615 Area Code (Tennessee) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 615 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 21 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Tennessee.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 615
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (615) 246-7744Text/SMSText/SMSFirst a recording asks you to press 1 if you are interested in "lowering your interest rates".
- (615) 268-3060Text/SMSText/SMSNo comment
- (615) 299-4687Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterSo much for FREE. What a scam site.
- (615) 343-0473UnknownUnknownNot sure what is going on with this. They called and asked if I was the EVS supervisor. Sounded like a kid
- (615) 379-2541Cross Plains, TNCross Plains, TNIts a fax number now 2/15/22
- (615) 425-4898UnknownUnknownA man from this number called me by my name and then hung up. I tried calling back to see what this was all about but the recording said the number is unavailable. It left me feeling uncomfortable.
- (615) 486-2592Micheal JusticeMicheal JusticeNo one there
- (615) 486-6870AshleyAshleyCalls multiple times in a row for days straight, today makes 6 days. I have answered once, no person on the other line, just faint choppy music. No voicemails left. Spam blocker in place. Seems like a scam/spam call.
- (615) 553-7581No Name Listed Or AnnouncedNo Name Listed Or AnnouncedI've received 12 calls from this number, but with the last 4 digits changed 7581 - 1 7696 - 3 calls 8305 - 1 call 8372 - 3 calls 8373 - 2 calls 8318 - 2 calls There is no message left and they come in intervals of 30 minutes or 2 hours.
- (615) 553-8648Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterContinuous calls from this number.
- (615) 570-4881Scam / FraudScam / FraudScam / Fraud / Harassment. Dropped Scam / Fraud / Harassment probing call. Not a recording. A dim-witted, filthy, unwashed, casteless, scamming loser caller. CID: Dickson TN
- (615) 591-9695RobocallerRobocallerRobo cal scam informing that the SSN number is suspended.
- (615) 671-3442Prison/Jail Collect CallPrison/Jail Collect CallIf I answer the phone, I hold so I can speak with someone, same thing, they hang up when I ask to be taken off the list.
- (615) 671-4698CapioCapioReceived a text asking "how are you". Did not respond
- (615) 680-9472Dont ShowDont ShowI get 3 calls a day from all sorts of numbers, all 615-680-XXXX. I block every single time and somehow whoever is running this scam owns hundreds of numbers, all registered to Hartsville, TN.
- (615) 709-2448Text/SMSText/SMSThis person texted me asking if we wanted to sell our property. There was no name associated with the number, but they signed "Ann." We do not respond to unidentified calls or texts.
- (615) 733-4363CredenceCredenceScam they wanted they knew my last four of ss an address phone number an name. Said I owed T mobile. I've never been with T Mobile
- (615) 733-4419FaxFaxI told them there were no children at this number they still kept talking.
- (615) 823-1865State FarmState FarmCalled to try to sell me insurance- when I asked him to take me off his list, he wouldn't unless I gave him info about our current car insurance. It was intrusive and none of his business. Surprised this came from a 'legitimate' insurance company.
- (615) 934-0359Prank CallerPrank CallerHe whatsapped me
Area Codes That Start with 6
- 603Area CodeNew Hampshire, NH
- 609Area CodeNew Jersey, NJ
- 610Area CodePennsylvania, PA
- 617Area CodeMassachusetts, MA
- 618Area CodeIllinois, IL
- 623Area CodeArizona, AZ
- 630Area CodeIllinois, IL
- 631Area CodeNew York, NY
- 641Area CodeIowa, IA
- 650Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 651Area CodeMinnesota, MN
- 662Area CodeMississippi, MS
- 671Area CodeInvalid
- 678Area CodeGeorgia, GA
- 681Area CodeWest Virginia, WV
Major Counties Served by 615 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 615
- % of County
Major Cities Served by 615 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 615
- % of City
- La Vergne32,5880%100%
- Mount Juliet23,6710%100%
- Spring Hill29,0360%38%
- White House10,2550%100%
- Hartsville/Trousdale County7,8702%100%
- Green Hill6,6180%100%
- Forest Hills4,8120%100%
- Ashland City4,5410%100%
- Oak Hill4,5290%100%
- Pleasant View4,1490%100%
- White Bluff3,2060%100%
- Belle Meade2,9120%100%
- Shackle Island2,8440%100%
- Kingston Springs2,7560%100%
- Thompson's Station2,1940%100%
- Rural Hill2,0070%100%
- Cross Plains1,7140%100%
- South Carthage1,3220%100%
- Red Boiling Springs1,1120%100%
- Walnut Grove8640%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 23%South Central Bell
- 3%Global Crossing Local Services
- 3%Us Lec
- 3%Telcove Of Nashville
- 10%Verizon Wireless
- 7%South Central Bell
- 2%Powertel Nashville Licenses
- 1%Usa Mobility Wireless
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 615 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What is Area Code 615 and Where is It Coming From?
615 is a Tennessee area code. It was one of the original area codes established in 1947. 615 covers the central part of the state, including the Nashville metropolitan area.
What Time Zone Is Area Code 615?
615 is a Tennessee area code that covers Nashville and its surrounding suburbs. 615 spans across Middle Tennessee and parts of Southern Kentucky. The time zone for 615 is Central Daylight Time.
Are Calls from Area Code 615 a Scam?
Area code 615 is a Tennessee area code. Are calls from this area code a scam? Many people think so. Here's what you need to know.First of all, keep in mind that not every call from area code 615 is a scam. There are plenty of legitimate businesses and individuals in that area. However, there are also a lot of scammers who use this area code.
Why is that? One reason is that 615 is a relatively new area code. It was created in 1997, and so it doesn't have the same long history as some of the older area codes. That makes it a prime target for scammers.
Another reason is that 615 is a relatively large area code. It covers a lot of territory, including the Nashville metropolitan area. That makes it easier for scammers to target people in that area.
There are a number of things you can do to protect yourself from calls from area code 615 scammers. First, be suspicious of any call from that area code that doesn't have a legitimate Tennessee area code. If you don't know the person or company on the other end of the call, don't answer it.
Also, be sure to check the caller ID before answering any call. If the number is unfamiliar, don't answer it. And if you do answer, don't give out any personal information.
Finally, if you've been the victim of a scam from area code 615, report it to the FTC. That will help them track down the scammers and shut them down.