717 Area Code (Pennsylvania) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 717 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 21 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Pennsylvania.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 717
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (717) 200-4393Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterI'm getting 10 to 15 calls a day for a gift card to switch energy company's. Please stop. 717 487 5494. I have spoken with several people at the call center and they hang up on me .
- (717) 208-2054John Swift From Public RecordJohn Swift From Public Recordcontinually texts about buying rental properties, even after being told to stop texting.
- (717) 229-5358Miranda From Met LifeMiranda From Met LifeThese people are texting me saying they are going to approve. Me for a loan. I have not been looking for a loan.
- (717) 254-4263Unwanted CallUnwanted CallThey called me and asked for my decreased son's phone number. Said they had to talk to him immediately. Don't know how they got my phone if they wanted my son. I told the guy my son didn't have a phone anymore. They asked where he lived. So I told them to go up to the Poconos and look out over the cliff and into the stream, you might find some of his ashes. He hung up on me.
- (717) 255-0696SurveySurveyI have caller ID and I don't pick up the phone from callers I do not recognize.
- (717) 308-5416Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterLeft message asking " is "x*x" there., hello?" Then hangs up.
- (717) 308-8028SsiSsiunwanted call
- (717) 388-3315Ins QuoteIns QuoteCalls every few minutes
- (717) 609-8223Carlise PaCarlise PaDidn't answer but they have been calling me a ton lately.
- (717) 685-5546Annville PAAnnville PAsent a text message- message was: "hi"
- (717) 694-2432DynataDynataNo message left on answering machine
- (717) 780-6000Pa CommonwealthPa CommonwealthThis is actually a legit announcement from a Rep's office about neighborhood office hours to serve constituents, presumably in Philadelphia, based on the number given to return the call... but it's being broadcast outside the rep's district... (e.g. to Pittsburgh, which is rather too far from his neighborhood service centers). :(
- (717) 782-5378Prank CallerPrank CallerRecording of a man laughing
- (717) 835-4347Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterContacted me about buying a Craigslist Item. Strung me along for 3 weeks. What does this dork get out of this? What a waste of time!!!!!!
- (717) 868-9728TelemarketerTelemarketer1:56pm 2nd call 12:29pm 1st call.
- (717) 899-4265EmersonEmersonScammer number this man is a scammer
- (717) 922-5741TelemarketerTelemarketerMy wife received 8 calls, today. The calling is relentless.
- (717) 925-2556Altegra HealthAltegra HealthDidn't answer knew it was spam
- (717) 942-8943Political callPolitical callPolitical call
- (717) 946-9117Debt CollectorDebt CollectorAppears to be a "debt reduction"/"'free' credit reports" type company. Immediately picks up with an obviously pre-recorded response and other dialogue trying to get people to stay on the line and presumably purchase their services. Tried to redirect me to a website and another phone number, (949) 649-7997 via text message, which that number will also be reported. Was redirected to this number from another, (325) 666-4099, which has already been reported.
Area Codes That Start with 7
- 701Area CodeNorth Dakota, ND
- 704Area CodeNorth Carolina, NC
- 714Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 718Area CodeNew York, NY
- 727Area CodeFlorida, FL
- 734Area CodeMichigan, MI
- 737Area CodeTexas, TX
- 740Area CodeOhio, OH
- 754Area CodeFlorida, FL
- 760Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 773Area CodeIllinois, IL
- 774Area CodeMassachusetts, MA
- 775Area CodeNevada, NV
- 780Area CodeInvalid
- 781Area CodeMassachusetts, MA
Major Counties Served by 717 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 717
- % of County
Major Cities Served by 717 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 717
- % of City
- Colonial Park13,2290%100%
- East York8,7770%100%
- Camp Hill7,8880%100%
- Willow Street7,5780%100%
- Mount Joy7,4100%100%
- New Cumberland7,2770%100%
- Lower Allen6,6940%100%
- Red Lion6,3730%100%
- New Holland5,3780%100%
- West York4,6170%100%
- East Petersburg4,5060%100%
- New Freedom4,4640%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 8%Verizon North
- 5%Adelphia Business Solutions Of Harrisburg
- 3%Xo Services
- 3%Windstream D & E Systems
- 8%Verizon Wireless
- 3%PCS One
- 1%Usa Mobility Wireless
- 1%Schuylkill Mobile Fone
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 717 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What is Area Code 717 and Where is It Coming From?
Area code 717 is one of the original area codes established in Pennsylvania in 1947. It covers most of central and southern Pennsylvania, including the cities of Harrisburg, York, and Lancaster.The 717 area code was originally assigned to the entire state of Pennsylvania. As the population grew and the demand for phone service increased, new area codes were created to serve specific regions of the state. In 1994, the northern and western portions of the state were split off into area code 814, and the eastern portion was split off into area code 610. This left the 717 area code serving the central and southern regions of the state.
The 717 area code is coming to an end. In early 2018, the Pennsylvania Public Utilities Commission (PUC) announced that the 717 area code was running out of phone numbers. The PUC voted to split the 717 area code into two new area codes, area code 224 and area code 835. This means that the 717 area code will no longer be in use after December 31, 2018.
If you live in the 717 area code, or plan to move to central or southern Pennsylvania in the near future, you need to make sure that your phone number is in area code 224 or 835. If you have an existing phone number in the 717 area code, you will need to contact your service provider to get a new number in one of the new area codes.
For more information on the 717 area code and the upcoming split, visit the Pennsylvania Public Utilities Commission website at www.puc.state.pa.us.
What Time Zone Is Area Code 717?
Do you know what time zone Area Code 717 is in? If not, you're not alone. A lot of people don't know that there is more than one time zone in the United States!Area Code 717 is in the Eastern Time Zone. This time zone covers most of the Eastern United States, including Pennsylvania. The time in this zone is based on the time in Washington, D.C. This zone is one hour ahead of the Central Time Zone and four hours ahead of the Pacific Time Zone.
If you're in Area Code 717, the time will be based on the time in Washington, D.C. This means that the time will be the same as the time in New York City and Philadelphia. If it's noon in Washington, D.C., it will be noon in Area Code 717. If it's midnight in Washington, D.C., it will be midnight in Area Code 717.
If you're wondering what time it is in Area Code 717, just subtract one hour from the time in the time zone you're in. For example, if it's 6 p.m. in your time zone, it will be 5 p.m. in Area Code 717.
Are Calls from Area Code 717 a Scam?
Calls from area code 717 have been ringing people's phones more often lately, and some people are wondering if it's a scam. While we can't say for sure, here are a few things to keep in mind if you receive a call from this area code.First of all, it's important to note that not all calls from area code 717 are scams. In fact, many legitimate businesses and organizations use this area code. However, scam artists often use this area code to target people, since it's unfamiliar to many people. So if you receive a call from this area code, it's a good idea to be cautious and do some research before answering or giving out any personal information.
There are a few things you can do to determine if a call from area code 717 is a scam. One of the best ways to spot a scam is to listen out for any suspicious or unexpected requests. For example, a scam artist might try to trick you into giving them your personal information or money by pretending to be from a reputable company or organization. They might also ask you to do something that seems too good to be true, like win a prize or make a large purchase.
If you're not sure whether a call is a scam or not, it's always best to hang up and call the organization or business that the caller claims to be from. This will help you to confirm their legitimacy and avoid any potential scams.
So if you're ever unsure about a call, remember to use these tips to stay safe. And if you do happen to fall victim to a scam, be sure to report it to the authorities so they can take action.