714 Area Code (California) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 714 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 10 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of California.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 714
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (714) 248-2503Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterSPAM
- (714) 266-7554California CallCalifornia CallI'm receiving between 2 and 3 calls PER DAY. How can I stop them from calling me?
- (714) 276-0106AnaheimAnaheimI'm 75 yrs old and have trouble sleeping at night. This # called and woke me up after I'd been asleep only an hour. I rejected the call. They just kept calling back over and over and over I don't know how many times!!! Guess they were pissed because I kept rejecting the call. Needless to say I was awake and couldn't go back to sleep. This is not the the first time nor the second time this has happened!! I'm SICK of it!!!
- (714) 400-8869CalCalJerk pretended to be a good friend but he's just a junkie.
- (714) 485-8759Strainhunters420Strainhunters420Tries to sell drugs!
- (714) 705-2292TelemarketerTelemarketerThis number keeps calling our cell phone and when you answer they hang up. Sick and tired of being bothered with scam/telemarketer phone calls that don't have the decency to speak or take us off their list when we ask them to. do not need any home improvements or solor or whatever they are calling about!!!
- (714) 707-3350VerifyVerifyCalled with a code and hung up. A computerised voice. Also not long before I had a code sent from 'Telegram' and I don't even have a telegram account. Asking me to click the link. I assume they are linked. Scammers
- (714) 823-8419TomTomTold them to take me off their list for a painter, they said "well then don't answer our number"
- (714) 955-4800Orange County JailOrange County JailCalled 6 times in 1 hour.
- (714) 984-0380Prison/Jail Collect CallPrison/Jail Collect CallThese all all outright lies.
Area Codes That Start with 7
- 701Area CodeNorth Dakota, ND
- 703Area CodeVirginia, VA
- 705Area CodeInvalid
- 712Area CodeIowa, IA
- 716Area CodeNew York, NY
- 717Area CodePennsylvania, PA
- 719Area CodeColorado, CO
- 734Area CodeMichigan, MI
- 737Area CodeTexas, TX
- 740Area CodeOhio, OH
- 760Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 763Area CodeMinnesota, MN
- 773Area CodeIllinois, IL
- 779Area CodeInvalid
- 787Area CodeInvalid
Major Counties Served by 714 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 714
- % of County
Major Cities Served by 714 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 714
- % of City
- Santa Ana324,5286%98%
- Huntington Beach189,9927%99%
- Garden Grove170,8834%100%
- Buena Park80,5302%100%
- Costa Mesa109,9602%61%
- Yorba Linda64,2344%100%
- Fountain Valley55,3132%100%
- North Tustin24,9171%100%
- La Mirada48,5271%41%
- La Palma15,5680%84%
- La Habra60,2390%17%
- Midway City8,4850%100%
- Villa Park5,8120%100%
- Seal Beach24,1680%12%
- Los Alamitos11,4490%7%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 34%Pacific Bell
- 5%Verizon California-ca (gte)
- 3%Mci Worldcom, CA
- 2%Teleport Group - Los Angeles
- 2%Pac - West Telecomm
- 8%Verizon Wireless
- 3%Usa Mobility Wireless
- 2%Metropcs Networks
- 2%American Messaging (am)
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 714 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What Is the Location and Time Zone of Area Code 714?
714 is located in California and it is in the Pacific Standard Time Zone.
What Is the Origin of Area Code 714?
Area code 714 is one of the original area codes established in California in October 1947. It originally served the central Orange County region. The area code was created from portions of area code 213 and area code 415.714 is a geographically long area code, and it has been split several times to create new area codes. The first split occurred in 1954, when area code 619 was created to serve southern San Diego County. The second split occurred in 1984, when area code 805 was created to serve the coastal counties of Santa Barbara and Ventura. The third split occurred in 1992, when area code 909 was created to serve the Inland Empire.
The current area code 714 covers central Orange County, including the cities of Anaheim, Buena Park, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Orange, Santa Ana, and Tustin.
What Areas Are Serviced by Code 714?
Code 714 is a Los Angeles area code that covers many different areas of the city. If you need to know what areas are covered by Code 714, you've come to the right place.The Code 714 area includes:
If you're not sure whether your address is in a Code 714 area, you can use the handy coverage map on the Code 714 website.
Is Area Code 714 Toll Free of Charge?
In the United States, phone numbers are composed of three parts: the area code, the prefix, and the suffix. The area code is a three-digit number that identifies the geographical region where the phone number is located. The prefix is the number that is dialed before the area code, and the suffix is the number that is dialed after the area code.Some area codes are toll free, which means that callers can dial them without being charged for the call. Area code 714 is not a toll free area code. Callers in this area code are responsible for the cost of the call, regardless of which prefix they dial.
How to Spot Scams in Area Code 714？
Area code 714 is in California, and it is a popular area code. Unfortunately, this also makes it a popular target for scammers. Here are some tips to help you spot a scam in this area code.First, be aware of common scams in this area code. The most common one is the "Nigerian prince" scam. In this scam, the scammer will contact you, claiming to be a Nigerian prince who needs your help transferring money out of the country. They will promise to pay you back with interest once the money is transferred. However, this is a scam and you will not get paid.
Another common scam in this area code is the "government grant" scam. In this scam, the scammer will offer you a government grant, usually for a large amount of money. However, they will ask you to pay a processing fee or taxes before you can receive the grant. This is also a scam and you will not receive the grant.
Be aware of these and other common scams in area code 714, and be careful when dealing with anyone who contacts you from this area code. If something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
How Can I Block Unwanted Calls from Area Code 714?
There are a few ways to block unwanted calls from area code 714. One way is to use call blocker software or an app on your smartphone. Another way is to add the number to your contacts and then block it through your phone's settings. Lastly, you can use a service that specializes in blocking certain numbers. Whichever method you choose, be sure to test it out to make sure it's working correctly.