747 Area Code (California) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 747 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 9 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of California.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 747
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (747) 221-3675TelemarketerTelemarketerThis call is one that says they have some information about me.
- (747) 221-9145800 Notes800 NotesRobocall no answer
- (747) 225-6211Text/SMSText/SMSTexted me with the name of my pastor at the end, requesting I text him back.
- (747) 258-9478TelemarketerTelemarketerStarted out saying i may qualify for ssdi , then transfered me to another line supposedly in Texas, that seemed to be a brokerage for life insurance
- (747) 294-4348BS-ErBS-ErFL spammers day this Tuesday....
- (747) 322-4486I was given no opportunity to decline participation.
- (747) 322-5197Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterGuy asked if I lived at my address and ask if this was my name then hung up. I was expecting a call so I answered .
- (747) 322-5638They Claim To Be "CAC Services"They Claim To Be "CAC Services"Claim to owe money but I would not give them my info
- (747) 999-7381Text Mobile, Claiming Activity On Chase Bank.Text Mobile, Claiming Activity On Chase Bank.Received text: CITIZENS BANK : Dear customer, We noticed an unusual activity on your online access. Kindly verify your identity at https://######### to regain access. *BLOCKED*
Area Codes That Start with 7
- 704Area CodeNorth Carolina, NC
- 705Area CodeInvalid
- 712Area CodeIowa, IA
- 713Area CodeTexas, TX
- 714Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 740Area CodeOhio, OH
- 754Area CodeFlorida, FL
- 757Area CodeVirginia, VA
- 769Area CodeMississippi, MS
- 773Area CodeIllinois, IL
- 774Area CodeMassachusetts, MA
- 775Area CodeNevada, NV
- 778Area CodeInvalid
- 780Area CodeInvalid
- 787Area CodeInvalid
Major Counties Served by 747 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 747
- % of County
- Los Angeles9,818,60595%12%
Major Cities Served by 747 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 747
- % of City
- Los Angeles3,792,62137%44%
- San Fernando23,6450%100%
- Agoura Hills20,3301%100%
- La Ca20,2461%100%
- La Crescenta-Montrose19,6531%100%
- Oak Park13,8111%100%
- Westlake Village8,2701%100%
- Bell Canyon2,0491%100%
- Hidden Hills1,8560%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 14%Level 3
- 10%Peerless Network
- 7%Time Warner Cbl Info Svcs (ca) DBAtime Warner Cbl
- 3%Mci Worldcom, CA
- 3%Verizon Wireless
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 747 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What is Area Code 747 and Where is It Coming From?
What is Area Code 747 and Where is It Coming From?Area code 747 is a new area code that will be added to the area codes list in California in 2019. This area code will serve the San Fernando Valley and the Santa Clarita Valley.
The 747 area code was created to meet the increasing demand for phone numbers in the San Fernando Valley and the Santa Clarita Valley. These two areas have been growing rapidly and the current area codes are becoming increasingly overloaded.
The 747 area code will be split from the 213 area code, which is currently the area code for the San Fernando Valley and the Santa Clarita Valley. The 213 area code will continue to serve the downtown Los Angeles area.
The 747 area code will be the fourth area code in the Los Angeles area. The 310 area code serves the west side of Los Angeles, the 323 area code serves the east side of Los Angeles, and the 661 area code serves the northern part of Los Angeles County.
The 747 area code will be implemented in 2019. In the meantime, you can dial 1-213-747-0000 to reach someone in the San Fernando Valley or the Santa Clarita Valley.
What Time Zone Is Area Code 747?
Area code 747 is located in the Pacific Standard Time Zone. This time zone is in effect during the winter months, when daylight savings time is not in effect.
Are Calls from Area Code 747 a Scam?
Are calls from Area Code 747 a scam?Some people are saying that calls from Area Code 747 are a scam. But is that really the case? Or are people just jumping to conclusions?
Here's the thing: Area Code 747 is located in California, and according to the FCC, "area code 747 is being assigned to overlay area codes 213 and 323 in the Los Angeles metropolitan area."
So what does that mean?
Well, it means that people who are living in the Los Angeles metropolitan area will now have to dial 1 plus the area code to make a call, even if the person they're trying to reach is in the same area code.
And that, of course, has led to some confusion.
People are wondering why they're getting calls from Area Code 747 when they're not even in California. And some are assuming that the calls must be a scam.
But is that really the case?
It's more likely that the calls are coming from someone who is living in the Los Angeles metropolitan area and that they're just using Area Code 747 because it's the new area code for their area.
So if you're getting calls from Area Code 747, don't assume that they're a scam. Just answer the call and see who is on the other end. Chances are, it's just someone who is trying to reach you.
What Area Does Code 747 Serve?
Area code 747 covers parts of the San Fernando Valley and the Westside of Los Angeles. It was created in July 1997 as an overlay to area codes 213 and 310.
Is Area Code 747 Toll Free?
Area code 747 is a toll-free area code in the United States. It was assigned on February 3, 1995, as an overlay to area code 818 in the Los Angeles metropolitan area.
How to Block Calls from Area Code 747?
Area code 747 is a scam area code. Do not answer calls from this area code. If you do answer, do not provide any personal information. You can block calls from this area code by following these steps: 1) Open the Phone app
2) Tap on the three dots in the upper right corner
3) Tap on “Settings”
4) Tap on “Call Blocking”
5) Tap on “Add New”
6) Enter the phone number of the person you want to block calls from
7) Tap on “Create”