401 Area Code (Rhode Island) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 401 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 20 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Rhode Island.
Rhode Island, RI
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 401
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (401) 205-0009Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterRepeated calls with no speaking. Robotic comment when called back.
- (401) 214-2609Merchant Services Department Of Wells Fargo FinnancialMerchant Services Department Of Wells Fargo FinnancialAsking for fax number to send information about reducing our credit card rates. I said not to call again, that I knew about the scams
- (401) 214-2788Want To KnowWant To KnowSaying i have a lawsuit against me
- (401) 227-0460Prank CallerPrank Calleri get these calls morning, noon, and night.
- (401) 234-2599Scammer/FraudsterScammer/Fraudster8:52 pm. Detroit. No message left.
- (401) 238-9560SurveySurveyIts a scam call, posing as a voter survey, but then turns into a Republican propaganda call. Twisting facts to fit a narrative they are pushing. I don't know if the calls are being made at the will of Alan Fung and Ashely Kalus, as those names were mentioned often in the call, but if it is their campaigns doing they should be embarrassed.
- (401) 284-7814Rhode Island IncRhode Island IncGot same unsolicited email except this time the name was Whitley Richey and the ph number is 401-234-1956 EXACT SAME THING: Thank you for your interest! Warwick, RI Dear XXXXXX, We are a company that is full of energy and offers extensive room for growth and advancement. We have received an overwhelming number of applications and selected your resume from a number of qualified and talented candidates. My HR Manager had the opportunity to review your resume and after assessing your qualifications he wanted me to reach out to you and verify a few things and potentially schedule a meeting with you to discuss the position via Zoom webinar. We are hosting a webinar on Tuesday, 2/9/2021. Please feel free to call our office at 401-234-1926 to speak with our staff. Thank you and we look forward to speaking with you very soon!
- (401) 297-2152SsiSsi401-297-2152 called and said they were the National Data Collection agency and had a survey. They knew me by my full name. When I asked how they got my phone number, they hung up. Next time they called and I answered - same person same agency. Same person and agency also called from 401-297-2154.
- (401) 369-3705Un-KnownUn-KnownReceive monthly voicemail. Cannot block voicemails.
- (401) 369-6501Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterKeeps calling, don't know who it is and they leave no message but hand on the line for a minute or so when a message should be recorded
- (401) 406-4416Political callPolitical callYOU need to STOP them.
- (401) 406-7215Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterPicked up and it's a recording saying "please continue to hold" then music for about 3 seconds. Then it repeats.
- (401) 430-3033VerizonVerizonCalls everyday and just hear breathing and shuffling and i hang up as they try to talk
- (401) 444-6877Lifespan IncLifespan IncRang a couple of times . Didn't answer. No message.
- (401) 464-3000Said They Were Citizen's BankSaid They Were Citizen's BankAsked for social security number. Googled the number and found it belongs to Karliam Torres, Woonasquatucket Ave. North Providence, RI 02911.
- (401) 589-2632Call CenterCall CenterSaying they will get me Monetary Aid from Government I do not need to pay back. I call phone number back and it is a Non Working Number, Just a Busy signal this time. Caller ID Says R.I. same as the other 30 calls I had yesterday from 20 seperate Bad Numbers.
- (401) 594-4785Text/SMSText/SMSThis individual is threatening me. Claimed to be the FBI. Said they have my information and will leak it out.
- (401) 736-4565IndividualIndividualCalled around 9pm
- (401) 829-4693Providence, RIProvidence, RISaid they were doing a political survey. The first question they asked was my age and when I told them what it was they hung up.
- (401) 859-5266SsiSsigot a text from this number saying "Hi Eric, My name is David. I saw your property at 41 Blais Ave" 41 Blais Ave is a link so, I think is a scammer trying to get my personal information
Area Codes That Start with 4
- 403Area CodeInvalid
- 405Area CodeOklahoma, OK
- 406Area CodeMontana, MT
- 408Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 410Area CodeMaryland, MD
- 416Area CodeInvalid
- 418Area CodeInvalid
- 430Area CodeTexas, TX
- 431Area CodeInvalid
- 432Area CodeTexas, TX
- 442Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 443Area CodeMaryland, MD
- 470Area CodeGeorgia, GA
- 475Area CodeConnecticut, CT
- 484Area CodePennsylvania, PA
Major Counties Served by 401 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 401
- % of County
Major Cities Served by 401 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 401
- % of City
- East Providence47,0371%100%
- Central Falls19,3760%100%
- Newport East11,7690%100%
- Valley Falls11,5470%100%
- Cumberland Hill7,9340%100%
- Narragansett Pier3,4090%100%
- Hope Valley1,6120%100%
- Foster Center3550%100%
- Watch Hill1540%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 29%Verizon New England
- 8%Level 3
- 6%Cox Rhode Island Telecom
- 4%Mcimetro Access Transmission Services
- 4%Teleport America
- 3%Global Naps
- 7%Verizon Wireless
- 4%Omnipoint Miami E License
- 3%Verizon New England
- 1%Usa Mobility Wireless
- 1%Metro PCS
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 401 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What is Area Code 401 and Where is It Coming From?
Area code 401 is the area code for the state of Rhode Island. It was created on July 1, 1947, and was the first area code in the United States.
What Time Zone Is Area Code 401?
Area code 401 covers Rhode Island and parts of Massachusetts. The time zone for this area code is Eastern Standard Time. This means that the time zone is UTC-5 during the winter months and UTC-4 during the summer months.
Are Calls from Area Code 401 a Scam?
Area code 401 is one of the most popular area codes in the United States. However, there have been reports of scam calls being made from this area code. So, is it safe to answer calls from 401?The short answer is yes, it is safe to answer calls from 401. However, you should still be cautious and never give out your personal information to someone you don't know. If you receive a call from 401 and the caller is asking for personal information, such as your social security number or bank account details, you should hang up and report the call to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
There are a number of ways that you can protect yourself from scam calls, including using a caller ID blocker and being aware of what to look for in a scam call. You can also sign up for the National Do Not Call Registry to stop most telemarketing calls.
If you have any questions about scam calls, or if you need help protecting yourself from these calls, please contact the FTC.
What Area Does Code 401 Serve?
Code 401 is an important area for many people in the Atlanta area. What does this code mean for the area and what are the benefits?Code 401 is an area code that serves the Atlanta, Georgia area. It was created in 1947 and was one of the original area codes created in the United States. This code is important to many people in the area because it is the area code for Atlanta.
The Atlanta area is a major metropolitan area and is the ninth largest in the country. It is home to over 5.5 million people and is a major center for business, industry, and culture. The area code is also important because it is the area code for the state capital.
The benefits of Code 401 are many. The area is a major center for business and industry. It is home to major corporations and businesses and is a major transportation hub. The area is also home to many cultural and recreational attractions.
Is Area Code 401 Toll Free?
Is Area Code 401 Toll Free?This is a question that many people have asked, and the answer is a little bit complicated.
First of all, it is important to understand that there are different types of toll-free numbers. There are 800 numbers, 888 numbers, and 877 numbers. These are the most common types of toll-free numbers.
Each of these numbers has a specific area code. The 800 area code is for numbers in the United States, the 888 area code is for numbers in Canada, and the 877 area code is for numbers in the United States and Canada.
The 401 area code is for numbers in Rhode Island. This means that, if you are calling someone in Rhode Island, you should use the 401 area code. If you are calling someone in a different state, you should use the area code for that state.
However, if you are calling someone in Canada, you should use the 888 area code. This is because the 888 area code is for numbers in Canada.
So, is the 401 area code toll-free?
In a word, no. The 401 area code is not toll-free. You will have to pay a toll if you are calling someone in Rhode Island using this area code.
How to Block Calls from Area Code 401?
How to Block Calls from Area Code 401?There may be times when you want to block calls from a specific area code. Maybe you're getting too many calls from a specific area, or maybe you just don't want to receive any calls from that area. Whatever the reason, blocking calls from a specific area code is actually pretty easy to do.
The first thing you'll need to do is determine the area code you want to block. Once you have that, you'll need to find the specific number you want to block. To do this, you can use a website like WhitePages.com. Once you have the number, you'll need to enter it into your phone's blocking system.
Each phone has a different way of blocking calls. For iPhones, you can block calls by going to Settings > Phone > Blocked. Then, enter the number you want to block into the "Phone Number" field.
For Android phones, you can block calls by going to Settings > Phone > Call Blocking > Auto-Reject Calls. Then, enter the number you want to block into the "Auto-Reject List" field.
Once you've entered the number, your phone will automatically reject any calls from that area code.