805 Area Code (California) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 805 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 18 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of California.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 805
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (805) 200-5033Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterI just receive a SMS about I received a 500$ and wait for a transfer....
- (805) 248-7662ScamScamCalled tonight, offering me a refund from Microsoft as they are stopping my security service. These Turds from India just keep calling all the time, sometimes its for credit card interest rates, car repair, laptop virous bugs, what ever. Now I just waist as much of their day as possible, then they like to start cussing, I ask them if they talk to their mother and sister like that! They need to charge them $50.00 for each call into the USA, then these calls might stop!!
- (805) 250-1085SurveySurveyI received a text "confirming" my $300+ purchase and to call this number to cancel. Will not be calling back as there is not purchase
- (805) 293-4133UnknownUnknownscammers
- (805) 327-0536UnnamedUnnamedUnwanted unnamed caller, and my phone number is on the Donot Call Registry, and please report to FCC and FTC
- (805) 342-0689UnknownUnknownI NEVER ANSWER THEY NEVER LEAVE A MESSAGE. THEY CALL ME ALL DAY EVERYDAY! SAYS THEY ARE IN OXNARD CA AND MY ROBOKILLER SAYS ITS A DEBT COLLECTOR.
- (805) 364-2266Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterI just reached out after a month of debating whether or not this was legit. I called yesterday and got a delayed voicemail which was odd. Today when I called, the recording of his voice now read out a number that didn't match the number I called. It made me search the club again, the first time not much came up, and I stumbled across this thread. He goes by James Carlson. 8582550040
- (805) 395-3046Robocaller / Unlawful Telemarketer / PredatorRobocaller / Unlawful Telemarketer / PredatorRepeated and harassing calls without leaving any info
- (805) 472-4626Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterThis number texted me, as well as another employee. He (assuming it's a HE) knew my name and pretended to be my company CEO, who he also knew by name. He asked me to go down to the grocery store and buy eBay gift cards for clients. Funny thing is that I was sitting next to my CEO in a meeting when I got the text. I played along but I think he figured it out.
- (805) 517-4362PennymacPennymacThey say they are associated with PennyMac and they are not. Harrassing me about buying a home and i already own a home. Dudes name was Omar. Wish it would stop
- (805) 617-0115UnknownUnknownHave called my phone several times and says nothing then hang up
- (805) 626-7058Scott DownsScott DownsStates it was PayPal This e-mail is to inform you that you have paid $605.10 from your wallet. This payment was made to Binance Holdings Ltd. on account of Bitcoin trading
- (805) 637-7234UnknownUnknownKeeps callings
- (805) 637-7249TmobilTmobilPeople here apparently do not understand how voicemail works. Anyone CALLING YOU using this number should be ignored as it is easy to spoof a phone number. Heck, people have gotten calls by people pretending to have the same number as they do. This is the number used to store your voicemail. OF COURSE IT GOT INTERCEPTED; it's because unless you do not set up a VM box, it will always go to voicemail, which is this number or 805-637-7249 or 805-637-7243. People here who press 1 or call/access VM by calling 123: Call your voicemail, then hang up and check your call. It will say that you called this 805 number. https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/self-service-short-codes **61*18056377243**seconds# Change call forwarding delay time. Choose a 5, 10, 15, up to a 30-second delay. For example, dialing **61*18056377243**10# would be a 10-second delay.
- (805) 637-7343Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterI've been getting calls from this number for a few months. They usually come in the middle of the night, like 2 am. Would love to block this number.
- (805) 637-7456Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterIt's connected on my phone on a new number and Sim card
- (805) 681-4200Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterCalled twice, on Saturday @ 3:47 and 4:08. Didn't answer those. But 3rd time they called they left a message, telling us to call back to set up a Grizzly Academy action. Know this is not how the Grizzly works.
- (805) 796-4635SurveySurveyI verified on the National Do Not Call Registry website that my number has been on the list for quite some time and is still on the list.
Area Codes That Start with 8
- 800Area CodeInvalid
- 801Area CodeUtah, UT
- 804Area CodeVirginia, VA
- 808Area CodeHawaii, HI
- 814Area CodePennsylvania, PA
- 815Area CodeIllinois, IL
- 816Area CodeMissouri, MO
- 832Area CodeTexas, TX
- 844Area CodeInvalid
- 858Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 862Area CodeNew Jersey, NJ
- 864Area CodeSouth Carolina, SC
- 866Area CodeInvalid
- 870Area CodeArkansas, AR
- 877Area CodeInvalid
Major Counties Served by 805 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 805
- % of County
- Santa Barbara423,89537%98%
- San Luis Obispo269,63736%100%
Major Cities Served by 805 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 805
- % of City
- Simi Valley124,2370%99%
- Thousand Oaks126,6831%95%
- San Buenaventura (Ventura)106,4330%100%
- Santa Maria99,5530%100%
- Santa Barbara88,4100%100%
- San Luis Obispo45,1190%100%
- El Paso de Robles (Paso Robles)29,7930%100%
- Santa Paula29,3210%100%
- Isla Vista23,0960%100%
- Port Hueneme21,7230%100%
- Arroyo Grande17,2520%100%
- Los Osos14,2760%100%
- Grover Beach13,1560%100%
- Morro Bay10,2340%100%
- Pismo Beach7,6550%100%
- El Rio7,1980%100%
- Mira Monte6,8540%100%
- Vandenberg Village6,4970%100%
- Santa Ynez4,4180%100%
- Oak View4,0660%100%
- Mission Hills3,5760%100%
- Meiners Oaks3,5710%100%
- Vandenberg AFB3,3380%100%
- Santa Rosa Valley3,3340%100%
- Casa Conejo3,2490%100%
- Channel Islands Beach3,1030%100%
- Lake Nacimiento2,4110%100%
- Mission Canyon2,3810%100%
- San Miguel2,3360%100%
- Los Alamos1,8900%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 20%Verizon California-ca (gte)
- 17%Pacific Bell
- 6%Pac - West Telecomm
- 4%Tw Telecom
- 2%Us Telepacific
- 2%Pacific Bell - Clec
- 9%Verizon Wireless
- 1%American Messaging (am)
- 1%The Telephone Connection Of Los Angeles
- 1%American Messaging Services
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 805 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What Is the Location and Time Zone of Area Code 805?
805 is a California area code. The 805 area code covers the Central Coast, from Santa Barbara County to Monterey County. The 805 area code is also used for Pismo Beach, Guadalupe, Buellton, and other locations in Santa Barbara County.
What Is the Origin of Area Code 805?
805 is a California area code, first assigned in 1953. It covers the southwestern portion of the state, including the counties of Santa Barbara, Ventura, and San Luis Obispo.The 805 area code was originally assigned to the entire state of California. However, as the state's population grew, it became necessary to split the area code into smaller segments. In 1957, the 805 area code was split, with the southern portion going to the new 213 area code, and the northern portion retaining the 805 code.
The 805 area code has remained in use ever since, despite the increasing popularity of cell phones and other portable devices. This is due, in part, to the fact that 805 is one of the few area codes that still cover a large geographical area.
What Areas Are Serviced by Code 805?
Areas that are serviced by Code 805 vary. However, the focus of this code is on unincorporated areas. This means that it can provide services to residents who live in rural communities, agricultural areas, and other places that are not within the jurisdiction of a city or town.One common service that is provided by Code 805 is trash collection. This code can also provide other services, such as street maintenance and snow removal. In some cases, it can even provide emergency services.
If you are not sure whether or not Code 805 services your area, you can contact your local county government. They will be able to tell you whether or not this code is responsible for providing services in your area.
Is Area Code 805 Toll Free of Charge?
Yes, area code 805 is toll free of charge. Calls to 805 are free regardless of location, and there is no need to include the area code when dialing 805 numbers from within the 805 area code.
How to Spot Scams in Area Code 805？
805 area code scams are becoming more and more common. Here are a few tips to help you protect yourself from becoming a victim.1. Be suspicious of unsolicited calls, emails, or text messages.
If you receive a call, email, or text message from someone you don't know, be suspicious. Scammers often try to rush you into making a decision, so it's important to take your time and evaluate the offer.
2. Do your research.
Before giving away your personal information or money, do your research. Check with the Better Business Bureau to see if the company is reputable, and search for reviews online.
3. Be wary of high-pressure sales tactics.
Scammers will often try to pressure you into making a decision. Don't let them rush you- take your time and make sure the offer is legitimate.
4. Guard your personal information.
Don't give out your personal information to people you don't know. This includes your Social Security number, credit card number, and bank account information.
5. Report any suspicious activity.
If you think you may have been scammed, report it to the FTC.
How Can I Block Unwanted Calls from Area Code 805?
If you're getting calls from area code 805 and you don't know who it is, you may want to block them. Here's how to do it: 1. Open the Phone app and tap on the three horizontal lines in the top left corner.
2. Tap on "Settings" and then "Call Blocking."
3. Tap on "add number" and enter the number you want to block.
You can also block calls from a specific area code by adding it to your contact list and then selecting "block caller."