612 Area Code (Minnesota) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 612 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 13 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Minnesota.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 612
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (612) 230-2093FaxFaxI have received numerous calls from this company with different caller ID numbers.
- (612) 235-4199Political callPolitical callThe called number is a cell phone number.
- (612) 235-7862Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterSaid that they were holiday inn hotel
- (612) 262-1005Appointment ReminderAppointment ReminderThis is legit. Allina Health does call with appointment reminders, often in the evening and generally two days before the appointment.
- (612) 291-3333FaxFaxIn the past, they typically said I won a cruise.
- (612) 412-9001Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterCalled stating they were US Bank and started asking me questions on when I was going to pay my credit card down and on what date. Asked me how much I was going to be depositing and I thought it sounded off so I told them I started to feel uncomfortable with the questions since I could not confirm if it was US Bank or not. Looked up the number and it isn't associated with any US Bank branch.
- (612) 568-0058Freedom MortgageFreedom MortgagePlease stop what you are doing.
- (612) 607-1015UnknownUnknownThis number is calling me all day every day and I had an associated text referring to my inquiry about drug addiction. I'm so pissed off. Also bored. I'm going down this rabbit hole.
- (612) 607-7724UnknownUnknowncalls to early in the morning
- (612) 615-0010SurveySurveyDude asked if I was looking to go into school or if I was already in school when when I said I was in school he just hung up
- (612) 815-5000TargetTargetCalled about a purchase of a Jif peanut butter product that was potentially recalled due to salmonella. I had in fact just bought Jif and have a Red Card with my number on file so I'm guessing it's legit?
- (612) 872-5408Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterStanley security system requesting to speak to managers asking for security passwords... we don't even have the security system in our store
- (612) 872-5420Stanley SecurityStanley SecurityScam call.
Area Codes That Start with 6
- 602Area CodeArizona, AZ
- 604Area CodeInvalid
- 605Area CodeSouth Dakota, SD
- 608Area CodeWisconsin, WI
- 610Area CodePennsylvania, PA
- 613Area CodeInvalid
- 614Area CodeOhio, OH
- 615Area CodeTennessee, TN
- 618Area CodeIllinois, IL
- 619Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 623Area CodeArizona, AZ
- 626Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 636Area CodeMissouri, MO
- 651Area CodeMinnesota, MN
- 662Area CodeMississippi, MS
Major Counties Served by 612 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 612
- % of County
Major Cities Served by 612 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 612
- % of City
- St. Anthony8,2262%76%
- Falcon Heights5,3210%12%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 32%Qwest Corporation
- 4%American Messaging (am)
- 3%Mcimetro Access Transmission Services
- 3%Usa Mobility Wireless
- 2%Teleport America
- 12%Verizon Wireless
- 1%American Messaging (am)
- 1%Peerless Network
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 612 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What is Area Code 612 and Where is It Coming From?
Area code 612 is a telephone area code in the Minneapolis-St. Paul Twin Cities metropolitan area in the U.S. state of Minnesota. It was created on July 1, 1996, in a split of area code 612.The 612 area code covers the eastern half of the Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area. The western half is in area code 763. Saint Paul is in 651.
The 612 area code was originally created as an overlay of the 612 area code. However, in March 2008, area code 612 was split, and the 612 overlay was moved to the new 763 area code. This left 612 as a spare area code.
In February 2009, the Minnesota Public Utilities Commission (PUC) endorsed a petition filed by Twin Cities area code overlay advocates to overlay the 612 area code onto the 763 area code. This would have created a ten-digit dialing area for the entire Twin Cities metropolitan area.
However, on July 1, 2009, the PUC reversed its decision, and ruled that a ten-digit dialing area is not necessary. On that date, the 612 area code was moved to the new 952 area code, which is also an overlay of the 763 area code.
The 612 area code will likely remain in use until at least 2019.
What Time Zone Is Area Code 612?
612 is in the Central Time Zone in the United States.
Are Calls from Area Code 612 a Scam?
Are Calls from Area Code 612 a Scam?This is a question that many people are asking lately, as it seems that there have been an uptick in calls from this area code. While it's always important to be vigilant about scam calls, it's especially important to be cautious when getting calls from an area code you don't recognize.
So, is it a scam to get a call from area code 612? It's hard to say for sure, as scammers can be very clever in disguising their true intentions. However, it's generally a good idea to be suspicious of any calls from unfamiliar numbers, and to be especially careful if the caller asks for personal information like your Social Security number or bank account details.
If you do receive a call from someone purporting to be from area code 612, it's important to be skeptical. Don't give out any personal information unless you're absolutely sure of the caller's identity, and be sure to report any suspicious calls to the authorities.
What Area Does Code 612 Serve?
Area code 612 serves Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota. It was one of the original area codes created in 1947, and it is one of the few area codes that has not been split or overlaid.
Is Area Code 612 Toll Free?
No, area code 612 is not toll free. If you are looking for a toll free area code, you can try area code 800 or 888.
How to Block Calls from Area Code 612?
area code 612, how to block, call blocker, smartphone