505 Area Code (New Mexico) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 505 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 18 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of New Mexico.
New Mexico, NM
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 505
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (505) 200-4000LowesLowesWas not able to figure out if this was a man or woman. There was an accent. The purpose of the call was to inform me that the electric cooktop was coming the following Monday. Told the person on the end of the line that I did not order a cookstove. Person wanted me to confirm my address. Told the person to tell me what address they had. They wouldn't and informed me that they would put notes into my account. I looked into my account online and there is nothing showing an order.
- (505) 214-8410Comenity Bank?Comenity Bank?It's a middle eastern accented man and he says he's calling about a delinquent account with Academy Sports, only we don't have an account with Academy. When I said so, he asked for the last four of the SSN to verify the account...which I'm not giving out.
- (505) 253-0585Comenity Bank ScamComenity Bank ScamHave received numerous calls from this number. I tried answering one time and heard children in background, since then I do not answer, hang up and delete call. Someone calling from Mexico..
- (505) 253-0591Comenity BankComenity BankI have received two calls from Albuqerque, MN explaining over $100 in late fees for an item I made arrangements with Community to pay for the item in full. The phone service representative said that because I paid in full it was already a late payment and since I no longer had any business to do with them I never had any notice about any late fee and it appears that the fees being requested are late fees for late fees. I am currently on hold since I was explaining as best I could and the representative said she would transfer me to another person so I am waiting now and if I do end up hearing from someone I will request having these non-understood late fees waived completely. This is just weird. I have a feeling based on what I'm reading is that this associated number is using Comenity customer information to collect funds. I will update as I am able and recommend anyone receiving calls from this number especially after having paid for their purchase in full to not call back.
- (505) 277-9866UNM Emergency ServicesUNM Emergency ServicesThey know my first name only. Supposedly want my help getting "power of attorney" for someone I never heard of. Called at 11:32 AM, 9:29 PM and 1:32 AM
- (505) 302-9781Albuquerque NmAlbuquerque NmReceived and try to call back
- (505) 314-9276HumanaHumanai ask for her name so she hangap
- (505) 316-7288Scammer/FraudsterScammer/Fraudsterget at least 3 calls per day. number is identified as being a call from Santa Fe, NM. Initial greeting is recorded message with female voice and an American accent, second voice is male with a heavy Indian or Pakistani accent,they hang up if you ask them who is calling.
- (505) 444-7844AlmochkaAlmochkaTried to pull the craigslist scam where they try to take control of your bank account and phone via a google verification code. Threatened to come by my house after I called out the scam.
- (505) 484-6122PortfoliorecovPortfoliorecovI have gotten multiple calls from this number with only 1 voicemail, spanned across several days. On the 1 voicemail I have received a message saying "please visit us at praway.com" and call us at (877)803-0025. I am not in the possession of any portfolios at the moment, so I am thinking spam. Stay safe out there.
- (505) 560-2263UnknownUnknownSends a text with the message hey <your name here> when you try and call them back there is no answer some type of spammer or call center
- (505) 560-2806Text/SMSText/SMSDon't know if this is sane company
- (505) 596-9453Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterConstantly calling
- (505) 670-4006Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterSomething needs to be done with these scammers wasting our time and money.
- (505) 715-5958Research FirmResearch FirmRepublicans want my money after calling me back-to-back at 8:47 PM. Left a hangup message both times.
- (505) 842-5662Saul Goodman (F/K/A James McGill)Saul Goodman (F/K/A James McGill)Said he was returning my phone call because the message he received said it was urgent that I was Breaking Bad and he was told by a fellow inmate that he Better Call Saul.
- (505) 933-8588UnknownUnknownSomeone calls fron this number but they don't say anything. I'm going to block the number but would like to know who that number belongs to. Thank you.
- (505) 998-3793Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterGot a text saying I had 60 in fees and my account would be shut down. I checked my account, no fees pretty sure this is a scam
Area Codes That Start with 5
- 508Area CodeMassachusetts, MA
- 512Area CodeTexas, TX
- 513Area CodeOhio, OH
- 517Area CodeMichigan, MI
- 518Area CodeNew York, NY
- 541Area CodeOregon, OR
- 551Area CodeNew Jersey, NJ
- 559Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 562Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 567Area CodeOhio, OH
- 571Area CodeVirginia, VA
- 574Area CodeIndiana, IN
- 575Area CodeNew Mexico, NM
- 580Area CodeOklahoma, OK
- 587Area CodeInvalid
Major Counties Served by 505 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 505
- % of County
- Santa Fe144,1708%100%
- San Juan130,04422%100%
- Los Alamos17,9500%87%
- San Miguel29,3938%42%
- Rio Arriba40,2463%12%
Major Cities Served by 505 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 505
- % of City
- Rio Rancho87,5210%100%
- Santa Fe67,9470%100%
- South Valley40,9760%100%
- Los Lunas14,8350%100%
- Las Vegas13,7530%100%
- Los Alamos12,0190%100%
- North Valley11,3330%100%
- Zuni Pueblo6,3020%100%
- Eldorado at Santa Fe6,1300%100%
- Los Ranchos de Albuquerque6,0240%100%
- Lee Acres5,8580%100%
- White Rock5,7250%100%
- Los Chaves5,4460%100%
- Rio Communities4,7230%100%
- Meadow Lake4,7080%100%
- El Cerro Mission4,6570%100%
- Paradise Hills4,2560%100%
- Bosque Farms3,9040%100%
- La Cienega3,8190%100%
- Sandia Heights3,1930%100%
- El Cerro2,9530%100%
- Agua Fria2,8000%100%
- West Hammond2,7900%100%
- Santo Domingo Pueblo2,4560%100%
- San Felipe Pueblo2,4040%100%
- Flora Vista2,1910%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 36%Qwest Corporation
- 3%Tw Telecom
- 3%Navajo Comm Nm
- 2%Level 3
- 2%Windstream Comm Sw
- 2%Zayo Group
- 1%Bandwidthcom Clec
- 14%Verizon Wireless
- 3%Cricket Comm
- 2%Usa Mobility Wireless
- 2%Cellular One Of Ne Arizona
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 505 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What Is the Location and Time Zone of Area Code 505?
Do you know what the location and time zone of Area Code 505 is? If not, don't worry, because you're about to find out!Area Code 505 is located in the Mountain Time Zone, which is seven hours behind Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
What Is the Origin of Area Code 505?
Area code 505 is one of the original 86 area codes created by AT&T and Bell Labs in 1947. It originally served the entire state of New Mexico. However, over the years, 505 has been split into several different area codes.Today, area code 505 serves the central and western portions of New Mexico, including the cities of Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Las Cruces. It also serves a small portion of southeastern Colorado.
The origin of area code 505 is a bit of a mystery. There is no definitive answer to this question. However, there are several theories about how 505 got its name.
One theory is that 505 was named after the New Mexico statehood referendum of 1912. The referendum was held on November 5, 1912, and it was the fifth statehood referendum held in the United States.
Another theory is that 505 was named after the New Mexico territory. The New Mexico territory was established on January 6, 1850, and it was the fifth organized territory in the United States.
Whatever the origin of area code 505 may be, one thing is for sure: it's one of the oldest area codes in the country. If you're ever in the 505 area code region, be sure to snap a picture of the area code sign and post it on social media!
What Areas Are Serviced by Code 505?
In addition to the full-time coding bootcamp, Code 505 also offers a part-time bootcamp and an online bootcamp. The part-time bootcamp is 24 weeks long and is offered in both Phoenix and Dallas-Fort Worth. The online bootcamp is 12 weeks long and is offered worldwide.
So, if you're looking for a coding bootcamp that focuses on Ruby on Rails, Code 505 is a great option. And, if you're not able to attend a full-time bootcamp, Code 505 offers a part-time and online option.
Is Area Code 505 Toll Free of Charge?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on your individual phone carrier and plan. Some people who call area code 505 may be subject to toll charges, while others may not. To be on the safe side, it is best to check with your phone carrier to find out if calls to 505 are subject to toll charges.
How to Spot Scams in Area Code 505？
Area code 505 is located in the state of New Mexico and is home to over 1 million people. While the area is known for its scenic beauty and strong economy, it is also a hot spot for scammers. Here are a few tips on how to spot a scammer in area code 505.First, be suspicious of anyone who asks for money upfront. Legitimate businesses will not ask for money before providing services, so if someone requests payment before providing a service, it is likely a scam.
Second, be wary of anyone who guarantees a result. No one can guarantee a specific outcome, so if someone makes such a claim, it is likely a scam.
Third, be careful of anyone who seems too good to be true. Often, scammers will try to reel people in with promises of big profits or easy money. If something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Fourth, be suspicious of unsolicited calls or emails. Scammers often make unsolicited calls or send unsolicited emails in an attempt to trick people into giving away personal information or money.
Finally, always do your research. If you are unsure about a business or person, do some online research to see if there are any complaints or warnings. By taking the time to do your research, you can avoid being scammed.
How Can I Block Unwanted Calls from Area Code 505?
Area code 505 is home to a lot of unwanted calls. If you're getting calls from telemarketers, scammers, or other unknown callers, you may want to consider blocking them. Here are a few ways you can block calls from area code 505: 1. Use a call blocker app. There are a lot of call blocker apps available for Android and iOS devices. Some popular call blocker apps include Call Blocker, Truecaller, and Mr. Number. These apps allow you to block calls and texts from specific numbers, and some even let you report spam calls.
2. Use your phone's built-in features. Most phones have a built-in call blocker feature. To access it, open your phone's Settings menu and look for the Call Blocking or Do Not Disturb settings. You can then add the phone numbers you want to block.
3. Contact your phone carrier. If you're having trouble blocking calls from a specific number, you can contact your phone carrier and ask them to add the number to their blocked list.