570 Area Code (Pennsylvania) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 570 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 12 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Pennsylvania.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 570
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (570) 221-6443Came Up AsCame Up AsCame up on my phone as " Scam Likely" so I did not answer and blocked the number
- (570) 243-0213Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterScammed using small business grants to take over your Facebook page
- (570) 300-8983HealthcareHealthcareThey call my # 20-25 times in 2 hrs. I'm about to get them for harassment
- (570) 390-8600Prank CallerPrank CallerPerson called all hrs of the night would say foul and disgusting things
- (570) 536-8886Text/SMSText/SMSThis number has called me several times over the last few months.
- (570) 576-0395Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterScam caller who was asking for someone that didn't exist. This same person calls from multiple numbers.
- (570) 609-0271Insurance QuotesInsurance QuotesCall several times a day. Very annoying, these call border on harassment. If people wanted to speak with them they would answer the calls.
- (570) 731-9785Text/SMSText/SMSRandomly sending text pretending to be a female and sending photos to try and obtain money.
- (570) 849-7949FaxFaxThis is illegal and fraud.
- (570) 867-9745IrsIrscompany claiming to be IRS. they said I am being sued. The IRS doesn't sue people, they just take your money! I talked to my accountant and he said they would send mailers and other notices. This is a scam
- (570) 887-3332No Name ListedNo Name ListedScam called and no one was on the line.
- (570) 939-3459Scammer/FraudsterScammer/Fraudsterclaimed we had a friend by the name of R***n, which is actually true, so we hung up. then the same caller called a second phone within the same residence & made the same statement before we hung up.
Area Codes That Start with 5
- 501Area CodeArkansas, AR
- 506Area CodeInvalid
- 508Area CodeMassachusetts, MA
- 509Area CodeWashington, WA
- 513Area CodeOhio, OH
- 520Area CodeArizona, AZ
- 531Area CodeInvalid
- 534Area CodeWisconsin, WI
- 539Area CodeOklahoma, OK
- 540Area CodeVirginia, VA
- 561Area CodeFlorida, FL
- 563Area CodeIowa, IA
- 567Area CodeOhio, OH
- 574Area CodeIndiana, IN
- 587Area CodeInvalid
Major Counties Served by 570 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 570
- % of County
Major Cities Served by 570 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 570
- % of City
- Mountain Top10,9820%100%
- East Stroudsburg9,8400%100%
- Lock Haven9,7720%100%
- Old Forge8,3130%100%
- South Williamsport6,3790%100%
- Arlington Heights6,3330%100%
- Dickson City6,0700%100%
- Mount Carmel5,8930%100%
- Schuylkill Haven5,4370%100%
- Clarks Summit5,1160%100%
- West Pittston4,8680%100%
- Sierra View4,8130%100%
- Jim Thorpe4,7810%100%
- West Hazleton4,5940%100%
- Penn Estates4,4930%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 10%Commonwealth Telephone Company
- 3%Choice One
- 2%Verizon North-pa (quaker St)
- 9%Verizon Wireless
- 1%Usa Mobility Wireless
- 1%Omnipoint Enterprises
- 1%Nep Cellcorp
- 1%Keystone Wireless
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 570 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What Is the Location and Time Zone of Area Code 570?
Area code 570 is located in northeast Pennsylvania. The time zone for area code 570 is Eastern Daylight Time.
What Is the Origin of Area Code 570?
Area code 570 was first put into service on January 1, 1947. It serves northeastern and central Pennsylvania. The 570 area code was created as a result of the split of area code 814.
What Areas Are Serviced by Code 570?
570 is a Pennsylvania area code that covers a large area of the state. The area code includes parts of the Philadelphia metropolitan area, as well as smaller towns and rural areas. The 570 area code is one of the most diverse in the state, with a variety of industries and businesses represented.The 570 area code is home to a number of large businesses and industries. The region is known for its manufacturing sector, with companies like Hershey, Nestle, and Frito-Lay all having a presence in the area. The area is also known for its agriculture and mining industries.
The 570 area code is also home to a number of smaller businesses and startups. The region is home to a number of incubators and accelerators, and the area code has a growing tech sector. The 570 area code is also home to a number of colleges and universities, which are helping to fuel the region's growing economy.
Is Area Code 570 Toll Free of Charge?
Area code 570 is a toll-free area code in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania. It serves the northeastern and central portions of the state, including the cities of Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, and Hazleton.Some people are wondering if area code 570 is toll-free. The answer is yes, it is toll-free. Calls made within the 570 area code are free of charge, regardless of the location of the caller or the person being called.
This is great news for people who live in or near the 570 area code. It means that they can call friends and family members without having to worry about added expenses.
If you are looking for a free area code, 570 is a good option. It covers a large area of Pennsylvania, and it is toll-free. This makes it a great choice for people who like to stay in touch with friends and family members.
How to Spot Scams in Area Code 570？
Area code 570 is in the middle of Pennsylvania, and it is a popular area for scammers to target. Here are a few tips to help you spot a scammer in this area code.1. Watch out for callers who demand money upfront. Legitimate businesses will not ask for money before providing services.
2. Beware of callers who try to rush you into making a decision. A scammer will often try to scare you into making a decision before you have a chance to think it through.
3. Be suspicious of callers who ask for personal information like your Social Security number or bank account details. Legitimate businesses will not ask for this information unless you have already established a relationship with them.
4. If you are not sure whether a caller is legitimate, hang up and do a quick Google search to see if there are any reports of scams in your area.
5. If you think you have been scammed, report it to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at FTC.gov.
How Can I Block Unwanted Calls from Area Code 570?
Area code 570 is one of the many area codes in the United States. It covers a large area of Northeastern Pennsylvania, including the cities of Scranton and Wilkes-Barre. If you're not from this area, or you don't know anyone who lives there, you may not want to receive calls from this area code. Fortunately, there are a few ways to block calls from 570.One way to block calls from 570 is to use your phone's built-in call blocker. Most phones have a feature that allows you to block specific numbers or area codes. To use this feature, simply open your phone's call blocker and add the number or area code you want to block.
If you don't have a phone that has a built-in call blocker, you can download an app that will allow you to block calls from 570. There are a number of different call blocker apps available, so be sure to download one that meets your needs.
Another way to block calls from 570 is to use a call blocker device. These devices plug into your phone's headphone jack and allow you to block calls from specific numbers or area codes.
Whichever method you choose, be sure to add the 570 area code to your call blocker or call blocker device. This will ensure that you don't receive any unwanted calls from this area code.