646 Area Code (New York) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 646 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 19 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of New York.
New York, NY
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 646
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (646) 296-4455Vacation ResortVacation ResortI have no credit cards.
- (646) 389-8954Internal Revenue ServicesInternal Revenue ServicesRecording in Chinese
- (646) 397-2371Prison/Jail Collect CallPrison/Jail Collect CallTHEY STILL KEEP CALLING.
- (646) 462-4167New York NYNew York NYCalls 3x a day. Never leaves message!
- (646) 480-0909Called 2x on jun1 and again jun2 at 9am recording Claimed to be from bank fraud dept, asked to press any number to continue.
- (646) 517-4770Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterNo one answers. Spam call. Hate them
- (646) 535-1060Text/SMSText/SMSThis person will ask you for a deposit and will not refund it even if she is unable to kept her appointment. Avoid
- (646) 568-7788UnknownUnknownPress 1 to join this call!
- (646) 583-2848Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterTexting
- (646) 600-8266One, I have no interest rate that is a problem.
- (646) 650-3969Text/SMSText/SMSI Hate Marketing Calls They P**s Me Off
- (646) 668-2802Midwest Recovery?Midwest Recovery?Left phone number for me to call back, stated they are a debt collector. Phone number is dead. Scam.
- (646) 679-4937Chime BankChime BankScam caller stating they're from bank mobile and would like to discuss your mobile account
- (646) 712-9939Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterCall received no response,
- (646) 736-1779From New YorkFrom New YorkNo comment
- (646) 749-3122Not ProvidedNot ProvidedI did not answered my phone I let it go to my answer machine and they leave no messages almost everyday a call will come through.
- (646) 762-7476UnknownUnknownDont f*****g call me
- (646) 799-4659Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterClaims that electric service will be cut off unless action is taken
- (646) 961-6019Text/SMSText/SMSI received a txt msg asking me to go to http:// for claming my gift with claim 113 first time and 112 secund time and my code 6655
Area Codes That Start with 6
- 603Area CodeNew Hampshire, NH
- 606Area CodeKentucky, KY
- 607Area CodeNew York, NY
- 608Area CodeWisconsin, WI
- 610Area CodePennsylvania, PA
- 614Area CodeOhio, OH
- 616Area CodeMichigan, MI
- 619Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 636Area CodeMissouri, MO
- 647Area CodeInvalid
- 651Area CodeMinnesota, MN
- 660Area CodeMissouri, MO
- 662Area CodeMississippi, MS
- 684Area CodeInvalid
- 689Area CodeInvalid
Major Counties Served by 646 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 646
- % of County
- New York1,585,873100%92%
Major Cities Served by 646 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 646
- % of City
- New York8,175,133100%7%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 3%Broadview Networks
- 3%Bandwidthcom Clec
- 2%Mcimetro Access Transmission Services
- 8%Verizon Wireless
- 2%Metro PCS
- 1%Xchange Telecom
- 1%Halo Wireless Services
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 646 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What is Area Code 646 and Where is It Coming From?
Area code 646 is one of the newer area codes in the United States. It was created on October 7, 1999, and began service on January 1, 2000. Area code 646 is an overlay for area code 212, which was created in 1947.The 646 area code covers the boroughs of Manhattan, the Bronx, and part of Queens. It also includes a small portion of Staten Island. The 212 area code covered the entire city of New York before the 646 overlay was created.
The 646 area code is expected to run out of numbers in early 2020. A new area code, 917, is expected to be introduced at that time to provide additional numbers for the New York City area.
What Time Zone Is Area Code 646?
The time zone for area code 646 is Eastern Daylight Time.
Are Calls from Area Code 646 a Scam?
Area code 646 is one of the most popular area codes in the United States. It's also one of the most commonly scammed area codes. If you receive a call from this area code, be careful – it may be a scam!There are a number of different types of scams that can originate from calls with this area code. One of the most common is the "Microsoft tech support" scam. In this scam, the caller will pretend to be from Microsoft tech support, and will try to convince you that your computer is infected with a virus. They may try to scam you into giving them your personal information, or they may try to convince you to purchase a bogus software program.
Another common scam that can come from calls with area code 646 is the "IRS tax scam". In this scam, the caller will pretend to be an IRS agent, and will try to convince you that you owe money to the IRS. They may try to scam you into giving them your personal information, or they may try to convince you to pay them using a prepaid debit card.
If you receive a call from area code 646, be sure to exercise caution. Don't give out any personal information, and don't agree to purchase any bogus software or services. If you're not sure whether a call is legitimate, hang up and call the number back from a trusted source.
What Area Does Code 646 Serve?
Code 646 is a service area that covers a large portion of the Dallas-Fort Worth area. This area is in the north-central part of the state and includes parts of Dallas, Tarrant, Denton, and Collin counties.The Code 646 service area is a large and diverse one, with a population of over 2.5 million people. It includes the cities of Dallas, Fort Worth, and Plano, as well as the towns of Keller, Flower Mound, Grapevine, and Lewisville.
There are many things to do in the Code 646 service area, from shopping and dining to outdoor recreation and entertainment. The area is home to major sports teams, including the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, and Texas Rangers, and there are plenty of other attractions to keep visitors busy.
If you're looking for a great place to live or just want to explore what the area has to offer, be sure to check out Code 646.
Is Area Code 646 Toll Free?
Area code 646 is not a toll-free area code. Calls placed to numbers in this area code will incur normal long-distance charges, depending on the caller's location and the number called.
How to Block Calls from Area Code 646?
How to Block Calls from Area Code 646?There may be times when you don't want to answer a call from a certain area code. Maybe the number is from a telemarketer or someone you don't know. Fortunately, there are ways to block calls from certain area codes.
The first thing you need to do is identify the area code you want to block. You can find this information on the caller ID of the incoming call. Once you have the area code, you need to determine the type of phone service you have.
If you have a traditional landline, you can block calls from certain area codes by dialing *67 before the area code. For example, if you want to block calls from area code 646, you would dial *67646. This will route the call to voice mail and the person calling will not be able to leave a message.
If you have a VoIP phone service, you can block calls from certain area codes by creating a blacklist. This is a list of phone numbers that you don't want to receive calls from. You can add numbers to your blacklist by logging into your account and clicking on the "My Number Blacklist" tab.
Whether you have a traditional landline or a VoIP phone service, you can also use a call blocker app to block calls from certain area codes. There are many call blocker apps available, both free and paid. Just do a quick Google search for "call blocker app" and you'll find plenty of options to choose from.
So, if you're ever bothered by calls from a certain area code, don't worry. There are several ways to block them!