631 Area Code (New York) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 631 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 13 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of New York.
New York, NY
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 631
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (631) 239-8731Fast FundingFast Fundingdidnt answer, called back on IP phone and "Rich with Fast Funding" answered. I hung up...
- (631) 248-6240Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterOffering energy efficient siding
- (631) 317-1768Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterIndian scumbag with PayPal vehicle purchase scam. I'm not selling a vehicle.
- (631) 318-7105ItechalertItechalertHeard from these guys tonight (3/21/2018). Said that they were either Microsoft support or Microsoft certified techs and they would clean-up my PC of viruses. I shortly blew a fuse and started screaming/swearing at the guy as I think they are pieces of sh*t. I give 'em credit - after I hung up on them, they called righted back which gave me that chance to unload on them again.
- (631) 364-3409Stonybrook, NYStonybrook, NYcalled 5 times, no noise, after a few seconds, there's a hang up
- (631) 450-0229ValstarrValstarrRecording asking about TV viewing habits.
- (631) 504-4224TelemarketerTelemarketerCalled twice no message .
- (631) 627-8230Long Island OwnLong Island OwnFake prize notification by SMS
- (631) 699-2167Hudson, COHudson, COOTP provided with this number and phone contact list leaked immediately. Misused those contact to ask money
- (631) 732-5030Prison/Jail Collect CallPrison/Jail Collect CallThey sound like scammers and are asking me for access to my computer.
- (631) 773-1122TelemarketerTelemarketerconstantly calling the house --- of course during the day when I'm at work so can't tell them to stop. Wish there was a way to block their number from even getting to our phone
- (631) 801-0989SpammerSpammercalled me multiple times in a row after I hung up
- (631) 983-3041Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterScam
Area Codes That Start with 6
- 601Area CodeMississippi, MS
- 602Area CodeArizona, AZ
- 603Area CodeNew Hampshire, NH
- 605Area CodeSouth Dakota, SD
- 607Area CodeNew York, NY
- 608Area CodeWisconsin, WI
- 613Area CodeInvalid
- 616Area CodeMichigan, MI
- 617Area CodeMassachusetts, MA
- 618Area CodeIllinois, IL
- 636Area CodeMissouri, MO
- 660Area CodeMissouri, MO
- 661Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 681Area CodeWest Virginia, WV
- 689Area CodeInvalid
Major Counties Served by 631 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 631
- % of County
Major Cities Served by 631 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 631
- % of City
- West Babylon43,2130%100%
- Central Islip34,4500%100%
- Huntington Station33,0290%100%
- West Islip28,3350%100%
- Deer Park27,7450%100%
- Dix Hills26,8921%100%
- Bay Shore26,3370%100%
- East Patchogue22,4690%100%
- East Northport20,2170%100%
- Lake Ronkonkoma20,1550%100%
- North Bay Shore18,9440%100%
- North Amityville17,8620%100%
- North Babylon17,5090%100%
- Kings Park17,2820%100%
- Setauket-East Setauket15,4770%100%
- East Islip14,4750%100%
- Rocky Point14,0140%100%
- Stony Brook13,7400%100%
- Hampton Bays13,6031%100%
- St. James13,3380%100%
- Mastic Beach12,9300%100%
- Miller Place12,3390%100%
- Mount Sinai12,1180%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 10%Cablevision Lightpath
- 5%Teleport Group
- 3%Broadview Networks
- 3%Allegiance Telecom
- 5%Verizon Wireless
- 2%Usa Mobility Wireless
- 1%Metro PCS
- 1%Cablevision Lightpath
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 631 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What Is the Location and Time Zone of Area Code 631?
The location and time zone of area code 631 can be found on the official website of the North American Numbering Plan Administration (NANPA). According to the website, the 631 area code is located in the Eastern Time Zone.
What Is the Origin of Area Code 631?
The area code 631 is one of the original area codes established in 1947. It was created in response to the increasing population and the need for more phone numbers. The area code 631 covers most of Long Island, including the cities of Long Beach, Islip, and Smithtown.The area code 631 has been in use for over 70 years and has seen a lot of changes. In the early days, it was used for all of Long Island. In the late 1950s, the area code 914 was created for Westchester County and the area code 516 was created for Nassau County. This left the 631 area code for Suffolk County.
In the 1990s, the 631 area code was reduced to its current size. This was done due to the proliferation of cell phones and the need for more phone numbers. In addition, the area code 516 was split into two area codes, 516 and 631. This left the 631 area code for Suffolk County and the 516 area code for Nassau County.
The 631 area code is now in the process of being split into three area codes. The 631 area code will be split into the 631 and 934 area codes. The 934 area code will cover the central and eastern parts of Suffolk County, while the 631 area code will cover the western part of Suffolk County. This will be done in 2020.
So what is the origin of the 631 area code? The 631 area code was created in response to the increasing population and the need for more phone numbers. It covers most of Long Island, including the cities of Long Beach, Islip, and Smithtown.
What Areas Are Serviced by Code 631?
Code 631 is a service that covers a wide area. If you need help in your home, business, or on the go, Code 631 is there for you. What are some of the areas that Code 631 services?One of the areas that Code 631 services is home automation. If you want to be able to control your home from your phone or computer, Code 631 can make that happen. You can also have alarms, locks, and lights installed in your home through Code 631.
Businesses can also take advantage of Code 631. You can have a security system installed, or get help with your computer networks. You can also get help with marketing and social media.
Code 631 also provides service for travelers. If you need help with your phone or computer while you’re on the go, Code 631 can help. You can also get help with your luggage if you have a connecting flight.
No matter what you need help with, Code 631 is there for you.
Is Area Code 631 Toll Free of Charge?
Area code 631 is a toll-free area code in the United States. This area code was created in 2001 as a split from area code 516. It is one of the few area codes in the country that is toll-free.
How to Spot Scams in Area Code 631？
Area code 631 is a popular area code for many people living in New York. However, with the popularity of this area code also comes scams. Here are a few tips on how to spot a scam when you are living in or around the 631 area code.The first thing you want to watch out for is unsolicited calls or emails. If you don’t know the person or company calling you, it’s best to just hang up or delete the email. Be especially careful of any calls or emails asking for personal information like your Social Security number or bank account information.
Another red flag to watch out for is high-pressure sales tactics. If the person on the other end is trying to pressure you into making a purchase or signing up for a service, it’s likely a scam. Legitimate businesses don’t need to use high-pressure tactics to get you to buy something.
Finally, be suspicious of any offers that seem too good to be true. If the offer seems too good to be true, it probably is. Scammers will often try to lure people in with offers of free money or prizes. Don’t fall for these offers – they’re always too good to be true.
By being aware of these red flags, you can protect yourself from scams in the 631 area code.
How Can I Block Unwanted Calls from Area Code 631?
Are you getting calls from area code 631, and you don't know who it is? Here are a few tips on how to block those calls.The first thing you can do is add the number to your contacts, and then block it from your phone. You can also add it to the do not call registry.
If you're using an iPhone, you can use the app called Unknown Caller, which will block all calls from numbers that are not in your contacts list.
If you're using an Android phone, you can use the app called Mr. Number, which will block calls and texts from known spam numbers.
If you're using a landline, you can use a call blocker, which will block all calls from specific area codes, or all calls except for those from your contacts list.
No matter what type of phone you're using, there are a number of ways to block unwanted calls from area code 631. Try one of these methods, and you'll soon be getting peace and quiet on your phone again!