely a scam. Legitimate businesses will never ask for this type of information over the phone.
• If the caller tries to rush you or sounds like they're in a hurry, it's likely a scam. Legitimate businesses will never pressure you to make a purchase or give away your personal information.
• If the caller asks you to wire money or send cash, it's likely a scam. Legitimate businesses will never ask you to send money in this way.
• If the caller threatens you or tries to scare you, it's likely a scam. Legitimate businesses will never threaten or try to scare their customers.
If you're not sure whether a call is a scam or not, you can always hang up and call the company or organization directly to verify. And if you think you may have been scammed, you can report it to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).