573 Area Code (Missouri) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 573 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 12 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Missouri.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 573
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (573) 207-6607WcfWcfThey call and when you pick up the recorded message is already playing, so you miss who they are. This is a scam that tries to get you to return their call.
- (573) 212-5932TelemarketerTelemarketerRepeatedly calls my number. I've asked them to stop.
- (573) 213-2299Scam NumberScam NumberClaims to be the "Breast Cancer Coalition," asking for donations
- (573) 213-7987DeletedDeletedThis number has called my business a half dozen times in the last 24 hours, no is ever there, just dead air then hang up. With a Caller ID of "DELETED", you know its a scam.
- (573) 229-0369Xm Satellite Radio SpamXm Satellite Radio SpamXm Spams don't answer
- (573) 240-9610Center, MOCenter, MOMakes me nervous and totally harassed. Sometimes unplug phone pay for a minute phone not ringing,
- (573) 246-8039UnknownUnknownI don't answer calls from those I do not know.
- (573) 306-2952UnknownUnknownI get multiple calls a day from this scam company. It infuriates me.
- (573) 529-3012Text/SMSText/SMSCaller claims to own property And is willing to sell the properties
- (573) 658-9281SurveySurveyI do have a credit card with Capital One and I will pay them when I am financially able to.
- (573) 747-4371Prison/Jail Collect CallPrison/Jail Collect CallI do not know anyone in prison and this was a call from a prison in Missouri. I hung up.
- (573) 880-4790UnknownUnknownMultiple "robo" calls a day. No purpose.
Area Codes That Start with 5
- 501Area CodeArkansas, AR
- 507Area CodeMinnesota, MN
- 508Area CodeMassachusetts, MA
- 510Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 512Area CodeTexas, TX
- 514Area CodeInvalid
- 516Area CodeNew York, NY
- 517Area CodeMichigan, MI
- 519Area CodeInvalid
- 530Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 551Area CodeNew Jersey, NJ
- 559Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 571Area CodeVirginia, VA
- 586Area CodeMichigan, MI
- 587Area CodeInvalid
Major Counties Served by 573 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 573
- % of County
- Cape Girardeau75,6742%100%
- St. Francois65,3592%100%
- New Madrid18,9563%100%
- Ste. Genevieve18,1452%100%
Major Cities Served by 573 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 573
- % of City
- Jefferson City43,0790%100%
- Cape Girardeau37,9410%100%
- Poplar Bluff17,0230%100%
- Fort Leonard Wood15,0610%100%
- Park Hills8,7590%100%
- Bonne Terre6,8640%100%
- Bowling Green5,3340%100%
- Scott City4,5650%100%
- Ste. Genevieve4,4100%100%
- Osage Beach4,3510%100%
- St. Robert4,3400%100%
- St. James4,2160%100%
- Holts Summit3,2470%100%
- East Prairie3,1760%100%
- New Madrid3,1160%100%
- Montgomery City2,8340%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 20%Southwestern Bell
- 8%Level 3
- 6%Socket Telecom
- 5%Big River Telephone Company
- 2%Centurytel Missouri (southwest)dba Centurylink
- 5%Verizon Wireless
- 2%United States Cellular -
- 2%American Messaging (am)
- 1%AT&T Local
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 573 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What Is the Location and Time Zone of Area Code 573?
573 is a Missouri area code. It was created on December 1, 1997, and it covers much of the eastern and central parts of the state. 573 is an overlay area code, meaning that it shares its territory with a few other area codes. Area code 573 is in the Central time zone.
What Is the Origin of Area Code 573?
What Is the Origin of Area Code 573?Area code 573 is one of the original 86 area codes created by AT&T and the Bell System in 1947. It covers the northeastern part of Missouri, including the cities of Columbia, Jefferson City, and St. Louis.
The 573 area code was originally assigned to the state of Missouri. However, over the years, it has been split several times to create new area codes. In 2000, area code 314 was split off of 573 to cover the St. Louis metropolitan area. In 2009, area code 660 was split off of 573 to cover the rest of Missouri.
Today, area code 573 is the only area code serving Missouri. It is expected to remain in use until at least 2030.
What Areas Are Serviced by Code 573?
What are the areas Code 573 services? Code 573 is a special code used by the police to indicate that they are in service. What areas does this code cover?
In general, the code 573 service area is limited to major crimes such as homicide, robbery, burglary, and assaults. However, the code can also be used for other incidents such as fires, motor vehicle accidents, and medical emergencies.
Each jurisdiction has their own interpretation of the code, so it's important to check with your local police department to see what areas are serviced. In some cases, the code 573 may also be used as a warning or signal for officers in the area.
If you need emergency assistance, be sure to call 9-1-1 and provide the operator with your location. They will be able to connect you with the appropriate emergency services.
Is Area Code 573 Toll Free of Charge?
Area code 573 is located in Missouri and is considered a toll-free area code. This means that calls made to numbers in this area code are not charged a fee, regardless of the time of day or the length of the call. This makes it a great option for businesses and consumers in the area.There are a number of benefits to using a toll-free area code. Not only do toll-free numbers make it easier for customers to reach you, but they can also help to improve your bottom line. In a study by Telesperience, it was found that businesses with toll-free numbers saw a 30 percent increase in customer satisfaction. In addition, they also found that businesses with toll-free numbers generated more leads and had a higher closing rate.
If you are looking for a way to make it easier for your customers to reach you, or if you are looking for a way to improve your bottom line, consider using a toll-free area code. Area code 573 is toll free, so be sure to take advantage of this great option today.
How to Spot Scams in Area Code 573？
Area code 573 is located in Missouri and includes parts of the following counties: Boone, Callaway, Camden, Cole, Crawford, Gasconade, Howard, Maries, Miller, Moniteau, Osage, Phelps, Pulaski, and Shannon. This area code is relatively new, and as such, has not been as heavily scammed as other areas. However, that does not mean that you are immune to scams if you live in this area. The best way to protect yourself from scams in area code 573 is to be aware of the different types of scams that are out there. Some of the most common scams include:
• The phony lottery scam: In this scam, the victim is contacted by someone who claims to have won a lottery and needs help collecting the prize. The victim is then asked to provide money to cover taxes or other expenses.
• The advance fee scam: In this scam, the victim is contacted by someone who promises to share a large sum of money if the victim pays an advance fee.
• The phishing scam: In this scam, the victim is contacted by someone who tries to trick them into revealing personal information such as passwords or account numbers.
• The identity theft scam: In this scam, the victim is contacted by someone who pretends to be from a legitimate company and asks for personal information such as social security numbers or bank account numbers.
If you are aware of these scams, you are less likely to fall for them. However, you should also be aware of the fact that scammers are getting more and more sophisticated, and they may try to disguise themselves as legitimate businesses or government agencies.
So, how do you spot a scam? Here are some tips:
• Be suspicious of unsolicited phone calls, emails, or text messages.
• Be skeptical of offers that seem too good to be true.
• Do your research! If you are not sure whether a deal is legitimate, do a Google search or contact the Better Business Bureau.
• Don’t provide personal information unless you are sure that the source is legitimate.
• Don’t send money to someone you don’t know.
If you follow these tips, you should
How Can I Block Unwanted Calls from Area Code 573?
If you're getting calls from area code 573, there's a good chance you don't want to answer them. This area code is associated with Missouri, and it's often used for telemarketing and other spam calls. Fortunately, there are several ways to block these calls.The first step is to identify the number that's calling you. If you have caller ID, you can look up the number in your phone book or online. If you don't have caller ID, you can ask the person who's calling you to tell you the number.
Once you have the number, you can block it using your phone's settings. On an iPhone, go to Settings > Phone > Call Blocking & Identification. On an Android phone, go to Settings > Call > Call Blocking. Then, add the number to the blacklist and it will be blocked from calling you.
If you don't have a smartphone, you can also block calls from area code 573 with a call blocker device. These devices connect to your phone line and automatically block calls from certain area codes. They're available for purchase online or at your local electronics store.
No matter which method you choose, be sure to add all of the numbers that you don't want to call you to the blacklist. This will help to ensure that you're not bothered by unwanted calls.