470 Area Code (Georgia) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 470 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 18 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Georgia.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 470
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (470) 203-2034Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterDid not answer and has called several times today. My carrier states is it Telemarketer. Also, got call from 678-704-0211 and my carrier lists as Telemarketer (did not answer). No messages left.
- (470) 204-0120Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterSusan Rogers called from Dallas Financial for pending civil matter in regards to my social security number. SCAM!
- (470) 204-3042Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterLeft voice-mail saying they will serve me with documents. You do not get a call when you are going to be served.
- (470) 205-4014R&N GroupR&N GroupIf you're going to run a scam like this, at least be proficient in English well enough to explain what you want. The person who called had no clue what they were doing or how to explain themselves. Kept saying they were calling for "employment verification" but couldn't tell me who they were or why I should give them such information. I asked quite directly several times and the bozo just repeated himself again, that he was calling for "employment verification." Well whoop de doo for you pal, why do I care? Why should I give you any information at all, who is it trying to verify employment? Couldn't answer those simple questions. I finally told them to call back when they figured out what they actually wanted.
- (470) 205-9504OnStarOnStarCall came to our home phone with caller ID as OnStar. No response when I said, Hello, so I hung up. Same number called back a second time about 2 mins later. OnStar was disabled by GM in Feb 2022, so I assume the numbers are now being used for either robocalls or scammers.
- (470) 232-6907Debt CollectorDebt CollectorK
- (470) 319-4110Will Not SayWill Not Saycontinually calling leaving threatening messages
- (470) 329-8746TelemarketerTelemarketerI reported this company about a year ago, and the calles did stop, only to start up again.
- (470) 333-0096Scammer/FraudsterScammer/Fraudstermissed call blank voicemail wouldn't answer when I return call
- (470) 333-1638?+1 (470) 333-1639??+1 (470) 333-1639?I never answer but they've been calling from this number and multiple variations of the same area code for weeks. No voicemails or texts
- (470) 339-0165Comcast /ScamComcast /ScamPerson responded and mispronounced my name saying that me comcast account needed verification
- (470) 422-7418Prison/Jail Collect CallPrison/Jail Collect CallThis is not a scammer somebody come from Gwinnett county jail, in Georgia
- (470) 443-1071Collection AgencyCollection AgencyWhen a rep came on the call, I complained about the repeated calls and cited the Do Not Call registry.
- (470) 444-2077Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterSomething about insurance about my house, I said I already have it, who is this, hung up
- (470) 444-2962ScammersScammersI got a call from this phone number, 470-444-2962. No Caller ID and they did not leave a message. A Callback from my other phone number got a recording saying "All of our agents are busy, please leave a message." Ah sorry, No. These people are calling me from a phone number with no name on their Caller ID and they won't leave a message, then they will not get ANY Information back from me either. And it doesn't matter how many times they try to call me or from how many different phone numbers that they call from, Their Phone Calls Are NOT Getting Through. Not Until they Identify themselves on the Caller ID AND Leave a Message why they are calling. I NEVER Answer ANY Phone Calls from a phone number with no name on the Caller ID, with a name that I do not recognize on the Caller ID or from a Company that I do not already have a business relationship with. Or from an anonymous caller either. There is No Law that says I have to answer my phone. Most calls that do not display a Caller ID are either 1) A ROBO Call, 2) An unwanted Sales Call or 3) A SCAM ARTIST. If they had legitimate business with me they would display their Caller ID and/or leave a message. Or find another way to reach me. And every one that I already have business with or anyone in my circle know to leave a message or text me or email me asking me to call them. And they know that I do not leave the ringer on my phone on because of all the SPAM Calls. This phone number has been labeled SCAM ARTIST and blocked with my Call Filter App so any more phone calls from this phone number will go straight to my voicemail. If they want a call back from me they will have to leave a message saying why they are calling and depending on their reason, I might call them back, Until then they can go SCAM someone else because I do not have the time of day for them. I Never answer my door if anyone comes knocking for the same reason with the exception of if someone calls me in advance and makes an appointment or I am expecting a friend.
- (470) 450-4294Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterTrying to give you a loan asks for bank access and tries to deposit a fraudulent check into your bank. Also uses fraudulent phone number as when you catch them they automatically are no longer in service.
- (470) 798-3539Text/SMSText/SMSSame as all the rest. Phishing for bank acct info. also, 470-798-3539
- (470) 809-0851UnknownUnknownNatalie wants to buy my house
Area Codes That Start with 4
- 401Area CodeRhode Island, RI
- 408Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 413Area CodeMassachusetts, MA
- 414Area CodeWisconsin, WI
- 418Area CodeInvalid
- 423Area CodeTennessee, TN
- 425Area CodeWashington, WA
- 435Area CodeUtah, UT
- 437Area CodeInvalid
- 440Area CodeOhio, OH
- 442Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 443Area CodeMaryland, MD
- 475Area CodeConnecticut, CT
- 479Area CodeArkansas, AR
- 480Area CodeArizona, AZ
Major Counties Served by 470 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 470
- % of County
Major Cities Served by 470 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 470
- % of City
- Sandy Springs93,8530%100%
- Johns Creek76,7280%100%
- North Atlanta40,4560%100%
- Peachtree City34,3640%100%
- East Point33,7120%100%
- Union City19,4560%100%
- North Druid Hills18,9470%100%
- Sugar Hill18,5220%100%
- Forest Park18,4680%100%
- North Decatur16,6980%100%
- Lithia Springs15,4910%100%
- Belvedere Park15,1520%100%
- Druid Hills14,5680%100%
- Villa Rica13,9560%100%
- College Park13,9420%100%
- Powder Springs13,9400%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 10%Southern Bell Tel &
- 8%Bandwidthcom Clec
- 7%Peerless Network
- 4%Neutral Tandem-georgia
- 4%Comcast Phone
- 2%Teleport Atlanta
- 2%Us Lec
- 24%Verizon Wireless
- 4%Powertel Atlanta Licenses
- 1%Comcast Phone
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 470 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What Is the Location and Time Zone of Area Code 470?
Are you looking for the time zone and location for Area Code 470? You've come to the right place!Area Code 470 is located in the Eastern Time Zone. The time zone is UTC-5:00.
The location for Area Code 470 is Atlanta, GA.
What Is the Origin of Area Code 470?
Area code 470 was created on July 1, 1998, and it was the first new area code added to the Atlanta metropolitan area since area code 770 was created in 1996. So, what is the origin of area code 470?The 470 area code was created to relieve congestion in the 404 and 678 area codes. The 470 area code includes parts of Cobb, Fulton, and Gwinnett counties.
The 470 area code was originally assigned to serve the Marietta and Smyrna areas, but it has since been expanded to include the entire Atlanta metropolitan area.
There are now more than 380,000 phone numbers in the 470 area code, and the number is growing every day.
If you are looking for more information about the 470 area code, or you need to find a phone number in the 470 area code, be sure to visit the 470 area code website.
What Areas Are Serviced by Code 470?
Are you looking for a plumbing company that can help you with your residential or commercial needs? If so, you may want to consider Code 470. This company offers a wide range of services, including plumbing, heating, and cooling. In addition, Code 470 also offers 24/7 emergency services, so you can always get the help you need, when you need it.One of the best things about Code 470 is that they service a wide area. No matter where you live, you can likely count on this company to be there for you. Some of the areas that Code 470 services include:
If you need a plumbing, heating, or cooling company that can service your home or business, Code 470 is a great choice. This company has a wide range of services, and they service a wide area as well. You can count on Code 470 to be there for you when you need them.
Is Area Code 470 Toll Free of Charge?
Area code 470 is a telephone area code in the North American Numbering Plan (NANP) region of the United States. It is assigned to metropolitan Atlanta, Georgia. The code was created on November 1, 1998, in a breakup of area code 404.The 470 area code includes the northern suburbs of Atlanta, including Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Milton, Roswell, and Sandy Springs. It also includes the northeastern section of Atlanta, including Brookhaven, Chamblee, Dunwoody, and Tucker.
Some people might mistakenly believe that calls made within the 470 area code are toll free. However, this is not the case. Calls within the 470 area code are charged at the same rate as calls made to other area codes in the United States.
How to Spot Scams in Area Code 470？
Area code 470 is one of the newer area codes in the United States. It was created on October 1, 1998, and is located in the Atlanta metropolitan area. Because it is a newer area code, there are a lot of scams that are being perpetrated in 470. Here are some tips on how to spot a scam in 470.One of the most common scams in 470 is the lottery scam. In this scam, the caller tells the victim that they have won a large sum of money in a foreign lottery, and they need to pay taxes or fees in order to collect the prize. Of course, the victim never wins any money, and they end up losing a lot of money in fees and taxes.
Another common scam in 470 is the IRS scam. In this scam, the caller tells the victim that they are from the IRS, and they need to pay taxes immediately or they will be arrested. Again, this is a scam, and the caller is not actually from the IRS.
There are also a lot of scams targeting businesses in 470. One common scam is the fake invoice scam. In this scam, the caller sends the business a fake invoice, and asks them to pay it. Of course, the business never actually receives the invoice, and they end up losing money on the fake invoice.
If you are in 470, be careful of these and other scams. Use these tips to spot a scam, and don't let yourself be scammed.
How Can I Block Unwanted Calls from Area Code 470?
When you get an unwanted call from an area code you don't recognize, it can be frustrating. How can you block calls from area code 470?One way to block calls from area code 470 is to use the National Do Not Call Registry. You can register your phone number on the National Do Not Call Registry online or by phone. Once your number is registered, telemarketers are not allowed to call you.
Another way to block calls from area code 470 is to use a call blocker app. There are many call blocker apps available for free or a nominal fee. These apps allow you to block calls from specific numbers or area codes.
If you receive a call from an area code you don't want, there are several ways to block the call. Try the National Do Not Call Registry or a call blocker app.