515 Area Code (Iowa) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 515 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 13 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Iowa.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 515
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (515) 200-1294Prank CallerPrank CallerI hit the button to talk with a live operator.
- (515) 207-3384Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterKeeps sending me texts
- (515) 288-0276LifeServe Blood CenterLifeServe Blood CenterLifeServe makes repeated calls from this number and others. I have asked them to remove me from their list but they refused, saying they would begin calling me again in a year. Now that their number is blocked, they fill up my voicemail with their messages.
- (515) 306-9520Just Indicates AT&T Caller.Just Indicates AT&T Caller.Have received multiple calls from this number. I want to be removed from caller list immediately.
- (515) 323-1900TelemarketerTelemarketerNot sure who this is but i do not know the number and they never leave a message, it screws up my voicemail
- (515) 337-1700Thomas WestThomas WestThis person identify himself as Officer Pedro Martinez from Mexico. He wanted me to purchase his phone and pay him in advance. FBI open up!
- (515) 361-3778Man With Heavy AccentMan With Heavy AccentIve asked them repeatedly to stop calling me.
- (515) 378-2001Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterHarassing calls everday. Multiple times a day.
- (515) 599-3133Mike MoneyMike MoneyGoogle voice number
- (515) 599-5044Midwest BathMidwest BathI told them I was going on vacation to see my adult son states away. They promised not to call for 2 weeks about having my bath redone. They called multiple times a day every day until I blocked them. When I returned home, I called them and told them because of this, I chose not to do business with them and would choose another company.
- (515) 608-7506Area Code 515, Iowa..?Area Code 515, Iowa..?scam pharmacy, claims to be Canadian, doesn't sound like someone who learned to speak English in North America.
- (515) 608-8020IntoxalockIntoxalockThey won't stop calling even thought I have no idea what they're saying. I don't have intoxalock and would like them to stop calling and leaving a voicemail
- (515) 996-4344UnknownUnknownUnsolicited calls at evenibg hours. Sure wish. fcc would stop these annoying calls.
Area Codes That Start with 5
- 501Area CodeArkansas, AR
- 505Area CodeNew Mexico, NM
- 508Area CodeMassachusetts, MA
- 514Area CodeInvalid
- 516Area CodeNew York, NY
- 517Area CodeMichigan, MI
- 520Area CodeArizona, AZ
- 551Area CodeNew Jersey, NJ
- 559Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 563Area CodeIowa, IA
- 570Area CodePennsylvania, PA
- 575Area CodeNew Mexico, NM
- 585Area CodeNew York, NY
- 586Area CodeMichigan, MI
- 587Area CodeInvalid
Major Counties Served by 515 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 515
- % of County
- Palo Alto9,4211%13%
Major Cities Served by 515 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 515
- % of City
- Des Moines203,4331%100%
- West Des Moines56,6091%100%
- Fort Dodge25,2060%100%
- Pleasant Hill8,7850%100%
- Webster City8,0700%100%
- Windsor Heights4,8600%100%
- Eagle Grove3,5830%100%
- Story City3,4310%100%
- Polk City3,4180%100%
- Prairie City1,6800%100%
- Dallas Center1,6230%100%
- Jewell Junction1,2150%100%
- De Soto1,0500%100%
- Van Meter1,0160%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 35%Qwest Corporation
- 5%Mcc Telephony
- 4%Webster - Calhoun Cooperative Telephone Assn
- 4%Windstream Iowa - North
- 1%Goldfield Access Network, LC
- 9%Verizon Wireless
- 7%United States Cellular -
- 1%Iowa Wireless Services
- 1%Long Lines Wireless
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 515 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What is Area Code 515 and Where is It Coming From?
Area code 515 is the area code for the state of Iowa in the United States. It was created on October 11, 1996, and originally covered the entire state of Iowa. However, due to increasing population and the need for more phone numbers, area code 515 was split on November 1, 1998. The western portion of the state retained area code 515, while the eastern portion of the state was assigned area code 319. The 515 area code is still in use in the western portion of Iowa, including the cities of Des Moines, Ames, and Cedar Rapids. If you're looking to call someone in Iowa, make sure you dial the area code first.
What Time Zone Is Area Code 515?
515 is the area code for central Iowa, which is in the US Central Time Zone. This means that the time in 515 is the same as the time in Chicago, IL and Dallas, TX.
Are Calls from Area Code 515 a Scam?
Area code 515 is based in Iowa, and scammers have been known to use this area code to make calls to unsuspecting victims. So, is a call from area code 515 a scam?In most cases, yes, a call from area code 515 is likely a scam. This area code has been used by scammers in the past to make calls to people in other states, in an attempt to extract money or personal information from them.
If you receive a call from someone claiming to be from area code 515, be very suspicious. Do not give out any personal information, and do not agree to send any money. Hang up the phone, and report the call to your local police department.
area code 515, scam, iowa
What Area Does Code 515 Serve?
Area Code 515 serves most of the state of Iowa. Cities in the 515 area code include Des Moines, Ames, Ankeny, and West Des Moines. If you are looking for information on what area Code 515 covers, or if you need to reach someone in the 515 area code, you've come to the right place.
Is Area Code 515 Toll Free?
515 is the area code for central Iowa, including the Des Moines metropolitan area. Many people wonder if 515 is a toll-free area code. The answer is no – calls made within 515 are not toll-free. However, calls to 515 from other area codes are toll-free. This is because 515 is a local area code, and calls to local area codes are always toll-free. If you’re wondering which area codes are toll-free, check out this list from the FCC.
How to Block Calls from Area Code 515?
Area code 515 is the area code serving central Iowa, including the state capital Des Moines. If you're receiving unwanted calls from this area code, it's easy to block them using your phone's built-in call blocker. Here's how: On an iPhone, open the Settings app and tap Phone. Scroll down to the Call Blocking & Identification section and tap Block Calls from this Area Code. On an Android phone, open the Phone app and tap the three dots in the top right corner. Tap Call Settings and then tap Call Blocking. Tap the gear icon and tick the box next to Block Calls from this Area Code.
You can also add a contact's number to your block list by opening their contact information and tapping Block this Caller. If you ever change your mind, you can unblock a number by following the same steps and unticking the box next to Block Calls from this Area Code.
If you're receiving harassing or spam calls from any number, it's important to report them to your phone carrier and the National Do Not Call Registry. This will help protect you from future calls from that number.