408 Area Code (California) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 408 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 23 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of California.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 408
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (408) 256-0700Suspected Spam Caller Came Up On My PhoneSuspected Spam Caller Came Up On My Phonethey call and leave no message.
- (408) 256-7143PgePgeI don't know what they benefitted by this scam call. Waste of time for both. They are very rude in nature sometime and argue with us.
- (408) 307-5049Randolph Rothenberger Of Carmichael ScammerRandolph Rothenberger Of Carmichael ScammerHis name is Randolph rothenberger he's a scammer
- (408) 401-9522ScammerScammerCalls, never leaves a message. Takes up the whole message time on my phone and all you hear is radio background music.
- (408) 418-9388Collection AgencyCollection AgencyIt said to press "one" to speak with a live person. When the person came on the line and asked if I wanted a lower rate on my credit card and I said, "No. I want to know how you got my number and want you to stop calling me," he hung up on me mid sentence. Seriously, Can't you do ANYTHING to these people? I get calls like this EVERY day.
- (408) 457-9381IDC TechnologiesIDC TechnologiesSeems to be a BS recruiting call. Fraudulent. I recently signed up on some legit job websites. And this is what I get ...
- (408) 462-6294Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterThis is a home health agency and it is very important to keep our phone lines open and available for emergencies.
- (408) 509-3934Text/SMSText/SMSSexting and flirting with young girls
- (408) 516-5141Snjs West CaSnjs West CaThis number keeps calling me repeatedly!!
- (408) 524-9200ExlExlWanting to process our GL Audit.
- (408) 526-4000Prank CallerPrank CallerReceived blank calls four times from this number
- (408) 549-9955Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterHe did not listen and continued to shout at me that he was sending me this product.
- (408) 556-4000Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterI received a missed call from this number a moment ago, i am in Dublin Ireland. They also seem to have left a voicemail, which i've since deleted. I'm going to block this number, definitely a fraudster.
- (408) 610-2187UnknownUnknownSaid to call back before legal action is taken! Scam, fraudulent, scammer!!
- (408) 610-4900Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterTrying to use 2FA, clicked on little iPhone icon on two factor (icon without message rates apply), received automated message - 576 goodbye from yahoo. Hacked email, hacked social media - don't know how they ported my phone number, but had to change EVERYTHING online. Government should do something about this.
- (408) 610-7144Morgan From Lexington Law OfficeMorgan From Lexington Law OfficeThis company is consistency calling all hours, starting early in the morning and through out the day. If I wanted their service I would call them. This is harassing and unwarranted... Please have them discontinue with their harassing calls
- (408) 662-4732Jim RodriguezJim RodriguezSaid he was in charge of Powerball winnings and I had to text him my personal info. Funny thing I dont gamble. In drug recovery gambling is considered an addiction.
- (408) 695-7967SurveySurveyAt that point I realized it was a scam and started asking pointed questions and caller disconnected.
- (408) 755-4265Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterWorks for Chase AND USBank fraud dept and wants all your Credit Card info to “protect” you
- (408) 792-6300Duke EnergyDuke Energytelemarketer
Area Codes That Start with 4
- 403Area CodeInvalid
- 407Area CodeFlorida, FL
- 410Area CodeMaryland, MD
- 413Area CodeMassachusetts, MA
- 423Area CodeTennessee, TN
- 424Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 425Area CodeWashington, WA
- 430Area CodeTexas, TX
- 432Area CodeTexas, TX
- 437Area CodeInvalid
- 440Area CodeOhio, OH
- 450Area CodeInvalid
- 470Area CodeGeorgia, GA
- 480Area CodeArizona, AZ
- 484Area CodePennsylvania, PA
Major Counties Served by 408 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 408
- % of County
- Santa Clara1,781,64296%80%
- Santa Cruz262,3824%7%
Major Cities Served by 408 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 408
- % of City
- San Jose945,94217%100%
- Santa Clara116,4682%100%
- Morgan Hill37,8821%100%
- Los Gatos29,4131%100%
- Alum Rock15,5360%100%
- East Foothills8,2690%100%
- San Martin7,0271%100%
- Palo Alto64,4030%9%
- Monte Sereno3,3410%100%
- Cambrian Park3,2820%100%
- Lexington Hills2,4210%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 42%Pacific Bell
- 3%Pac - West Telecomm
- 2%Bandwidthcom Clec
- 2%Teleport Group - San Francisco
- 2%Level 3
- 2%Brooks Fiber
- 7%Verizon Wireless
- 4%Usa Mobility Wireless
- 1%American Messaging Services
- 1%American Messaging (am)
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 408 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What is Area Code 408 and Where is It Coming From?
Area code 408 is a California area code that covers the southern San Francisco Bay Area. It was created on July 1, 1998, as a split from area code 415. Area code 408 is overlaid by area code 669.
What Time Zone Is Area Code 408?
The 408 area code is located in the Mountain Time Zone. This means that the time in this area is the same as the time in Denver, Colorado.
Are Calls from Area Code 408 a Scam?
Are calls from area code 408 a scam? That’s a question that a lot of people have been asking lately. And it’s a good question, too. After all, area code 408 is in the heart of Silicon Valley. It’s home to a lot of tech companies, including Apple, Google, and Facebook. So it’s a natural place for scammers to try and target people.But is it really a scam? Well, the answer to that question isn’t so clear-cut. There are definitely a lot of scams that originate from area code 408. But there are also a lot of legitimate businesses located in that area code. So it’s hard to say for sure whether or not all calls from that area code are scams.
However, there are a few things that you can do to protect yourself from scammers who are calling from area code 408. First of all, you can always hang up if you don’t recognize the number. And you can also start using a call blocker to help protect yourself from telemarketers and other scammers.
If you’re really worried about getting scammed, you may also want to consider changing your phone number. That may seem like a drastic step, but it’s something that a lot of people have been doing lately in order to protect themselves from telemarketers and other scammers.
At the end of the day, it’s up to you to decide whether or not you want to answer calls from area code 408. But just be aware of the risks that are involved, and take the appropriate precautions to protect yourself.