509 Area Code (Washington) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 509 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 9 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Washington.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 509
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (509) 204-4417Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterFrequently annoying and it kills the baby from sleeping, why can they just stop!
- (509) 215-4941Davenport Is AllDavenport Is AllIt says it's a cell number. No one responded to the text.
- (509) 240-1500Prison/Jail Collect CallPrison/Jail Collect CallI was hung up on today by customer service when I tried to request to be taken off the auto-dial call list.
- (509) 524-8937Text/SMSText/SMSPerson said they knew me.
- (509) 566-4707Prison/Jail Collect CallPrison/Jail Collect Callthe call starts out asking if you are at home because they want to deliver a medical alert system that either you or a loved one or a friend has ordered.
- (509) 624-2260Collection AgencyCollection Agencythey called but left no message
- (509) 838-7633UnknownUnknownHello. And Bye.
- (509) 844-0087Global Tel LinkGlobal Tel LinkMost of the message was in Spanish, what a bunch of c**p.
- (509) 878-3591Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterComputer generated message saying they are the IRS and going to pursue legal action and ask that I call 509-878-3591. I received this call a total of 3 times today before noon!
Area Codes That Start with 5
- 502Area CodeKentucky, KY
- 506Area CodeInvalid
- 507Area CodeMinnesota, MN
- 508Area CodeMassachusetts, MA
- 512Area CodeTexas, TX
- 513Area CodeOhio, OH
- 517Area CodeMichigan, MI
- 518Area CodeNew York, NY
- 534Area CodeWisconsin, WI
- 563Area CodeIowa, IA
- 570Area CodePennsylvania, PA
- 571Area CodeVirginia, VA
- 573Area CodeMissouri, MO
- 575Area CodeNew Mexico, NM
- 580Area CodeOklahoma, OK
Major Counties Served by 509 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 509
- % of County
- Walla Walla58,7813%100%
- Pend Oreille13,0013%100%
Major Cities Served by 509 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 509
- % of City
- Spokane Valley89,7550%100%
- Walla Walla31,7310%100%
- Moses Lake20,3660%100%
- East Wenatchee13,1900%100%
- West Richland11,8110%100%
- College Place8,7650%100%
- Liberty Lake7,5910%100%
- Terrace Heights6,9370%100%
- Clarkston Heights-Vineland6,3260%100%
- Otis Orchards-East Farms6,2200%100%
- Airway Heights6,1140%100%
- Union Gap6,0470%100%
- Country Homes5,8410%100%
- West Clarkston-Highland5,2610%100%
- Medical Lake5,0600%100%
- Town and Country4,8570%100%
- Moses Lake North4,4180%100%
- West Pasco3,7390%100%
- Deer Park3,6520%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 21%Qwest Corporation
- 11%Frontier Northwest
- 7%360networks (usa)
- 5%Level 3
- 2%Ellensburg Telephone
- 6%Verizon Wireless
- 3%United States Cellular -
- 1%Cricket Comm
- 1%Eastern Sub-rsa Limited Partnership
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 509 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What is Area Code 509 and Where is It Coming From?
Area code 509 is one of the original area codes established in California in October 1947. It is a relatively small area code, covering just over 5,000 square miles in the central part of the state. The area code is split between the Fresno and Spokane metropolitan areas.The area code is coming up for renewal in 2019, and there is some discussion about expanding the area code to include more of the Spokane metro area. However, there is also discussion about splitting the area code in two, with the Fresno area keeping 509 and the Spokane area getting a new area code.
Whatever happens, area code 509 is definitely staying in California. This area code is an important part of the state's history and will continue to be in use for many years to come.
What Time Zone Is Area Code 509?
509 is the area code for the state of Washington. If you're looking for the time zone for this area code, it is Pacific Standard Time.
Are Calls from Area Code 509 a Scam?
Are calls from area code 509 a scam?Area code 509 is assigned to the state of Washington. Calls from this area code may or may not be a scam.
There are a number of reasons why a call from area code 509 might be a scam. For example, the caller could be a telemarketer trying to sell you a product or service you don't want or need. They may also be a scammer trying to get your personal information, such as your credit card number or Social Security number.
You should always be cautious when answering calls from unfamiliar area codes, and never give out your personal information to someone you don't know. If you're not sure whether a call is legitimate, you can always hang up and call the number back yourself to see if it's legitimate.
What Area Does Code 509 Serve?
The 509 area code serves the entire state of Washington. This means that if you live in Washington, you would need to dial 509 to call someone in your area. While this can be convenient for people who live in the same state, it can also be confusing for people who are visiting or have moved to Washington from another state.The good news is that all of Washington is covered by the 509 area code, which means that no matter where you are in the state, you can dial 509 and reach someone. This includes the major metropolitan areas of Seattle, Spokane, Tacoma, and Yakima, as well as the smaller towns and rural areas.
If you are visiting Washington or have just moved to the state, be sure to familiarize yourself with the 509 area code. This will help ensure that you can contact the people you need to without any confusion.
Is Area Code 509 Toll Free?
Area code 509 is a toll-free area code covering eastern Washington, the northern Idaho Panhandle, and a small portion of Montana. This region includes the cities of Spokane, Washington; Coeur d'Alene, Idaho; and Missoula, Montana.The 509 area code was created on October 7, 1996, as a split from area code 206. Overlays were added to the 509 area code on November 1, 1999, and on October 8, 2000. The 509 area code is the only area code in the United States to have an overlay on an overlay.
How to Block Calls from Area Code 509?
There are several ways to block calls from a certain area code. You can use your phone's built-in call blocker, or you can download an app to do it for you.If you have an iPhone, you can use the built-in call blocker to blacklist phone numbers. To do this, open the Settings app and tap Phone. Scroll down and tap Call Blocking & Identification. Tap Add New and enter the phone number you want to block.
If you have an Android phone, you can use the Call Blocker app to blacklist phone numbers. To do this, open the Play Store and search for "Call Blocker." Install the app and open it. Tap the three dots in the top corner and tap Block List. Tap the plus sign and enter the phone number you want to block.
If you don't have an iPhone or Android phone, you can use a third-party app to blacklist phone numbers. One of the most popular apps is Call Blocker. To use it, open the App Store or Google Play Store and search for "Call Blocker." Install the app and open it. Tap the three dots in the top corner and tap Blocked Numbers. Tap the plus sign and enter the phone number you want to block.