315 Area Code (New York) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 315 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 16 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of New York.
New York, NY
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 315
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (315) 207-4674FaxFaxOn this call, as on others, when I ask what the name of the company represented, I am disconnected or hung up on.
- (315) 215-00228012149297 - So Unknown8012149297 - So UnknownCall, asked 3 questions and hung up
- (315) 215-1144No Name Just #No Name Just #Call came in at 11:52pm on 7/22 A man asked me for my education info. I said put me on your do not call list. He said why? I said because I said so! He said F you! I hung up. Then he continued to call me all day! 14 times in all! I have times called on my caller id! 11:53 12:09 12:26 12:39 12:51 1:14 1:23 2:18 3:44 4:11 4:22 4:59 5:19
- (315) 215-3551Scammer/FraudsterScammer/Fraudster"Social security"
- (315) 232-8257Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterReceived several calls to my cell phone: (615) 406-2037; (615) 406-6386; (615) 406-3750 all leaving same message on voice mail: ". . . listen to this message again, or if you wish to contact us later, please call us on our toll-free number (315) 232-8257. Thank you. " First red flag? Area code 315 is not a toll-free prefix. From looks of it, probably the Apple scam. My question is, what is it they want? Nobody here even has any Apple products.
- (315) 284-1444Elise StefanikElise StefanikNo one there. I block now. Do not know if it is political or not. From Elise Stefanik, name. She is a politician!
- (315) 284-8637Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterThey use rotating numbers, so I block one & another one shows up. This is at Least the 10th call I am going to block on them.
- (315) 464-2500SurveySurveyInitial call was a recording pressed 1 got a live person asked for company name told person the number called is on the Do Not Call list and don't call again.
- (315) 509-9217Claiming GoogleClaiming GoogleTrying to claim my business, So customer can find me . Btw I is always a Company's call PR , Claiming they will put your business #1. On the search on google, But if you don't do business with them . They put you away of the search list , custmr don't find you on the top , Is A Scam.
- (315) 585-8045Scammer/FraudsterScammer/Fraudster.
- (315) 639-8222Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterSaid he was a friend of my husband's, knew his name and demanded I quit lying and put my husband on (my cell phone) Called about 10 x, and when I tried to call the number back, got recording "this # has been disconnected and is no longer in service" Indian accent, and voices in the background. Very phishy.....
- (315) 675-7866UnknownUnknownRepeated calls, 3-4 times a week and mulitple times in one day. Does not leave messages.
- (315) 713-1053Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterCaller
- (315) 724-4022Bank Of AmericaBank Of AmericaI was talking to this dude on line and he gave me this number to call with an account number and what's supposed to be his tax number and told me he didn't know how much was in his account how can they be stopped
- (315) 797-6000Text/SMSText/SMSThe call comes every day at various hours and records on my machine.
- (315) 888-3013Prison/Jail Collect CallPrison/Jail Collect CallI do not know the real name of the company because it is a recording.
Area Codes That Start with 3
- 302Area CodeDelaware, DE
- 306Area CodeInvalid
- 308Area CodeNebraska, NE
- 312Area CodeIllinois, IL
- 313Area CodeMichigan, MI
- 314Area CodeMissouri, MO
- 317Area CodeIndiana, IN
- 323Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 330Area CodeOhio, OH
- 331Area CodeIllinois, IL
- 334Area CodeAlabama, AL
- 337Area CodeLouisiana, LA
- 347Area CodeNew York, NY
- 351Area CodeInvalid
- 386Area CodeFlorida, FL
Major Counties Served by 315 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 315
- % of County
- St. Lawrence111,94420%86%
Major Cities Served by 315 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 315
- % of City
- Fort Drum12,9550%100%
- North Syracuse6,8000%100%
- Seneca Falls6,6810%100%
- Penn Yan5,1590%100%
- Little Falls4,9460%100%
- Village Green3,8910%100%
- SUNY Oswego3,6760%100%
- New York Mills3,3270%100%
- East Syracuse3,0840%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 6%Time Warner Cable Info Svce (new York)
- 5%Teleport Group
- 5%Frontier Comm Of Ny
- 4%Warwick Valley Mobile Telephone Company
- 3%Choice One
- 8%Verizon Wireless
- 2%Usa Mobility Wireless
- 1%Cricket Comm
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 315 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What Is the Location and Time Zone of Area Code 315?
315 is a telephone area code in central New York. It was created in 1947, and covers most of up to Syracuse. 315 covers 21 counties in all. The 315 area code is in the Eastern Time Zone.
What Is the Origin of Area Code 315?
315 is one of the original area codes established in 1947. It covers most of upstate New York, including Syracuse, Rochester, and Buffalo. But where does 315 come from?Area codes were first introduced in the 1940s as a way to efficiently allocate phone numbers. The first area code was 201, which covered the New York City area. Other area codes were soon created, and by 1947, area code 315 was established.
The 315 area code was originally assigned to central and western New York, including Syracuse, Rochester, and Buffalo. In 1998, the 315 area code was split, and the new 607 area code was assigned to the eastern part of upstate New York.
Today, the 315 area code is still in use, and it covers most of upstate New York. If you're looking to call someone in upstate New York, be sure to use the 315 area code.
What Areas Are Serviced by Code 315?
What Areas Are Serviced by Code 315?Code 315 is a special area code that covers a number of different areas in upstate New York. If you're looking to find out whether your area is covered by Code 315, then take a look at the list below.
Code 315 covers the following areas:
The coverage area for Code 315 is expanding all the time, so be sure to check back for updates. If your area isn't currently covered by Code 315, then keep an eye out, because it may be soon!
Is Area Code 315 Toll Free of Charge?
Whether or not an area code is toll free can be a bit of a contentious topic. After all, there's nothing more frustrating than being on the phone with a customer service representative and having to listen to them recite a long list of toll-free numbers.For those living in the Syracuse area, the answer to the question of whether or not area code 315 is toll free is a resounding "no." Calls made within the 315 area code are subject to the same rates as calls made within any other area code in the United States.
Of course, there are a few ways to get around paying for long-distance calls. If you have a landline, you can use your long-distance service provider to make calls. You can also use a calling card or make a call through the internet.
If you're looking for a more convenient option, you might want to consider using a VoIP service. With a VoIP service, you can make calls to any phone number in the world for a fraction of the cost of a traditional long-distance call.
So, is area code 315 toll free? The answer is a resounding "no," but there are plenty of ways to avoid paying for long-distance calls.
How to Spot Scams in Area Code 315？
Area code 315 is one of the most popular areas for scammers to operate in. scam artists tend to prey on people who are not from the area and may not be familiar with the scams that are common there. So, how can you spot a scam in area code 315?One common scam in this area is the “Nigerian prince” scam. This scam typically involves someone emailing you and saying that they are a Nigerian prince who needs your help to get money out of the country. They may ask you to wire them money, or to help them transfer money to your bank account. Of course, this is not a legitimate request, and you should not send any money to the person.
Another common scam in area code 315 is the “grandparent” scam. In this scam, the scammer calls you and pretends to be your grandparent. They may say that they are in trouble and need money, or that they need to bail someone out of jail. Again, this is a scam, and you should not send any money to the person.
There are many other scams that are common in this area, so it is important to be aware of them all. Be wary of any requests for money that seem too good to be true, and never give out your personal information or banking details to someone you don’t know. If you think you may have been scammed, contact your local police department.
How Can I Block Unwanted Calls from Area Code 315?
Area code 315 is one of the most popular area codes in the United States. Unfortunately, this also means that it is often used by telemarketers and other scammers to target unsuspecting victims. If you are getting calls from area code 315 that you don't want, there are a few things you can do to block them.The first thing you can do is add area code 315 to your list of blocked numbers. This will prevent any calls from this area code from coming through to your phone. You can add numbers to your blocked list by contacting your phone provider or by using an app or service that specializes in blocking unwanted calls.
Another option is to use a call blocker app or service. These apps and services will help you to identify and block calls from specific area codes or even specific numbers. This can be a great option if you are getting a lot of calls from a certain area code or if you only want to block certain numbers.
Finally, you can try to answer the calls and then hang up immediately. This may not be a foolproof solution, but it can help to reduce the number of calls you get from area code 315.
No matter what method you choose, it is important to be proactive about blocking unwanted calls. By taking a few simple steps, you can keep these calls from disrupting your day-to-day life.