518 Area Code (New York) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 518 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 18 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of New York.
New York, NY
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 518
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (518) 284-3848TelemarketersTelemarketersSick of the daily calls from these numbers to my cell. Blocked over 300 numbers I'm the last year. Something has to be done about it.
- (518) 309-5198Ballston Spa, NYBallston Spa, NYUsed dating site, asked for giftcard to keep kid busy during a hookup.
- (518) 320-7380UnknownUnknownRapid-fire calling, never anyone responding to my greeting.
- (518) 353-6262UnknownUnknownPretended to be from franklin county jail and would not stop calling. Not real.
- (518) 395-3060318 ELEANOR Street Schenectady NY 12306318 ELEANOR Street Schenectady NY 12306did not receive a paper today july 4 2022
- (518) 414-5974UnknownUnknownRefuse to say from where or what it's about
- (518) 417-5291Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterPhone rang 3 times then stopped
- (518) 444-2856Blue ShieldBlue Shieldkeeps leaving message that says push 1 or 3 does not leave actual information
- (518) 444-7011Pretending To Be PCHPretending To Be PCHThey're very diagonous with their wording. It is simply clear they are not altruistic as what public Clearing House actually is and they are trying to scam anyone to get their information and making them believe they won plethora amounts of money but having to pay in order to get it. Which is not part of the regulations or rules.
- (518) 463-0065SaadcSaadcAXD
- (518) 467-2399ScammerScammerThey were calling me all day. I called back and I got in a call with a girl named "Allyson" she said, "Hello you are speaking with Allyson from something insurance". I hung up but I was more curious so I called back but it would take me to a robot saying, "Your call is very important to us stay on the line and we will find an agent." So I stayed but in a few seconds they hung up. I'll wait for a call back see if it's really scam. The number was +1 (518) 467-6771
- (518) 467-9448UnknownUnknowntriggers message snd disconnects
- (518) 593-1206Political callPolitical callThis number has called me several times, even after telling them to not call any more.
- (518) 620-5183Left No MessageLeft No MessageVery noisy, staticky call. MANY calls to this number.
- (518) 730-0411UnknownUnknownCalls 4-5 times a day. UNWANTED call
- (518) 730-1119TelemarketerTelemarketerThey call our business multiple times a day and it is very disruptive. I have asked to be taken off their list but they keep calling!
- (518) 833-0715Troy, NYTroy, NYThey claim to be calling a friend wishing a good season, and then claim that they received your voicemail and wanted to follow up. I've received the exact same call from other numbers recently. DO NOT CALL THEM BACK
- (518) 833-1470Averill Park NYAverill Park NYNumber registered as "Do Not Call". The call was not answered.
Area Codes That Start with 5
- 502Area CodeKentucky, KY
- 503Area CodeOregon, OR
- 508Area CodeMassachusetts, MA
- 509Area CodeWashington, WA
- 510Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 513Area CodeOhio, OH
- 530Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 531Area CodeInvalid
- 534Area CodeWisconsin, WI
- 541Area CodeOregon, OR
- 561Area CodeFlorida, FL
- 563Area CodeIowa, IA
- 574Area CodeIndiana, IN
- 580Area CodeOklahoma, OK
- 587Area CodeInvalid
Major Counties Served by 518 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 518
- % of County
- St. Lawrence111,9443%14%
Major Cities Served by 518 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 518
- % of City
- Saratoga Springs26,5860%100%
- Glens Falls14,7000%100%
- Glens Falls North8,4430%100%
- Hudson Falls7,2810%100%
- West Glens Falls7,0710%100%
- East Glenville6,6160%100%
- Ballston Spa5,4090%100%
- Saranac Lake5,4060%100%
- East Greenbush4,4870%100%
- Tupper Lake3,6670%100%
- South Glens Falls3,5180%100%
- Hoosick Falls3,5010%100%
- Fort Edward3,3750%100%
- West Sand Lake2,6600%100%
- Green Island2,6200%100%
- Lake Placid2,5210%100%
- Hampton Manor2,4170%100%
- Fort Plain2,3220%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 5%Teleport Group
- 4%Frontier Comm Of Ny
- 3%Choice One
- 3%Time Warner Cable Info Svce (new York)
- 6%Verizon Wireless
- 1%Usa Mobility Wireless
- 1%American Messaging (am)
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 518 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What Is the Location and Time Zone of Area Code 518?
518 is a telephone area code for much of upstate New York, including Albany, Schenectady, and Troy. The 518 area code was created in 1947, and it originally covered all of upstate New York. In 1984, however, the 607 area code was created for the Binghamton area, and the 518 area code was reduced to its current size.The 518 area code covers a large area of upstate New York. It includes Albany, Schenectady, Troy, and much of the surrounding area. The 518 area code is in the Eastern Time Zone.
What Is the Origin of Area Code 518?
If you've ever called someone in upstate New York, you've dialed a 518 area code. But where does this area code come from?518 is one of the original area codes created in 1947. It originally covered the entire state of New York, but over the years, it has been split up and changed to reflect the growing population.
Now, 518 is used for most of the Capital Region and the southern Adirondacks. If you're looking to call someone in Albany, Saratoga Springs, Schenectady, or anywhere else in this area, you'll need to use the 518 area code.
While the 518 area code is no longer used for the entire state of New York, it remains an important part of upstate New York's history and culture. So the next time you make a call using this area code, take a minute to appreciate its history and significance.
What Areas Are Serviced by Code 518?
Looking for an emergency plumbing service that can help you 24/7? Code 518 is here to serve you! No matter what time of day or night it is, our team is available to help you with any plumbing emergency you may have.We offer a wide range of services, from fixing a leaky faucet to fixing a broken pipe. We can also help you with sewer line repairs, water line repairs, and more. Plus, we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our services, so you can be sure you're making the best decision for your home.
If you're looking for a reliable, 24/7 emergency plumbing service, Code 518 is the right choice for you. Contact us today to learn more!
Is Area Code 518 Toll Free of Charge?
518 is the area code for parts of upstate New York, including Albany and Schenectady. If you're wondering if 518 is a toll-free area code, the answer is...sort of.There are no official toll-free area codes in the United States, but many providers will offer free calling within a specific region, like 518. So if you're calling someone in the 518 area code, your call may be free, depending on your phone plan.
But be careful! If you're calling someone outside of 518, you may be charged for the call, even if it's a local number. So it's always best to check with your provider before making a call.
Have you ever called someone in the 518 area code? What was your experience? Let us know in the comments!
How to Spot Scams in Area Code 518？
Area code 518 is located in upstate New York and includes Albany, Schenectady, and Troy. While the area is home to many legitimate businesses, scams also operate in this region. Here are some tips to help you spot scams in this area code.One common scam in this area is the fake IRS call. The caller will say that you owe back taxes and must pay immediately or you will be arrested. Another common scam is the "grandparent scam". The scammer will call and pretend to be your grandparent, asking for money to help with an emergency.
There are also scam emails targeting residents of 518. The emails may claim that you have won a prize, or that you need to verify your account information. Always be suspicious of unsolicited emails, especially if they request personal information.
There are several ways to protect yourself from scams in this area code. First, always be skeptical of unsolicited offers. Second, never give out personal information unless you are sure of the source. Third, never send money to someone you don't know. And finally, report any suspicious activity to the police.
How Can I Block Unwanted Calls from Area Code 518?
There are a few different ways that you can go about blocking unwanted calls from area code 518. One way is to use the National Do Not Call Registry. You can register your phone number on the National Do Not Call Registry online or by phone. The National Do Not Call Registry will help to reduce the number of telemarketing calls that you receive.Another way to block unwanted calls from area code 518 is to use a call blocker. There are a number of different call blocker applications that are available for smartphones. These applications will allow you to blacklist numbers that you do not want to receive calls from.
Finally, you can ask your phone company to block calls from area code 518. Most phone companies offer this service for a small monthly fee.