508 Area Code (Massachusetts) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 508 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 16 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Massachusetts.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 508
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (508) 214-1465SurveySurveySeeing we all a all electric home, it is very annoying
- (508) 214-1551+1 (508) 214-6279+1 (508) 214-6279Calls 2x a day. I know it's not a real person or company
- (508) 231-4333Political callPolitical callSomeone called asking for someone who never lived here. Then they called again and asked for my neighbor. And just now, they asked to speak with someone I know from work. What�s going on?
- (508) 379-4854Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterScam/Fraud/Harassment. Dropped Scam/Fraud/Harassment probing call; person, not a recording. CID: Swansea MA
- (508) 392-6291Prank CallerPrank Callersounded like a computer calling
- (508) 409-6874ComcastComcastHave rec'd multiple unsolicited calls at all times of day and night.
- (508) 433-0609Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterThey call everyday. You get sent to all these menu choices. Then asked if you want to be removed from their call registry. Don't do it!!! They are harassing me EVERYDAY!!! And there is no live person!!! F**k these scamming a******s!!!!
- (508) 436-4984AndrewAndrewAndrew called me and was very rude and condescending and accusatory. This person is unprofessional his harassment tactics are a clear indication that he is a bully with serious issues
- (508) 441-3367Verizon WirelessVerizon WirelessAsked if we were talking (was a brief blank) to press 1 or if not press 2. The caller said that they needed to talk about changes being made to account, the items needed are Verizon bill and other accounts to that person to have on hand, then call this number back. It's a scam because we have the account Pais on time and up-to-date. Also calls my home phone which is not through Verizon. So I know it's a scam.....
- (508) 475-0450Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterKeeps calling it's a scam
- (508) 766-3472Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterIS THIS A SCAM ?????????????? CALL (SECOND ONE) TO REDUCE BILL IN HALF AND GIVE ME HBO AND SHOWTIME FOR 3 YEARS
- (508) 812-7346UnknownUnknownnumerous calls with Swansea 508-812- as soon as you block one number they call from another.
- (508) 905-8213Scammer/FraudsterScammer/Fraudsterlooking for s*x, redhead picture
- (508) 936-5465Financial Release CenterFinancial Release CenterBlackmailing me for money
- (508) 970-3358Power HomePower HomeI get calls EVERYDAY from this number, they never leave a message, very irritating!! They just called again and I answered and they hung up. Can't they be flagged for harrassment??
- (508) 988-3500Lifeline/Assured Home HealthLifeline/Assured Home HealthThis number is calling an ADT emergency line for life line insurance. not only is it annoying and tedious. It keeps the line busy for callers with medical, fire, and police emergencies.
Area Codes That Start with 5
- 503Area CodeOregon, OR
- 504Area CodeLouisiana, LA
- 506Area CodeInvalid
- 509Area CodeWashington, WA
- 514Area CodeInvalid
- 515Area CodeIowa, IA
- 519Area CodeInvalid
- 530Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 534Area CodeWisconsin, WI
- 541Area CodeOregon, OR
- 559Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 562Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 574Area CodeIndiana, IN
- 580Area CodeOklahoma, OK
- 586Area CodeMichigan, MI
Major Counties Served by 508 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 508
- % of County
Major Cities Served by 508 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 508
- % of City
- New Bedford95,0721%100%
- Fall River88,8571%100%
- Barnstable Town45,1932%100%
- Franklin Town31,6351%100%
- Southbridge Town16,7191%100%
- South Yarmouth11,0920%100%
- Mansfield Center7,3600%100%
- Middleborough Center7,3190%100%
- East Falmouth6,0380%100%
- West Yarmouth6,0120%100%
- Yarmouth Port5,3200%100%
- Bliss Corner5,2800%100%
- East Harwich4,8720%100%
- Smith Mills4,7600%100%
- North Westport4,5710%100%
- Raynham Center4,1000%100%
- East Sandwich3,9400%100%
- Northwest Harwich3,9290%100%
- Buzzards Bay3,8590%100%
- South Dennis3,6430%100%
- North Plymouth3,6000%100%
- Dennis Port3,1620%100%
- North Falmouth3,0840%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 39%Verizon New England
- 4%Teleport America
- 3%Level 3
- 3%Comcast Phone
- 5%Verizon New England
- 5%Verizon Wireless
- 1%Omnipoint Miami E License
- 1%Nextwave Wireless
- 1%Metro PCS
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 508 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What Is the Location and Time Zone of Area Code 508?
Map of area code 508.There are five states in the US that share the same area code: Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, and Vermont. Area code 508 is located in the eastern part of Massachusetts and includes the following counties: Barnstable, Bristol, Dukes, Essex, Middlesex, Nantucket, Norfolk, Plymouth, and Suffolk.
The time zone for area code 508 is Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
What Is the Origin of Area Code 508?
Area code 508 is one of the original area codes established in 1947. It served Massachusetts until 1988, when it was split to create area code 617. 508 was reinstated in 1997, when it was split to create area code 978.The area code got its start in 1947, when it was one of the original area codes established in the country. It served Massachusetts until 1988, when it was split to create area code 617. 508 was reinstated in 1997, when it was split to create area code 978.
Today, area code 508 covers the western end of Massachusetts, including the cities of Worcester, Fitchburg, and Northampton. It also includes the island of Nantucket.
What Areas Are Serviced by Code 508?
Are you looking for a Code 508 accessible website? If so, you've come to the right place! Code 508 covers website accessibility for people with disabilities. This includes everything from making sure your website can be navigated easily by those who use a screen reader, to ensuring that all your content is accessible.At Code 508, we understand the importance of website accessibility. That's why we offer a range of services to help make your website more accessible for everyone. We offer design, development, and consultation services, so you can be sure your website is fully compliant with Code 508.
No matter what your needs, Code 508 can help. We service a wide range of businesses and organizations, from small businesses to large corporations. We also work with a wide range of website platforms, including WordPress, Shopify, and Joomla.
If you're ready to make your website more accessible, contact Code 508 today! We'd be happy to help you get started on making your website more inclusive for everyone.
Is Area Code 508 Toll Free of Charge?
Do you know if area code 508 is toll free? If you're not sure, you're not alone – a lot of people don't know this information. In this blog post, we'll answer the question of whether or not 508 is toll free, as well as provide some additional information about the area code.508 is a Massachusetts area code, and as of this writing, it is not toll free. This means that if you call someone in the 508 area code, you will be charged for the call. Keep in mind, however, that this may change in the future – it's always best to check with your service provider to be sure.
There are a few things to keep in mind if you're calling someone in the 508 area code. First, make sure you have the correct area code and phone number – if you don't, you could end up connecting with the wrong person. Additionally, if you're calling someone long distance, you may be charged a higher rate than if you were calling a local number.
If you're looking for a toll-free alternative to the 508 area code, there are a few options. First, consider using an area code overlay – this is a toll-free area code that can be used to reach someone in another area code. There are a number of overlay codes available, so be sure to check with your service provider to see if one is available in your area.
Another option is to use a toll-free long distance service. This service allows you to make toll-free calls to anyone in the United States, Canada, and a number of other countries. This can be a great option if you frequently make long distance calls, or if you need to call someone in a different area code.
In the end, the best way to determine whether or not 508 is toll free is to check with your service provider. They should be able to tell you whether or not there are any additional charges for calling someone in the 508 area code. Thanks for reading!
How to Spot Scams in Area Code 508？
If you're living in area code 508, then you should be aware of the many scams that are targeting residents in this area. From fake IRS calls to utility scams, there are a lot of scams that you need to watch out for.One of the most common scams in this area is the utility scam. In this scam, the scammer will call you and say that your power or water will be turned off unless you pay them immediately. They may even try to get you to pay with a pre-paid debit card.
Another common scam in this area is the IRS scam. In this scam, the scammer will call you and say that you owe money to the IRS. They may even try to get you to pay with a pre-paid debit card.
If you're living in area code 508, then you need to be aware of these scams and watch out for them. If you receive a call from someone claiming to be from the IRS or from your utility company, be sure to verify the call before you take any action.
How Can I Block Unwanted Calls from Area Code 508?
There are a few ways that you can block unwanted calls from area code 508. You can use the National Do Not Call Registry to block telemarketing calls, or you can use a call blocker app to screen calls and blacklist numbers.