616 Area Code (Michigan) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 616 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 10 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Michigan.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 616
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (616) 208-1511Account ServicesAccount Servicesrobocall pretending to be from your bank/loan agency about "lowering the interest rate on your account". left voice mail "urgent you call us"
- (616) 226-5697NothingNothingNO ONE ANSWERED. I HELD ON UNTIL THEY HUNG UP.
- (616) 226-9196UnknowdUnknowdMy phone rang 1 time and then stopped. Have no idea who was calling
- (616) 226-9259FaxFaxLeft message on record.
- (616) 244-8748TelemarketerTelemarketerThis number has been calling my phone for months.
- (616) 244-8754Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterThis number has been placed on my reject list but they keep calling, leaving no message except one about pressing a certain number for English or Spanish.
- (616) 499-6050"Renewal By Anderson""Renewal By Anderson"Stop calling!!
- (616) 504-8797Political callPolitical callThe Faith & Family Coalition calls from different phone numbers numerous time a day.
- (616) 741-6530Allied BusinessAllied BusinessSays I owe them money but I am up to date on all my bills and debts and I owe no debt in the amount they mentioned.
- (616) 965-8834PhilPhilI did not answer this call. I don't know anyone at this number. Blocked the number
Area Codes That Start with 6
- 601Area CodeMississippi, MS
- 602Area CodeArizona, AZ
- 603Area CodeNew Hampshire, NH
- 606Area CodeKentucky, KY
- 617Area CodeMassachusetts, MA
- 618Area CodeIllinois, IL
- 620Area CodeKansas, KS
- 626Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 646Area CodeNew York, NY
- 650Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 651Area CodeMinnesota, MN
- 661Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 669Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 678Area CodeGeorgia, GA
- 684Area CodeInvalid
Major Counties Served by 616 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 616
- % of County
Major Cities Served by 616 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 616
- % of City
- Grand Rapids188,0402%100%
- Forest Hills25,8672%100%
- East Grand Rapids10,6940%100%
- Grand Haven10,4120%100%
- Comstock Park10,0880%100%
- Byron Center5,8220%100%
- Cedar Springs3,5090%100%
- Spring Lake2,3230%100%
- Lake Odessa2,0180%100%
- Kent City1,0570%100%
- Sand Lake5000%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 6%Brooks Fiber
- 4%Usa Mobility Wireless
- 3%Telnet Worldwide
- 2%Level 3
- 12%Verizon Wireless
- 4%American Messaging (am)
- 2%Omnipoint Midwest Operations
- 1%Usa Mobility Wireless
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 616 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What Is the Location and Time Zone of Area Code 616?
616 is a telephone area code in the U.S. state of Michigan. It covers Grand Rapids and the surrounding area. The Grand Rapids area code was created on March 10, 1996, as a split from 231.
The 616 area code is in the Eastern time zone.
What Is the Origin of Area Code 616?
The area code 616 area code is one of the original area codes established in 1947. Area code 616 was created from a split of area code 313. Area code 313 was originally created in 1947 as one of the original area codes.
What Areas Are Serviced by Code 616?
Code 616 is a unique service that covers many different areas. Whether you need help with plumbing, electrical work, or HVAC, Code 616 is there for you. But what are the specific areas that Code 616 services?One of the main areas that Code 616 services is plumbing. They can help with everything from fixing a leaky faucet to fixing a broken pipe. They can also help with installing new plumbing systems and fixing sewer problems.
Another main area that Code 616 services is electrical work. They can help with everything from fixing a broken light switch to fixing a faulty wiring system. They can also help with installing new electrical systems and wiring your home for security.
Finally, Code 616 also services HVAC systems. They can help with everything from fixing a broken air conditioner to installing a new heating system. They can also help with maintaining your current HVAC system and repairing any damage.
So, if you need help with any of your home's plumbing, electrical, or HVAC needs, Code 616 is the service to call. They are experts in all of these areas and can help you with whatever you need.
Is Area Code 616 Toll Free of Charge?
Area code 616 is located in the state of Michigan. It is a toll-free area code that is in use for the entire state. Calls made within Michigan are not charged a toll, regardless of the area code called. This makes it easy for people in Michigan to stay in touch with each other, without worrying about running up a large phone bill.
How to Spot Scams in Area Code 616？
616 is a telephone area code in the US state of Michigan. It covers Grand Rapids, Battle Creek, Kalamazoo, and most of southwestern Michigan outside the Detroit metropolitan area.It has been in use since 1994. In November 2016, it was announced that area code 616 would be overlaid with area code 269, effective July 1, 2018.
In the wake of the announcement, some residents and businesses in the 616 area have raised concerns about scam calls. Because 269 is not currently in use, scam callers could use it to mask their area code and make it appear as if they're calling from within 616.
This can be a major problem, as scam calls are becoming increasingly common. In fact, according to a study by TrueCaller, scam calls increased by 58% in the US in 2017.
So what can you do to protect yourself from scam calls in area code 616? Here are a few tips:
1. Be suspicious of calls from unfamiliar numbers.
If you receive a call from a number you don't recognize, be suspicious. especially if the caller asks for money or personal information. Remember, scam callers will often try to disguise their area code in order to seem more credible.
2. Don't answer calls from unfamiliar numbers.
If you don't recognize the number, don't answer the call. This will help you avoid getting scammed, and it will also help protect your privacy.
3. Don't give out personal information.
Never give out your personal information, such as your Social Security number, bank account details, or credit card number, to someone you don't know.
4. Use caller ID blocking features.
Most phone carriers offer caller ID blocking features that can help you avoid getting scammed. Be sure to activate these features to help protect yourself.
5. Report scam calls.
If you receive a scam call, be sure to report it to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). This will help the FTC track down the scammers and prevent them from harming other people.
How Can I Block Unwanted Calls from Area Code 616?
Area code 616 is a common area code in Michigan. If you're receiving calls from this area code and don't know anyone in that area, you may want to block these calls. There are a few ways to do this.The first way is to add the number to your contacts and then delete it. This will block future calls from that number, but it will also block any calls from that number that may be legitimate.
Another way to block calls from this area code is to add the number to your block list. This will automatically block calls from that number, but it will also block any calls from other numbers that are associated with it.
If you want to block all calls from a certain area code, you can add the area code to your list of blocked area codes. This will block all calls from that area code, regardless of whether they're legitimate or not.