607 Area Code (New York) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 607 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 8 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of New York.
New York, NY
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 607
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (607) 210-9296FaxFaxBox 178 Cincinnati OH 45273.
- (607) 216-9781Link NYCLink NYCMy brother Patrick Alver called me at 1:43 am March 22,2020 from this kiosk. I need to know exact location. He is missing! NYC Police won't do anything, and the methadone clinic he "left" can not disclose any info due to hippa laws. I need help finding my brother. It sounds like a lot of people who use this phone to call out are now missing !
- (607) 270-3191AlmondAlmondConstantly getting calls
- (607) 270-8630Scammer/FraudsterScammer/Fraudsternot sure who this person is may be frud
- (607) 289-3695Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterThen he told me to take my finger and shove it up my A- - H - - - .
- (607) 444-8044FaxFaxWe do not have any business with them and they keep calling us.
- (607) 527-2298Based on research online the company is: All About The Baby, LLC
- (607) 590-2105Hornell - NYHornell - NYDaily calls asking for different people in our company...never leave a message.
Area Codes That Start with 6
- 602Area CodeArizona, AZ
- 604Area CodeInvalid
- 608Area CodeWisconsin, WI
- 609Area CodeNew Jersey, NJ
- 610Area CodePennsylvania, PA
- 612Area CodeMinnesota, MN
- 615Area CodeTennessee, TN
- 623Area CodeArizona, AZ
- 631Area CodeNew York, NY
- 646Area CodeNew York, NY
- 647Area CodeInvalid
- 650Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 660Area CodeMissouri, MO
- 669Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 678Area CodeGeorgia, GA
Major Counties Served by 607 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 607
- % of County
Major Cities Served by 607 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 607
- % of City
- Johnson City15,1740%100%
- South Hill6,6730%100%
- Binghamton University6,1770%100%
- Big Flats5,2770%100%
- West Elmira4,9670%100%
- Gang Mills4,1850%100%
- Elmira Heights4,0970%100%
- Cayuga Heights3,7290%100%
- Chenango Bridge2,8830%100%
- Horseheads North2,8430%100%
- Munsons Corners2,7280%100%
- Northeast Ithaca2,6410%100%
- East Ithaca2,2310%100%
- West End1,9400%100%
- Watkins Glen1,8590%100%
- Painted Post1,8090%100%
- Montour Falls1,7110%100%
- Port Dickinson1,6410%100%
- Northwest Ithaca1,4130%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 13%Time Warner Cable Info Svce (new York)
- 12%Frontier Comm Of Ny
- 5%Teleport Group
- 5%Choice One
- 1%Tw Telecom
- 6%Verizon Wireless
- 1%365 Wireless
- 1%Peerless Network
- 1%Buffalo-lake Erie Wireless Systems
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 607 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What is Area Code 607 and Where is It Coming From?
Area code 607 is found in New York state, specifically in the Southern Tier region. This region is located in the northwest section of the state, bordering Pennsylvania. 607 is the sole area code for the Southern Tier.The history of 607 is tied to the New York State Public Service Commission's (PSC) decision to split up area code 716. This code was getting close to running out of numbers, so the PSC decided to create a new code for the Southern Tier. 607 was announced in 1992 and went into service in 1994.
Since 607 is the sole area code for the Southern Tier, it is used for all calling within the region. This includes both landlines and cell phones. There are no overlays or splitters in use, so 607 is the only code residents and businesses in the Southern Tier need to use.
What Time Zone Is Area Code 607?
607 is a telephone area code in upstate New York. It was one of the original area codes established in 1947. 607 is the only area code in upstate New York that is not overlaid with another area code.The area code covers the Finger Lakes region, including the cities of Binghamton, Ithaca, and Elmira. It also includes a small portion of the Southern Tier region.
The 607 area code is divided into two time zones. Most of the code is in the Eastern Time Zone, while a small portion in the extreme south is in the Central Time Zone.
The time zone boundaries are not officially defined, but are generally considered to be the Interstate 86 corridor.
Are Calls from Area Code 607 a Scam?
Are Calls from Area Code 607 a Scam?There's a lot of debate online about whether or not calls from area code 607 are scams. Some people say that they've received unsolicited calls from this area code, and that the calls were scams. Others say that they have friends or family in 607 and that the calls are not scams. So, what's the truth?
Area code 607 is located in upstate New York. It is an area code that is often used for scams because it is not area code 212 or area code 646, which are both in New York City. Many people don't know how to respond to calls from 607, so scammers often use this area code to try and scam people.
However, not all calls from area code 607 are scams. There are many legitimate businesses and individuals in this area code. If you receive a call from 607, it's important to use your best judgment to determine whether or not the call is a scam. If you're not sure, you can always hang up and call the number back to see who answers.
What Area Does Code 607 Serve?
Area code 607 is assigned to the Southern Tier of New York State. The area code includes the counties of Broome, Chenango, Delaware, Otsego, Schuyler, Steuben, Tioga, and Tompkins.The 607 area code was created on November 5, 2001, in a split from area code 607.
Is Area Code 607 Toll Free?
Area code 607 is not a toll free area code. If you are calling someone in area code 607, you will need to use a toll free number if you want them to pick up the call without being charged. There are a number of different ways to find a toll free number, so you should be able to find one that works for you.
How to Block Calls from Area Code 607?
If you're getting calls from an unfamiliar area code, and you don't want to answer them, you can block the calls using your telephone's built-in call blocker. Here's how: 1. First, determine the area code of the caller. You can do this by looking up the area code on the Internet or by checking the caller's ID.
2. Once you know the area code, program it into your telephone's call blocker. This will automatically reject all calls from that area code.
If you're getting a lot of calls from a certain area code, and you don't want to answer them, you can also block calls from that area code using an online call blocker. Here's how:
1. Go to the website of the call blocker you want to use.
2. Enter the area code of the caller in the "Area Code" field.
3. Click "Block Area Code."
Now, all calls from that area code will be automatically rejected.