540 Area Code (Virginia) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 540 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 10 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Virginia.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 540
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (540) 235-8402Insurance RecruiterInsurance RecruiterThey pull new jobseekers from job boards to recruit them for insurance sales roles.
- (540) 288-5811Prison/Jail Collect CallPrison/Jail Collect Calland I need to do business with you!
- (540) 519-1915Prison/Jail Collect CallPrison/Jail Collect CallI told the woman once again to stop, and she just hung up without saying a word!
- (540) 572-3041Text/SMSText/SMSI have filed nurmerous compaints and just get more calls.
- (540) 628-8915Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterI never answer but they leave no messages
- (540) 731-7304Text/SMSText/SMSDon't know if the call was computerized as we didn't answer
- (540) 751-3318Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterOn PayPal Invoice for Crypto Coin
- (540) 771-5761Prison/Jail Collect CallPrison/Jail Collect CallPressed "1" to speak to an operator, asked to be put on their no-call list, and was immediately hung up on.
- (540) 923-2232Prison/Jail Collect CallPrison/Jail Collect CallCall rec'd at 4:15 pm.
- (540) 981-7001Appointment ReminderAppointment ReminderWomen called telling me she was from the Carilion Orthopedic office and was a scheduler for the Roanoke area but she was showing I was in WV. Told me she received a referral for up to 99 visits for physical therapy in my hip from UVA. When I told her I've never been to UVA for my hip and I needed the info from where the referral came from she hung up on me.
Area Codes That Start with 5
- 501Area CodeArkansas, AR
- 503Area CodeOregon, OR
- 504Area CodeLouisiana, LA
- 506Area CodeInvalid
- 508Area CodeMassachusetts, MA
- 514Area CodeInvalid
- 516Area CodeNew York, NY
- 541Area CodeOregon, OR
- 559Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 562Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 567Area CodeOhio, OH
- 574Area CodeIndiana, IN
- 580Area CodeOklahoma, OK
- 581Area CodeInvalid
- 586Area CodeMichigan, MI
Major Counties Served by 540 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 540
- % of County
- King George23,5841%100%
- Buena Vista6,6500%100%
Major Cities Served by 540 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 540
- % of City
- Cave Spring24,9220%100%
- Front Royal14,4400%100%
- Stuarts Draft9,2350%100%
- New Baltimore8,1190%100%
- Lake of the Woods7,1770%100%
- Aquia Harbour6,7270%100%
- Buena Vista6,6500%100%
- Massanetta Springs4,8330%100%
- Rocky Mount4,7990%100%
- King George4,4570%100%
- Stafford Courthouse4,3200%100%
- Spotsylvania Courthouse4,2390%100%
- Clifton Forge3,8840%100%
- North Shore3,0940%100%
- Blue Ridge3,0840%100%
- Shenandoah Farms3,0330%100%
- Southern Gateway2,8050%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 6%Verizon South-va (contel)
- 4%Level 3
- 2%Lumos Networks
- 2%Lumos Telephone
- 10%Verizon Wireless
- 3%Virginia PCS Alliance, LC
- 3%United States Cellular -
- 2%Omnipoint Cap Operations
- 1%Usa Mobility Wireless
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 540 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What Is the Location and Time Zone of Area Code 540?
Area code 540 is located in the Eastern Time Zone. Area code 540 covers parts of Virginia.
What Is the Origin of Area Code 540?
What Is the Origin of Area Code 540?Area code 540 is one of the original 86 area codes created in 1947 by the Bell System. It originally served the western part of Virginia, including the Shenandoah Valley and Northern Virginia. In 1995, area code 540 was split to create area code 276, which serves the southwestern part of the state. Today, area code 540 covers the central and western parts of Virginia, including the cities of Roanoke, Lynchburg, and Harrisonburg.
What Areas Are Serviced by Code 540?
Code 540 covers a wide range of service areas, including web design and development, SEO, online marketing, and more. No matter what your business needs, Code 540 can help you get online and start reaching your target audience.
Is Area Code 540 Toll Free of Charge?
There are a lot of misconceptions about area codes. People often think that area codes are toll-free, but that's not always the case. Area code 540 is a good example.There are a lot of people who believe that all calls to area code 540 are toll-free. But that's not the case. Calls to area code 540 are not toll-free unless the person you're calling has a toll-free number.
If you're not sure if a number is toll-free, you can always check the National Toll-Free Number Database. This website maintains a list of all toll-free numbers in the United States. You can also look up area codes on this website.
So, if you're looking to make a toll-free call, be sure to check the area code of the number you're calling. And if you're not sure whether a number is toll-free or not, you can always check the National Toll-Free Number Database.
How to Spot Scams in Area Code 540？
There are a few scams that seem to be popular in the 540 area code. Here are a few tips on how to spot them, and how to protect yourself from becoming a victim.One popular scam in this area is the "jury duty" scam. In this scam, the victim gets a call from someone saying that they have been selected for jury duty, but they can avoid it by paying a fine. Of course, this is a scam and the victim will never be called for jury duty.
Another common scam in this area is the "grandparent scam". In this scam, the victim gets a call from someone pretending to be their grandparent, and they are asking for money. This is also a scam, and the victim should not send any money.
These are just a few of the scams that are popular in the 540 area code. Be careful and always be aware of what is going on around you. If you are ever in doubt, do not hesitate to ask someone for help.
How Can I Block Unwanted Calls from Area Code 540?
Area code 540 is one of the many area codes in the United States. If you're receiving calls from this area code and you don't know anyone in that area, you may want to consider blocking them. Here are a few ways you can do this: The first way to block calls from area code 540 is to use your phone's built-in blocking feature. To do this, consult your phone's user manual or contact your phone service provider.
Another way to block calls from area code 540 is to use a call blocker app. There are many call blocker apps available, both for Android and iOS devices. Simply search for "call blocker" in your device's app store.
Finally, you can also block calls from area code 540 by adding the number to your blacklist. This is a list of numbers that you don't want to receive calls or texts from. To add a number to your blacklist, open your phone's dialer app and enter *60 followed by the number you want to block.
If you're receiving unwanted calls from area code 540, don't hesitate to take action and block them. These are a few ways you can do this, but there may be other methods available depending on your phone and service provider.