415 Area Code (California) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 415 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 102,933 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of California.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 415
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (415) 000-0000SurveySurveyIt's a scam call.
- (415) 000-1111Collection AgencyCollection AgencyI thought that I had already registered on the donotcall list, but I registered again just in case.
- (415) 000-7020TelemarketerTelemarketerThis Bank Card Services are always calling and keeps changing their phone number.
- (415) 001-9210Collection AgencyCollection AgencySometimes called daily, some times called couple of times in several days, but has been harassing now for a long time.
- (415) 002-1428Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterThey should not be exempt from the do not call list.
- (415) 002-4288Text/SMSText/SMSYour Auto rates have gone down!" He couldn't tell me the name of the insurance company I have. scam
- (415) 002-9322SurveySurveyI have asked them to quit calling but number of calls has increased since then.
- (415) 003-7683SurveySurveyTold her that I was on the national no call list suspected the call was illegal.
- (415) 004-8417FaxFaxThey also call from 888-574-8504.
- (415) 006-3148Prison/Jail Collect CallPrison/Jail Collect CallMiddle Eastern accent.
- (415) 007-4817Prison/Jail Collect CallPrison/Jail Collect CallI asked to ber removed and she hung up.
- (415) 007-4867Text/SMSText/SMSI believe this is a scam.
- (415) 008-2262TelemarketerTelemarketerThey have excepted the information I guess without looking into the information.
- (415) 009-0301Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterI did an internet search on this number and see many people complaining about calls from this number.
- (415) 009-4373FaxFaxPersistent caller with leading questions.
- (415) 009-8753Collection AgencyCollection AgencyThis has been so annoying.
- (415) 011-2535Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterThey leave a message on answering machine.
- (415) 011-2544Prison/Jail Collect CallPrison/Jail Collect CallThey let the phone ring twice and then hang up without leaving a message.
- (415) 014-3276Collection AgencyCollection Agencyi have received MANY calls
- (415) 016-2513Collection AgencyCollection Agencyrepetetive calls from this number
Area Codes That Start with 4
- 403Area CodeInvalid
- 408Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 409Area CodeTexas, TX
- 410Area CodeMaryland, MD
- 418Area CodeInvalid
- 430Area CodeTexas, TX
- 431Area CodeInvalid
- 437Area CodeInvalid
- 440Area CodeOhio, OH
- 458Area CodeInvalid
- 469Area CodeTexas, TX
- 470Area CodeGeorgia, GA
- 478Area CodeGeorgia, GA
- 479Area CodeArkansas, AR
- 480Area CodeArizona, AZ
Major Counties Served by 415 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 415
- % of County
- San Francisco805,23517%59%
Major Cities Served by 415 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 415
- % of City
- San Francisco805,23517%59%
- San Rafael57,7133%100%
- Daly City101,1230%16%
- Mill Valley13,9031%100%
- San Anselmo12,3360%100%
- Tamalpais-Homestead Valley10,7351%100%
- Corte Madera9,2531%100%
- Lucas Valley-Marinwood6,0941%100%
- Santa Venetia4,2920%100%
- Marin City2,6660%100%
- Sleepy Hollow2,3840%100%
- Lagunitas-Forest Knolls1,8191%100%
- Black Point-Green Point1,3060%100%
- Stinson Beach6320%100%
- Point Reyes Station8480%60%
- San Geronimo4460%100%
- Muir Beach3100%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 43%Pacific Bell
- 3%Pac - West Telecomm
- 3%Mcimetro Access Transmission Services
- 2%Teleport Group - San Francisco
- 2%Level 3
- 2%Us Telepacific
- 5%Verizon Wireless
- 3%Usa Mobility Wireless
- 1%American Messaging (am)
- 1%Metro PCS
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 415 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What is Area Code 415 and Where is It Coming From?
Area code 415 is one of the original area codes established in California in October 1947. It originally served the entire Bay Area, but as the area grew, it was gradually split into smaller area codes. Today, it covers San Francisco and surrounding Marin, San Mateo, and Santa Clara counties.The 415 area code is unique in that it is one of the few area codes in the US that is still a toll code. Calls within the 415 area code are toll-free, but calls to or from the 415 area code are charged at a higher rate than calls to or from other area codes.
The 415 area code is also home to some of the most iconic landmarks in the United States, including the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz Island, and Fisherman's Wharf.
What Time Zone Is Area Code 415?
Do you have any idea what time zone Area Code 415 is in? If not, don't worry, you're not alone. A lot of people don't know that! Area Code 415 is in the Pacific Standard Time Zone. PST is 8 hours behind Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). So, when it's 12:00 PM EST, it's 4:00 PM PST.
Are Calls from Area Code 415 a Scam?
Are calls from Area Code 415 a scam?There's been a lot of talk lately about calls from Area Code 415, and whether or not they're scams. Some people are saying that anyone who answers a call from this area code is likely to be scammed, while others are insisting that there's no need to panic, and that most calls from 415 are perfectly legitimate. So what's the truth?
Well, it's hard to say for sure. Area Code 415 covers a large area of California, including the city of San Francisco. It's home to a lot of businesses and residential areas, so it's not surprising that it would be home to a lot of scammers too. However, that doesn't mean that every call from this area code is a scam.
There are a lot of things to consider when it comes to Area Code 415. For example, not all calls from this area code are made by scammers. Some calls may be from legitimate businesses or individuals, and some may even come from scammers who are operating outside of the area code. Additionally, not all scams that originate from this area code are the same. Some scams may be more aggressive or deceptive than others, so it's important to be aware of the signs of a scam before you decide that a call is definitely fraudulent.
Ultimately, the best way to protect yourself from scammers is to be vigilant. If you're not sure whether or not a call is legitimate, don't hesitate to hang up and call the number back yourself. You can also do a quick internet search to see if other people have reported any scams that are associated with that number. And if you do happen to fall victim to a scam, be sure to report it to the appropriate authorities.