718 Area Code (New York) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 718 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 11 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of New York.
New York, NY
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 718
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (718) 280-5936TelemarketerTelemarketerThis is an energy scam number claiming to be able to lower your Con Ed bill.
- (718) 388-1657Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterTHIS PERSON CALL ME AT LEAST 6 OR 7 TIME IN A DAY PLEASE STOP CALLING MY NUMBER PIECE OF S**T
- (718) 501-4473Text/SMSText/SMSCongratulations, your number made you Walmart's winner of the day! Go to http://www.walart.com.wonacontest.com to claim your prize! You have 24 hours to claim. What do they want from us, our phone number or to sell us something?
- (718) 509-9437Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterNobody there when I answered, called once before and asked for the person responsoble for the utility bill.
- (718) 524-6734Price BookPrice Bookdistrubing me
- (718) 540-9678TelemarketerTelemarketerthey keep calling, from different phone numbers each time
- (718) 553-8740Political callPolitical callPressing 1 then phone starts ringing and then gets an automated answer saying all operators are busy.
- (718) 595-3000Prank CallerPrank CallerThey tie up my phone and I am not able to use it for more then 5 minutes after they call.
- (718) 613-2600US CourtsUS CourtsCaller was calling from "U S Courts" and said, "Hi, papaw." He seemed to be calling from jail. We just hung up the phone.
- (718) 643-4050National GridNational GridNever leaving a voice message
- (718) 996-3162TelemarketerTelemarketerOpted out on the first call.
Area Codes That Start with 7
- 703Area CodeVirginia, VA
- 704Area CodeNorth Carolina, NC
- 707Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 708Area CodeIllinois, IL
- 712Area CodeIowa, IA
- 720Area CodeColorado, CO
- 724Area CodePennsylvania, PA
- 727Area CodeFlorida, FL
- 731Area CodeTennessee, TN
- 734Area CodeMichigan, MI
- 760Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 769Area CodeMississippi, MS
- 770Area CodeGeorgia, GA
- 778Area CodeInvalid
- 779Area CodeInvalid
Major Counties Served by 718 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 718
- % of County
- New York1,585,8731%8%
Major Cities Served by 718 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 718
- % of City
- New York8,175,133100%93%
- Bellerose Terrace2,1980%33%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 5%Teleport Group
- 2%Mci Worldcom
- 1%Rcn Telecom Services
- 1%Level 3
- 1%Verizon Wireless
- 1%United Cellular & Paging
- 1%Metro PCS
- 1%Broadview Networks
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 718 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What Is the Location and Time Zone of Area Code 718?
718 is a telephone area code in the boroughs of Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island in New York City. It was created on October 7, 1984, as one of the original area codes established in the North American Numbering Plan. Area code 718 is overlaid by area code 917, which was created on July 1, 1999. The area code covers the following boroughs:
Brooklyn: Brooklyn Heights, Brownsville, Bushwick, Carroll Gardens, Clinton Hill, Crown Heights, Ditmas Park, Downtown Brooklyn, Dyker Heights, East New York, Flatbush, Fort Greene, Fulton Ferry, Gerritsen Beach, Gravesend, Greenpoint, Kensington, Midwood, Park Slope, Prospect Heights, Red Hook, Seagate, Sunset Park, Windsor Terrace.
Queens: Astoria, Bayside, Bellerose, Briarwood, Broadway-Flushing, Corona, Douglaston, Elmhurst, Floral Park, Forest Hills, Fresh Meadows, Glendale, Hillcrest, Hollis, Howard Beach, Kew Gardens, Little Neck, Long Island City, Maspeth, Middle Village, Neponsit, Ozone Park, Queens Village, Rego Park, Richmond Hill, Ridgewood, Rockaway Park, Rosedale, Saint Albans, South Ozone Park, Springfield Gardens, Sunnyside, Whitestone, Woodhaven, Woodside.
Staten Island: Bloomfield, Charleston, Chelsea, Dongan Hills, Egbertville, Elm Park, Etna, Fort Wadsworth, Graniteville, Grant City, Grasmere, Grymes Hill, Hillcrest, Livingston, Mariners Harbor, New Brighton, New Dorp, New Springville, Oakwood, Ocean Breeze, Old Town, Port Richmond, Randall Manor, Rosebank, Sailors' Haven, Shore Acres, Silver Lake, South Beach, St. George, Sunnyside, Tompkinsville, West Brighton.
What Is the Origin of Area Code 718?
718 is one of the original area codes established in 1947. But what is the origin of this area code?718 was originally assigned to the Borough of Brooklyn. At the time, Brooklyn was the most populous borough in New York City, and it was also the most densely populated area in the United States.
When Brooklyn was divided into several smaller boroughs in the 1990s, 718 was assigned to cover the new borough of Queens. Today, 718 is the most populous area code in the United States.
What Areas Are Serviced by Code 718?
Code 718 is a private security firm that provides security services to businesses and individuals in the areas of Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego. What makes Code 718 different from other security firms is that they offer a wide range of security services, from armed and unarmed security guards to private investigators and K-9 units. Code 718 has a team of highly trained professionals who are experts in the security field. They are dedicated to providing their clients with the highest level of security possible, and work hard to ensure that their clients feel safe and secure.
If you are looking for a security firm that can provide you with a comprehensive security solution, Code 718 is the right choice. They provide security services to businesses and individuals in the areas of Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego, and are dedicated to providing their clients with the highest level of security possible.
Is Area Code 718 Toll Free of Charge?
Area code 718 is one of the original 20 area codes defined by AT&T in 1947. It serves the boroughs of Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island in New York City.Some people are under the mistaken impression that 718 is a toll-free area code. This is not the case. Calls within the 718 area code are charged the same as calls in any other area code.
There are a few toll-free area codes in the United States, including 800, 888, 877, and 866. If you need to call someone in one of these area codes, you can do so toll-free by dialing 1-800, 1-888, 1-877, or 1-866 followed by the phone number.
How to Spot Scams in Area Code 718？
Area code 718 is one of the most scam-ridden areas in the country, and it's important to be aware of the various scams that are being run in order to protect yourself. Here are a few of the most common scams that are being run in 718: 1. The phony IRS call. This is one of the most common scams in the area, and it involves someone calling you and pretending to be from the IRS. They will tell you that you owe money and that you need to pay it right away or you will be arrested. Of course, this is all a scam and you should never pay any money to someone who calls you out of the blue like this.
2. The utility bill scam. This scam is run by criminals who pretend to be from your utility company. They will tell you that you owe money for your utilities and that you need to pay it right away. Again, this is a scam and you should never give any money to someone who calls you about your utility bill.
3. The sweepstakes scam. This scam is run by criminals who call you and tell you that you have won a prize. They will ask you to send money in order to claim your prize, but of course, this is all a scam and you will never receive any prize.
4. The visa scam. This scam is run by criminals who call you and offer you a visa. They will tell you that you need to pay them money in order to get the visa, but of course, this is all a scam and you will never receive the visa.
If you are in 718, be on the lookout for these scams and never give any money to someone who calls you out of the blue.
How Can I Block Unwanted Calls from Area Code 718?
area code 718 is a known source of unsolicited calls for many people. If you're tired of receiving calls from this area code, there are a few things you can do to block them.The first step is to identify the number that's calling you. If you don't have caller ID, you can ask your friends or family members if they have Caller ID and who the call is from. Once you have the number, you can block it on your phone.
Depending on your phone, you may be able to block calls by going to the settings menu. Under "Call Settings" or "Incoming Calls," you should see an option to block calls from a certain area code or area codes. If you don't see this option, you can try a third-party app to block calls from this area code.
There are a number of different apps that can block calls, and many of them are free to download. One popular app is Mr. Number, which allows you to block calls and texts from specific numbers, area codes, and countries.
If you're having trouble with unwanted calls from area code 718, take some time to block them. This will help you to avoid the nuisance calls and get on with your day.