503 Area Code (Oregon) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 503 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 12 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Oregon.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 503
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (503) 261-5930Text/SMSText/SMSI have repeatedly asked to be taken off their list.
- (503) 272-6092Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterIdentifies as Dave Anderson and is advising you have won $18.5 mil from PCH
- (503) 272-9856AmyAmyI keep getting calls from this number to home phone and cell phone. They never leave a message. I've block other numbers from this location, and then they try another number, also says from Government Camp Oregon. This is the latest spam number they are calling with. Ugh.
- (503) 436-7151Cannon Beach OrCannon Beach OrGot 2 calls in a row from this number. Blocked.
- (503) 436-7160Cannon BeachCannon BeachWhoever is calling from this number is repeatedly calling and when you pick up the phone, it has the tone of someone trying to send a fax. They have repeatedly called our dental office all morning
- (503) 569-5329SurveySurveyRepeatedly getting hang ups from this number.
- (503) 616-2276Collection AgencyCollection AgencyRequested to be taken off call list at end of message- call hung up with no confirmation of removal.
- (503) 755-4174Text/SMSText/SMSCaller is scamming people.
- (503) 908-4133Amazon Charge Department VerficationAmazon Charge Department Verficationto take over are pc
- (503) 946-5213Prank CallerPrank CallerThis is how I knew the company name.
- (503) 966-8997Text/SMSText/SMSThey text me several times a week saying different things about Snapchat. They lost a link. I've never clicked the link.
- (503) 994-2854SsiSsitold them to f**k off
Area Codes That Start with 5
- 502Area CodeKentucky, KY
- 507Area CodeMinnesota, MN
- 508Area CodeMassachusetts, MA
- 509Area CodeWashington, WA
- 512Area CodeTexas, TX
- 513Area CodeOhio, OH
- 514Area CodeInvalid
- 516Area CodeNew York, NY
- 531Area CodeInvalid
- 559Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 567Area CodeOhio, OH
- 573Area CodeMissouri, MO
- 575Area CodeNew Mexico, NM
- 580Area CodeOklahoma, OK
- 585Area CodeNew York, NY
Major Counties Served by 503 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 503
- % of County
Major Cities Served by 503 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 503
- % of City
- Lake Oswego36,6190%100%
- Oregon City31,8590%100%
- West Linn25,1090%100%
- Forest Grove21,0830%100%
- Oak Grove16,6290%100%
- Four Corners15,9470%100%
- Cedar Mill14,5460%100%
- Happy Valley13,9030%100%
- St. Helens12,8830%100%
- Oak Hills11,3330%100%
- Bull Mountain9,1330%100%
- Cedar Hills8,3000%100%
- West Haven-Sylvan8,0010%100%
- Jennings Lodge7,3150%100%
- Garden Home-Whitford6,6740%100%
- West Slope6,5540%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 28%Qwest Corporation
- 14%Frontier Northwest
- 5%Integra Telecom
- 4%Teleport America
- 3%Mcimetro Access Transmission Services
- 3%Tw Telecom
- 2%Global Crossing Local Services,inc
- 7%Verizon Wireless
- 3%Usa Mobility Wireless
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 503 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What Is the Location and Time Zone of Area Code 503?
Area code 503 is located in the Pacific time zone.
What Is the Origin of Area Code 503?
Area Code 503 is one of the original area codes in the United States. It was created on October 11, 1947, and originally covered the entire state of Oregon. In 1996, it was split, and the new area code 971 was created to serve the Portland metropolitan area. Today, Area Code 503 covers the coast of Oregon from the California border to the Washington border, and includes the cities of Eugene, Salem, and Bend.The roots of Area Code 503 go back to the early days of telephone service. When the Bell System was created in the late 1800s, telephone numbers were assigned based on geography. The first three digits of a telephone number were the area code, and the remaining digits were the telephone number within that area code. This system remained in place until the late 1940s, when the first area codes were created to handle the growing demand for telephone service.
The original Area Code 503 covered the entire state of Oregon. In the early days of telephone service, most people lived in small towns and rural areas, and there was only one phone per town. As more people moved to the cities and started using phones, the need for more area codes arose. In 1996, Area Code 503 was split, and the new Area Code 971 was created to serve the Portland metropolitan area.
Today, Area Code 503 covers a large area of the coast of Oregon. It includes the cities of Eugene, Salem, and Bend, as well as the rural areas in between. If you need to call someone in Oregon, you should always use the area code, even if you are dialing within the same town.
What Areas Are Serviced by Code 503?
Code 503 is a service that many people may not be aware of. It is a service that covers many different areas, and it is important to know what those areas are. This service can be used for many different purposes, and it is important to understand what it can do for you.
Is Area Code 503 Toll Free of Charge?
Are you wondering if area code 503 is toll free? The answer is yes – all calls within this area code are toll free. This makes it a convenient option for those living in or near Portland, Oregon. Keep this in mind when making long-distance calls, and be sure to tell others about this easy-to-remember toll free area code!
How to Spot Scams in Area Code 503？
Area code 503 is one of the largest area codes in the United States. Covering the northwestern part of Oregon, it is home to more than 3.5 million people. Unfortunately, this also makes it a haven for scammers.Here are a few tips to help you spot scams in area code 503:
1. Be suspicious of unsolicited calls or emails.
If you get a call or email from someone you don't know, be suspicious. Don't give out any personal information, and don't click on any links or open any attachments.
2. Be wary of high-pressure sales tactics.
If someone is trying to pressure you into making a decision, it's probably a scam. Be especially wary of offers that seem too good to be true.
3. Check the caller ID.
If the caller ID says something other than the name of the company or person you're expecting to hear from, it's probably a scam.
4. Do your research.
If you're not sure whether a deal is too good to be true, do some research online. There are plenty of resources available to help you spot scams.
5. Report any suspicious activity.
If you think you've been scammed, report it to the authorities. They can help you take action to protect yourself and other people.
How Can I Block Unwanted Calls from Area Code 503?
Do you constantly get calls from area code 503 and don't know how to stop them? Here are a few tips that can help you block unwanted calls from this area code.The first thing you can do is add 503 to your list of blocked callers. This will prevent any calls from this area code from getting through.
If you're using a landline, you can also use a call blocker to block calls from this area code. This device will automatically block any calls from 503 and will save you from having to deal with them.
Finally, you can also ask your phone provider to block calls from this area code for you. They may be able to add 503 to a list of blocked numbers, which will prevent any calls from this area code from coming through.
No matter which method you choose, be sure to test it out to make sure it's working properly. You don't want to miss any important calls because your call blocker is blocking them.