706 Area Code (Georgia) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 706 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 20 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Georgia.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 706
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (706) 214-2351SurveySurveyMy phone rang when my answering machine was on but caller hung up. in the last call, I turned my machine off and answered the call. I was prompted to leave my name and number for a call back which I did not.
- (706) 251-9751Collection AgencyCollection AgencyThe consumer received a call from someone with an accent.
- (706) 254-6888LusianaLusianaFDSGSJGIOSDIOFBNIOD
- (706) 309-5937Won'T SayWon'T SayCalled but did not say anything.
- (706) 418-2869Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterThey claimed that I would be arrested for some fradulent activity.
- (706) 431-8072Detective Sharon DavisDetective Sharon DavisThey said to me to make a payment with the dealers .. Her want me pay the the fee again .. I dont how but her forced me .. If not pay they will come to arrested me ..
- (706) 493-1840Political callPolitical callI have asked them several times not to call and remove me from calling list and the keep with calling.
- (706) 493-5449AT&TAT&TA Man called saying he was calling to confirm my appt for installation at 1521 Timber Heights Dr SE. When I asked him for the zip code he asked my why do I need it. I told him he gave me the full address, why not the zip code? He refused....we got in a shouting match and he said he had to disconnect the call. He knew my first and last name. I never put in a request to ATT because I have Xfinity
- (706) 524-0694UnknownUnknowncontinued calls from this company
- (706) 558-6641NickNickTexts asking why i havent heard from you
- (706) 608-6338Prison/Jail Collect CallPrison/Jail Collect CallNo message
- (706) 621-6054UnknownUnknownThis person called and when I answered she hung up . It was a woman
- (706) 623-0216Prison/Jail Collect CallPrison/Jail Collect CallThey offer to install an alarm system, if they are permitted to install a small sign in the yard.
- (706) 689-5544UnknownUnknownCharles H Scheltens 8472084442 C 1532 N Oak Ave Round Lake Beach IL 60073 339-36-1359 3-9-42 Travers 5291-1593-6297-8109 04/26 843 5+k 5121-0797-8103-8473 09/23 986 ========================== Rose L Polidor 8585867867 L 8614 Hydra Ln San Diego CA 92126 552-94-5057 2-28-35 Guest 5121-0652-6088-9791 09-22 686 ========================= Perry Randall 2394786761 C 9283 Boot Punta Gorda FL 33982 3883 11-6-55 Garner 5213-0710-0619-3794 09/26 166 a509 ========================== Willie Creedle 4347748153 L 32 Bettys Dr South Hill VA 23970 231-56-6243 11-19-43 Newman 5524-3381-7287-7847 05/25 119 ======================= Delilah Green 7185254732 7188446394 11651 157th St Apt 6c, Jamaica NY 11434 085-30-7555 5-4-38 Guillebeaux 4400-6690-5763-8306 10/26 440 ====================== Lori J Fisher 7162242213 C 10234 West Main RD Ripley NY 14775 109-54-1960 7-4-64 Christen [email protected] 4147-4002-6407-2537 05/24 711 a531 ========================== Michelle Rice 9038020548 C 1007 Mc Entire Rd Trinidad TX 75163 216-86-2668 6-2-63 Hammer 5524-3307-0302-0260 11/26 230 a6.4k ===========================
- (706) 723-1008Text/SMSText/SMSRecording from a telemarketer.
- (706) 723-8225UnknownUnknownKeeps calling everyday and never leaves a message.
- (706) 739-5237Credence Debt CollectionCredence Debt CollectionI have been receiving phone calls for 13 years from debt collectors asking for Stacy somebody. I don't know who Stacy is and I am getting sick of these phone calls. They always say they will remove my number but 13 years later, they continue to call. How do I get these a**s brains to realize that my phone number is not Stacy???
- (706) 807-5662UnknownUnknownMortgage reduction scam
- (706) 925-9322Debt CollectorDebt CollectorThey call me and then said i called them. then hung up and called me right back.
- (706) 960-2042TelemarketerTelemarketer6 second sillent voicemail
Area Codes That Start with 7
- 702Area CodeNevada, NV
- 713Area CodeTexas, TX
- 715Area CodeWisconsin, WI
- 716Area CodeNew York, NY
- 720Area CodeColorado, CO
- 727Area CodeFlorida, FL
- 731Area CodeTennessee, TN
- 737Area CodeTexas, TX
- 760Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 762Area CodeGeorgia, GA
- 763Area CodeMinnesota, MN
- 765Area CodeIndiana, IN
- 774Area CodeMassachusetts, MA
- 779Area CodeInvalid
- 780Area CodeInvalid
Major Counties Served by 706 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 706
- % of County
Major Cities Served by 706 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 706
- % of City
- Cusseta-Chattahoochee County11,2672%100%
- Fort Oglethorpe9,2630%100%
- Chattanooga Valley3,8460%100%
- West Point3,4740%100%
- Hannahs Mill3,2980%100%
- Reed Creek2,6040%99%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 22%Southern Bell Tel &
- 4%Level 3
- 4%Windstream Standard
- 2%Verizon Wireless
- 2%Charter Fiberlink -
- 11%Verizon Wireless
- 4%Powertel Atlanta Licenses
- 3%Southern Services
- 1%Bailey's & Electronics
- 1%Usa Mobility Wireless
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 706 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What is Area Code 706 and Where is It Coming From?
Area code 706 is one of the original 86 area codes created in 1947. It covers most of north-central Georgia, including Athens, Augusta, Columbus, and Rome. The 706 area code was originally assigned to the Alabama portion of the Chattanooga, TN-GA-AL MSA. When the area code was created, Alabama was still a separate state. In 1953, Alabama was split into two area codes, 205 and 251. The 706 area code was reassigned to the eastern half of Alabama, which included the Birmingham, Montgomery, and Anniston MSAs.
In 1997, the 706 area code was split. The western half of the old 706 territory, including the Athens, Augusta, and Columbus MSAs, was assigned the new 762 area code. The eastern half of the old 706 territory, including the Birmingham, Montgomery, and Anniston MSAs, was assigned the new 256 area code.
In 2001, the 706 area code was split again. The western half of the old 706 territory, including the Rome MSA, was assigned the new 764 area code. The eastern half of the old 706 territory, including the Birmingham, Montgomery, and Anniston MSAs, was assigned the new 334 area code.
In 2007, the 706 area code was split again. The western half of the old 706 territory, including the Huntsville, AL MSA, was assigned the new 256 area code. The eastern half of the old 706 territory, including the Birmingham, Montgomery, and Anniston MSAs, was assigned the new 938 area code.
In 2014, the 706 area code was split again. The western half of the old 706 territory, including the Columbus, GA MSA, was assigned the new 762 area code. The eastern half of the old 706 territory, including the Birmingham, Montgomery, and Anniston MSAs, was assigned the new 205 area code.
The 706 area code will be exhausted in 2021. A new area code, 912, will be assigned to the eastern half of the old 706 territory, including the Birmingham, Montgomery, and Anniston MSAs.
What Time Zone Is Area Code 706?
706 is a Georgia telephone area code. The area code includes the northeastern corner of Georgia, including Athens, Augusta, and the Chattahoochee Valley. 706 also includes a small portion of eastern Alabama.The Georgia portion of 706 is in the Eastern Time Zone. The Alabama portion is in the Central Time Zone.
Are Calls from Area Code 706 a Scam?
area code 706 calls, scammers, what to do if you get a call from area code 706, how to identify a scam call
What Area Does Code 706 Serve?
Code 706 is responsible for a large area of the United States. This code is used for emergency dispatch for law enforcement, firefighting, and emergency medical services. If you need to reach emergency services, you should dial 9-1-1. However, if you are unsure of what code to use, you can always call 9-1-1 and ask for help.
Is Area Code 706 Toll Free?
Area code 706 is a toll-free area code in the United States. This area code covers the entire state of Georgia. If you are calling someone in Georgia, and you are not in Georgia, you will need to use a toll-free area code.
How to Block Calls from Area Code 706?
Have you been receiving calls from someone with an area code of 706? If you want to block calls from this area code, there are a few steps you can take.The first thing you can do is add the number to your contacts and then block it. This will prevent the number from calling you, but the caller will still be able to leave a voicemail.
If you want to block calls and messages from this number, you can add it to your blocked numbers list. This will prevent the number from calling, messaging, or leaving a voicemail.
If you have an iPhone, you can also use the Do Not Disturb feature to block calls and messages from this number.
If you want to prevent all calls from a certain area code, you can add the area code to your blacklist. This will block all calls from that area code, regardless of the number they are calling from.
By taking these steps, you can easily block calls from area code 706.