814 Area Code (Pennsylvania) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 814 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 7 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Pennsylvania.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 814
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (814) 230-9300Text/SMSText/SMSThe message is recorded at first.
- (814) 246-3839Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterNo message left and no name left in caller ID
- (814) 372-6047Insurance QuotesInsurance QuotesContinues to call numerous times within a 2 minute time span every day. No message is ever left.
- (814) 414-0664Tylor DillmanTylor DillmanLeft a 5 minute voice-mail of dead air
- (814) 479-8398Political callPolitical callCalls frequently and never leave a message. If it's important they would leave a message.
- (814) 642-4128UnknownUnknownName : Michael E Hinkle Landline : 4235741612 Cell Phone : no Address : 301 Carol Hill Dr, Blountville, TN 37617 Social Security Number : 9730 Date Of Birth : 09/22/1958 Mother's Maiden Name: Elrbridge Email : No Sec Signer : County : Drivers License : Last Job : truck driver Social issuing state : House: Own Retired Card: Old Navy Expiration Date: 05/2024 Card Number : 4479-9518-8950-1944 Cvc: 586 Balance: 111.38 Available: 2,388 Last Payment: Due Payment: 29 june 27 Interest Rate: fico : 734 Card: Discover Expiration Date: 03/2027 Card Number: 6011-0067-5491-9083 Cvc: 525 A-001 X-73865 Balance: 3,216.27 Available: 9,784
- (814) 876-8602UnknownUnknownThis caller sounds like an elderly lady who calls multiple times per day,but probably is not a real person at all. A message is always left on my phone urgently wanting me to call back about a virus detected on my computer that needs urgent attention. I am sure it is a scam.
Area Codes That Start with 8
- 800Area CodeInvalid
- 802Area CodeVermont, VT
- 805Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 812Area CodeIndiana, IN
- 816Area CodeMissouri, MO
- 817Area CodeTexas, TX
- 819Area CodeInvalid
- 832Area CodeTexas, TX
- 847Area CodeIllinois, IL
- 850Area CodeFlorida, FL
- 857Area CodeMassachusetts, MA
- 858Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 862Area CodeNew Jersey, NJ
- 870Area CodeArkansas, AR
- 888Area CodeInvalid
Major Counties Served by 814 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 814
- % of County
Major Cities Served by 814 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 814
- % of City
- State College42,0340%100%
- St. Marys13,0701%100%
- Oil City10,5570%100%
- Park Forest Village9,6600%100%
- Northwest Harborcreek8,9490%100%
- North East4,2940%100%
- Lawrence Park3,9820%100%
- Treasure Lake3,8610%100%
- Northern Cambria3,8350%100%
- Union City3,3200%100%
- Lake City3,0310%100%
- Pleasant Gap2,8790%100%
- Cambridge Springs2,5950%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 14%Verizon North
- 3%Level 3
- 6%Verizon Wireless
- 1%Buffalo-lake Erie Wireless Systems
- 1%Usa Mobility Wireless
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 814 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What Is the Location and Time Zone of Area Code 814?
The location and time zone of area code 814 are in the Eastern Standard Time Zone.
What Is the Origin of Area Code 814?
Area code 814 is one of the original 86 area codes created by AT&T in 1947. It covers the western and north-central parts of Pennsylvania, including the cities of Altoona, Erie, and Johnstown.The 814 area code was originally assigned to the western and north-central part of the state, including the cities of Pittsburgh, Erie, and Johnstown. It was one of the original 86 area codes created by AT&T in 1947.
The 814 area code has seen several changes over the years. In 1954, it was split to create the 724 area code. In 1997, it was split again to create the 814 area code. In 2001, it was overlaid with the 570 area code.
Today, the 814 area code is still in use, and it is one of the few area codes in the country that has not been split or overlaid.
What Areas Are Serviced by Code 814?
Are you looking for a Code 814 area service? If so, you've come to the right place! Our service areas include: - Residential and Commercial Cleaning
- Office Cleaning
- Janitorial Services
- Carpet Cleaning
- Furniture Cleaning
- Window Washing
- Move-in/Move-out Cleaning
Our experienced and professional staff are here to help you with your specific needs. We're always happy to answer any questions you may have, so please don't hesitate to contact us!
Is Area Code 814 Toll Free of Charge?
Is Area Code 814 Toll Free of Charge?There is some debate over whether or not area code 814 is a toll-free area code. Some people say that it is, while others maintain that it is not. So, which is it?
At the moment, it appears that there is no definitive answer. Some people claim that they have been charged for calls to area code 814, while others say they have not. There seems to be no clear consensus on the issue.
This can be a bit confusing for people, as they may not know whether or not they should expect to be charged for calls to area code 814. Unfortunately, there is no definitive answer to this question.
It is worth noting, however, that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) does have regulations in place regarding what constitutes a toll-free area code. According to these regulations, only area codes that begin with 800, 888, 877, or 866 are considered toll-free.
So, if you are wondering if you will be charged for a call to area code 814, the answer is unfortunately that it depends. It all depends on the specific carrier that you are using and the policies of that carrier.
At the end of the day, it is best to contact your carrier to find out whether or not you will be charged for calls to area code 814. This is the only way to know for sure.
How to Spot Scams in Area Code 814？
Area code 814 is a large area code in Pennsylvania. Because of its size, it's also a popular target for scammers. If you're living in or visiting 814, it's important to know how to spot a scam.One of the most common scams in 814 is the lottery scam. In this scam, the scammer will contact you and tell you that you've won a large sum of money in the lottery. They'll ask you to pay a processing fee or taxes before you can collect the prize. However, the lottery doesn't exist - the prize is just a way to scam you out of your money.
Another common scam in 814 is the advance fee scam. In this scam, the scammer will ask you to pay them a fee in order to receive a large sum of money. However, the money never arrives. This scam is often used to steal money from people who are trying to start a business.
There are also many scams targeting seniors in 814. One common scam is the grandparent scam. In this scam, the scammer will call a senior and pretend to be their grandchild. They'll ask for money in order to help them out of a financial crisis. Another common scam is the medical alert scam. In this scam, the scammer will call a senior and say that they need to purchase a medical alert device. They'll ask the senior to send them money, and once the money is sent, the scammer disappears.
If you're living in or visiting 814, it's important to be aware of these scams. By knowing how to spot a scam, you can protect yourself from being scammed.
How Can I Block Unwanted Calls from Area Code 814?
Area code 814 is a toll free area code in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania. It was one of the original area codes established in 1947. The 814 area code covers all of north-central Pennsylvania, including the cities of Altoona, Clearfield, Erie, Johnstown, and State College.If you're receiving calls from area code 814 that you don't want to receive, there are a couple of things you can do to block them. One option is to add the number to your blacklist. This will prevent the number from calling you, and it will also block any calls from that number that come through to your voicemail.
Another option is to use a call blocker app. These apps allow you to block specific numbers or area codes, and they also provide caller ID features so that you can see who is calling before you answer. There are a number of different call blocker apps available, so you can choose the one that best meets your needs.
Blocking calls from area code 814 is a great way to reduce the amount of spam calls you receive. By using one of the methods described above, you can quickly and easily block these calls and get back to your life.