626 Area Code (California) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 626 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 9 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of California.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 626
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (626) 206-7985Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterYour ad is a lie. It's not free.
- (626) 213-2648Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterTried to call me about some college suggestions I wasn't sure if they were kidding or not but it seemed pretty fake.
- (626) 247-3876Political callPolitical callThey call about your cars extended warranty
- (626) 427-6340ScamScamMullen and Associates legal documents
- (626) 470-7611Debt CollectorDebt CollectorCalling everyone related to me and no one is quite sure as to how this man has gotten their numbers......they call threatening to sue, take to court and said we or I need a lawyer to clear up this matter.......I called repeatedly only to have to leave a voice message......this has gotten out of hand and like the post before this.......something is definitely not right about these threatening and harassing messages and little information given about why they are calling.....the voicemail comes on and says, " you have reached Molderring(didnt quite hear this name just spelling how I heard it) Associates".....
- (626) 480-5243UnknownUnknownSupposedly, it's a Kaiser Permanente Call Center phone number. However, whomever calls does NOT leave any messages. Given the numerous spoofing robocalls, we do NOT ever answer telephone calls from unknown and unverified sources; all such numbers are automatically blocked by our service and/or routed to either voicemail. Everyone, contact your legislators and officials to prosecute such robocall offenders ... NOW.
- (626) 589-8914UnknownUnknownPlease remove phone number from site for employment security reasons.
- (626) 699-4587TPC ResearchTPC ResearchSick of them calling all day long twenty calls today. This is getting out of hand.
- (626) 701-8003Collection AgencyCollection AgencyAfter some online research, I confirmed this was a scam and a fraud attempt to collect personal bank information.
Area Codes That Start with 6
- 601Area CodeMississippi, MS
- 602Area CodeArizona, AZ
- 606Area CodeKentucky, KY
- 607Area CodeNew York, NY
- 613Area CodeInvalid
- 614Area CodeOhio, OH
- 616Area CodeMichigan, MI
- 617Area CodeMassachusetts, MA
- 618Area CodeIllinois, IL
- 619Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 631Area CodeNew York, NY
- 641Area CodeIowa, IA
- 647Area CodeInvalid
- 662Area CodeMississippi, MS
- 667Area CodeMaryland, MD
Major Counties Served by 626 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 626
- % of County
- Los Angeles9,818,605100%6%
Major Cities Served by 626 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 626
- % of City
- El Monte113,4754%100%
- West Covina106,0986%97%
- Baldwin Park75,3903%100%
- Hacienda Heights54,0384%90%
- La Puente39,8161%100%
- San Gabriel39,7182%100%
- Temple City35,5582%100%
- Monterey Park60,2692%53%
- Rowland Heights48,9932%48%
- West Puente Valley22,6361%100%
- South San Jose Hills20,5511%100%
- South El Monte20,1161%100%
- South Pasadena25,6191%63%
- East San Gabriel14,8741%100%
- Avocado Heights15,4111%88%
- San Marino13,1471%100%
- Sierra Madre10,9171%100%
- Charter Oak9,3100%100%
- South San Gabriel8,0700%100%
- South Monrovia Island6,7770%100%
- East Pasadena6,1441%100%
- Mayflower Village5,5150%100%
- San Dimas33,3711%12%
- North El Monte3,7230%100%
- San Pasqual2,0410%100%
- La Habra Heights5,3250%6%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 21%Pacific Bell
- 14%Verizon California-ca (gte)
- 4%Us Telepacific
- 3%Level 3
- 3%Pac - West Telecomm
- 2%Teleport Group - Los Angeles
- 4%Verizon Wireless
- 1%Usa Mobility Wireless
- 1%American Messaging Services
- 1%The Telephone Connection Of Los Angeles
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 626 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What Is the Location and Time Zone of Area Code 626?
The area code 626 is located in California, specifically in the Los Angeles metropolitan area. The time zone for this area code is Pacific Daylight Time.
What Is the Origin of Area Code 626?
Area code 626 has a long and fascinating history, dating back to the early days of telephone technology. Here's a look at the origin of this iconic code number.The first area code in the United States was area code 202, which was created in 1947. Area code 626 was one of the original area codes created in California in 1951.
The 626 area code was originally assigned to the Pasadena and San Gabriel Valley area. This area was home to a large number of phone users, and the need for new area codes was growing rapidly.
Over the years, the 626 area code has shifted around a bit. In 1957, it was expanded to include the city of Glendale. In 1984, it was split to create the new area code 818. And in 1998, it was shifted to its current area covering the eastern suburbs of Los Angeles County.
Today, the 626 area code is home to over 2.6 million people. And despite the proliferation of cell phones and other technologies, it remains one of the most heavily populated area codes in the country.
So next time you dial a number with the 626 area code, take a moment to appreciate its long and colorful history.
What Areas Are Serviced by Code 626?
Code 626 is a service that provides many different areas with essential services. What are some of the areas that Code 626 service?One of the areas that Code 626 services is the area of North Hollywood. North Hollywood is a neighborhood in the San Fernando Valley region of the city of Los Angeles. It is located within the larger area of Hollywood. North Hollywood is known for its diverse population, with a large percentage of immigrants from Latin America and the former Soviet Union.
Code 626 also services the area of Van Nuys. Van Nuys is a neighborhood in the San Fernando Valley region of Los Angeles, California. It is located north of the Hollywood district of Los Angeles. The neighborhood serves as the home to the Valley Studios, one of the largest concentrations of film and TV production in the United States.
Finally, Code 626 services the area of Burbank. Burbank is a city in Los Angeles County, California, United States, 12 miles north of downtown Los Angeles. The population was 102,000 at the 2010 census. It is the home of the Walt Disney Company and the Warner Brothers Studio.
These are just a few of the areas that Code 626 services. For a full list of service areas, please visit the Code 626 website.
Is Area Code 626 Toll Free of Charge?
Area code 626 is a toll-free calling area. This means that calls made within this area code are not charged a fee, regardless of the phone number you are calling. This makes it a great option for local calls, especially if you are calling a business.There are a few things to keep in mind when using area code 626 for toll-free calls. First, not all phone numbers are toll-free. If you are trying to call a number that is not toll-free, you will be charged for the call. Second, there may be some restrictions on who can use this area code for toll-free calls. For example, some phone companies may only allow their customers to use this code for free calls.
If you are looking for a phone number that is toll-free, area code 626 is a great option. This area code covers a large area of the Los Angeles metro area, making it a great choice for local calls.
How to Spot Scams in Area Code 626？
Area code 626 is one of the most popular areas in California. It's also one of the most scam-ridden areas. Here are a few tips to help you avoid being scammed:1. Be suspicious of any offer that seems too good to be true. If someone is offering to give you a free iPad or a $100 gift card, they're probably trying to scam you.
2. Don't give out your personal information unless you're sure you can trust the person. A scammer might try to get your Social Security number or bank account information.
3. Don't wire money or send cash to someone you don't know. This is a common scam tactic.
4. Be careful about clicking on links or downloading attachments from unfamiliar email addresses. These could be scams or viruses.
5. Report any suspicious activity to the authorities. If you think you've been scammed, don't hesitate to call the police.
How Can I Block Unwanted Calls from Area Code 626?
Area code 626 is one of the most popular area codes in California. It's also one of the most complained about area codes when it comes to unsolicited calls. If you're receiving too many calls from area code 626, there are a few things you can do to block them.The first thing you can do is add the number to your contacts and then designate it as a spam number. This will send the call straight to your voicemail and you won't hear it. If the number is listed in your contacts, it will automatically be blocked.
You can also use a call blocker app to help you block the number. There are a number of different call blocker apps available, so you can find one that best suits your needs. Some of the most popular call blocker apps are Hiya, Call Control, and Nomorobo.
Finally, you can also contact your carrier and ask them to block the number for you. This is probably the most effective way to block the number, as your carrier will have access to more numbers than any other method.
No matter what method you choose, be sure to keep your phone updated with the latest software and firmware. This will help protect you from unwanted calls and spam texts.