504 Area Code (Louisiana) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 504 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 16 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Louisiana.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 504
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (504) 203-5093TelemarketerTelemarketeryes
- (504) 206-3136Verizon Finical ServicesVerizon Finical ServicesHe keep calling me my phone everyday!! He need stop calling me thanks.
- (504) 272-2863HomeHomeThis number comes up as United Health Care. I have several numbers with the same listing. I never answer but it is really becoming a pain. I have all the numbers blocked but i still get the ring until the block kicks in. I am too old (75) for this foolishness.
- (504) 273-4507(Not Listed, Only The Phone #)(Not Listed, Only The Phone #)this person calls constantly and no response on the line It starts at 8:00 AM and continues all day
- (504) 285-3885Scammer/FraudsterScammer/Fraudsteramazon fraud call. this is 10th call in last 2 months.
- (504) 302-3405Text/SMSText/SMSsent me a text that I won a $1000 giftcard from target. Had a verification code.
- (504) 405-3107OschnerOschnerTrying to get payment which I did not have
- (504) 434-3334Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterIf you try to call it back, it's not a working number.
- (504) 613-4303If we pick up on it, it starts out starting as a recording and then a person attempts to talk, but sounds disoriented and we hang up immediately.
- (504) 648-5600Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterSomeone keeps calling me from this number
- (504) 667-5103recording offers air duct cleaning
- (504) 667-5636UnknownUnknownAnnoying
- (504) 684-2865Debt CollectorDebt CollectorAnyone get a call from this person they are debt collector and have no respect as they've called me over 5 times starting in the early am if I were you just block the number
- (504) 699-8126Debt CollectorDebt CollectorFake debt collector calling saying they are serving me papers. I have no debt.
- (504) 754-6301Prison/Jail Collect CallPrison/Jail Collect CallIt is a recording and in the recording it gives a different call back number.
- (504) 842-9780Prank CallerPrank CallerI've just gotten a smart phone through verizon and in the last 3 days have been getting calls from several #'s that are spam calls.
Area Codes That Start with 5
- 501Area CodeArkansas, AR
- 505Area CodeNew Mexico, NM
- 507Area CodeMinnesota, MN
- 512Area CodeTexas, TX
- 514Area CodeInvalid
- 515Area CodeIowa, IA
- 520Area CodeArizona, AZ
- 530Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 531Area CodeInvalid
- 539Area CodeOklahoma, OK
- 540Area CodeVirginia, VA
- 541Area CodeOregon, OR
- 563Area CodeIowa, IA
- 573Area CodeMissouri, MO
- 587Area CodeInvalid
Major Counties Served by 504 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 504
- % of County
- St. Bernard35,89744%81%
Major Cities Served by 504 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 504
- % of City
- New Orleans343,8299%100%
- River Ridge13,4940%100%
- Belle Chasse12,6791%100%
- St. Rose8,1220%97%
- Bridge City7,7060%100%
- Jean Lafitte1,9030%100%
- Pointe a la Hache1870%31%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 44%South Central Bell
- 2%Cox Cable New Orleans
- 1%Tw Telecom
- 1%Level 3
- 8%Verizon Wireless
- 6%Usa Mobility Wireless
- 3%Voicestream Gsm I
- 1%Metro PCS
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 504 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What is Area Code 504 and Where is It Coming From?
Area code 504 is one of the original area codes established in 1947. It served the entire state of Louisiana until 1994, when area code 318 was split off to serve the northern part of the state. Today, area code 504 serves the city of New Orleans and the surrounding suburbs.The 504 area code is coming under increasing pressure as the New Orleans metropolitan area continues to grow. In order to relieve some of that pressure, the New Orleans City Council has voted to approve an overlay for the 504 area code. This means that a new area code, 853, will be activated in the near future to serve portions of the 504 area code.
The 853 area code will serve portions of Jefferson, Orleans, Plaquemines, and St. Bernard Parishes. It will also include the city of Gretna, which is currently part of the 504 area code. If you are in an area slated to be part of the 853 area code, you will need to start using the new area code when your phone number is ported to a carrier that supports it.
What Time Zone Is Area Code 504?
504 area code is in the Central time zone. The time in this zone is based on the UTC-06:00 time standard. That means the time is 6 hours behind Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). For example, when it is noon in New York (EST), it is 6:00 PM in Central time.
Are Calls from Area Code 504 a Scam?
Are Calls from Area Code 504 a Scam?There has been a lot of talk lately about telemarketing calls from area code 504. Some people are convinced that these calls are scams, while others believe that they are simply marketing calls from legitimate businesses. So, what's the truth? Are calls from 504 a scam, or are they just marketing calls?
To answer this question, it's important to first understand what area code 504 is. Area code 504 is the area code for New Orleans, Louisiana. This area code is often used for telemarketing calls, as it is a large metropolitan area with a lot of potential customers.
That being said, there are a number of scams that use area code 504. For example, one scam that is often run through area code 504 is the "grandparent scam." In this scam, the scammer calls a victim and pretends to be their grandchild. They then ask the victim to send them money, usually for an emergency.
Another scam that often uses area code 504 is the "IRS scam." In this scam, the scammer calls the victim and tells them that they owe money to the IRS. They then ask the victim to send them money to pay off their "debt."
While there are a number of scams that use area code 504, this does not mean that all calls from this area code are scams. There are also a number of legitimate businesses that use this area code for their marketing calls. So, before you decide that all calls from 504 are scams, it's important to do your research.
So, are calls from 504 a scam? The answer is, it depends. If you receive a call from 504 and you're not sure if it's a scam, it's best to hang up and do some research. If you're sure that the call is a scam, you can report it to the FTC.
What Area Does Code 504 Serve?
The 504 Plan is a Federal civil rights law that prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities. The law requires public schools to provide a free and appropriate public education to all students with disabilities. Schools must create a 504 Plan for any student who needs specialized assistance to access education.The 504 Plan is a individualized education program that provides specific accommodations and support services to students with disabilities. The plan can be created for students with any type of disability, including physical and mental disabilities, learning disabilities, and hearing and vision impairments.
The 504 Plan typically includes accommodations such as extended time for tests, permission to bring a service animal to school, and modifications to the curriculum. Schools must provide these accommodations to students who need them in order to participate in the educational program.
The 504 Plan is an important tool for students with disabilities. It ensures that they have access to the same education as their peers, and it helps them to succeed in school. If you have a child with a disability, it is important to know your rights and to ask for the accommodations your child needs.
Is Area Code 504 Toll Free?
Yes, area code 504 is a toll-free area code. You can call anyone in the 504 area code for free, as long as the person you are calling also has a toll-free area code. There are a few restrictions to this rule, however. For example, you cannot call toll-free numbers from a hotel room or other location that charges for calls. You can also only make toll-free calls to the United States and Canada. If you want to call someone in a different country, you'll have to use your regular cell phone minutes or Skype.
How to Block Calls from Area Code 504?
Did you get a call from 504? Are you wondering how to block calls from area code 504? There are a few ways to do this, and we'll show you how.The first way is to use your phone's built-in blocking feature. This feature is usually found in the settings menu. To access it, open your phone's menu and look for a section called "call settings" or "phone settings." Within this section, you should find an option for blocking calls.
If your phone doesn't have a built-in blocking feature, you can download a blocking app. There are many apps available, and most of them are free. Just do a quick search in your app store, and you should be able to find one that meets your needs.
Another option is to use your phone's contact list. If you have a contact in your list who is from area code 504, you can block their calls by adding them to your blocked contacts list. This is a quick and easy way to block calls from a specific area code.
Finally, you can also try to answer your phone and immediately hang up. This will often send the caller straight to voicemail.
No matter which method you choose, it's important to stay safe and protect yourself from scams and unwanted calls.