762 Area Code (Georgia) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 762 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 6 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Georgia.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 762
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (762) 208-4693Says They Are With Verizon WirelessSays They Are With Verizon WirelessCalling at randim. Don't know who.
- (762) 233-9210Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterDjuana Arvie is the person who's acct my Zelle deposit of $350 for a puppy ended up . They gave me an address to come pick him up after I said I would drive rather than have them board the pup on a flight. I checked out the address in Atlanta and it was listed for sale. I called the realtor on the listing and she said it's a scam. The company was listed as playfulschnauzerpuppies.com I should have researched first. Totally my fault for falling for this scam.
- (762) 243-2004Potential SpamPotential SpamScam.. pure scam do not answer
- (762) 245-2041Apple Help SupportApple Help SupportCall says "I cloud account problem and to call 855-218-9579 for support".
- (762) 383-0311Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterCalling supposedly to solicit funds for wounded law enforcement officers. I'm Law enforcement and this is a scam I've told them before don't call me anymore.
- (762) 383-2983Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterShe called said there was a delivery & the driver couldn't find my hse
Area Codes That Start with 7
- 703Area CodeVirginia, VA
- 704Area CodeNorth Carolina, NC
- 713Area CodeTexas, TX
- 714Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 715Area CodeWisconsin, WI
- 716Area CodeNew York, NY
- 717Area CodePennsylvania, PA
- 718Area CodeNew York, NY
- 725Area CodeNevada, NV
- 734Area CodeMichigan, MI
- 765Area CodeIndiana, IN
- 769Area CodeMississippi, MS
- 773Area CodeIllinois, IL
- 774Area CodeMassachusetts, MA
- 779Area CodeInvalid
Major Counties Served by 762 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 762
- % of County
Major Cities Served by 762 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 762
- % of City
- Cusseta-Chattahoochee County11,2672%100%
- Fort Oglethorpe9,2630%100%
- Chattanooga Valley3,8460%100%
- West Point3,4740%100%
- Hannahs Mill3,2980%100%
- Reed Creek2,6040%99%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 7%Sbc Internet Services
- 7%Southern Bell Tel &
- 5%Teleport Atlanta
- 2%Us Lec
- 16%Verizon Wireless
- 9%Powertel Atlanta Licenses
- 5%Metro PCS
- 2%Smart PCS
- 2%Sbc Internet Services
- 2%Public Service Wireless Services
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 762 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What is Area Code 762 and Where is It Coming From?
Area code 762 was created on October 1, 1998, as a split from area code 404. It covers the northwestern corner of Georgia, including the cities of Dalton, Rome, and Calhoun. The 762 area code is the result of Georgia's rapid population growth in the second half of the 20th century. In 1950, the entire state had fewer than 2 million residents. But by 2000, that number had more than doubled, to over 4.6 million. To accommodate this growth, the Georgia Public Service Commission (PSC) created three new area codes in 1998: 478, 678, and 762.
The 762 area code is currently projected to run out of phone numbers by 2020. In response, the PSC is considering a number of options, including splitting the 762 area code into two or three new area codes, or consolidating it with one or more of the surrounding area codes.
What Time Zone Is Area Code 762?
What time zone is area code 762? Area code 762 is in the Eastern Standard Time Zone. This zone is six hours ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC−06:00).
Are Calls from Area Code 762 a Scam?
Are Calls from Area Code 762 a Scam?There's been a lot of talk lately about calls from area code 762 being a scam. But is that really the case? Are all calls from this area code a scam, or are there specific things you need to look out for?
In most cases, it's probably best to avoid answering calls from this area code altogether. However, if you do happen to answer one, there are a few things you can watch out for.
First, be suspicious of any callers who ask for personal information like your Social Security number or bank account details. Legitimate businesses will not ask for this information over the phone, so if someone does, it's probably best to hang up.
Also, be careful about any offers that seem too good to be true. If a caller promises to give you a free gift or make you a lot of money, it's probably a scam. So again, it's best to just hang up.
Finally, remember that you can always hang up the phone and call the company back to verify that the call was legitimate. If you're not sure whether a call is a scam or not, don't hesitate to ask someone you trust for help.
What Area Does Code 762 Serve?
If you're looking for information on what Code 762 is, you've come to the right place! In this blog post, we'll provide an overview of what this code represents, as well as some of the areas it serves.Code 762 is a California state code that deals with the regulation of alcoholic beverages. This code is also responsible for the enforcement of laws and ordinances related to alcohol sales, service, and consumption.
The Code 762 area serves a number of different regions in California, including the Bay Area, the Central Coast, and the Sacramento Valley. Some of the municipalities and counties that are served by this code include:
-Contra Costa County
-San Benito County
-San Francisco County
-San Joaquin County
-San Mateo County
-Santa Clara County
If you're looking for information on Code 762 or need help with a liquor-related issue, contact your local Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) office.
Is Area Code 762 Toll Free?
No, Area Code 762 is not toll free. Calls within this area code are charged at a per-minute rate depending on the location you are calling from.
How to Block Calls from Area Code 762?
Are you getting calls from area code 762? If you are, you may want to block those calls. Here's how to do it:First, you'll need to download a call blocker app. There are a number of apps available, both free and paid. Once you've installed the app, open it and add area code 762 to the list of numbers that you want to block.
If you don't want to install an app, you can also block calls from area code 762 by adding the number to your phone's blacklist. To do this, open your phone's settings and find the call blocking or blacklisting feature. Add area code 762 to the list of numbers you want to block.
Whichever method you choose, make sure to add all the numbers you want to block from area code 762, not just the number that's calling you. That way, you'll be sure to block all calls from that area code.