815 Area Code (Illinois) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 815 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 11 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Illinois.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 815
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (815) 209-9809Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterActual Phone # in email received was: 1 - ( 815 ) - ( 209 ) - 0885 I do NOT use Norton 360 and NEVER have! Definitely some type of SCAM! from: Loba Lashbrnik <[email protected]> to: [email protected] bcc: ***********@gmail.com date: Dec 15, 2021, 6:56 AM subject: Invoice ID JBVV12152021 YJG mailed-by: gmail.com signed-by: gmail.com security: Standard encryption (TLS) Learn more : Important according to Google magic.
- (815) 234-0320UnknownUnknownAnnoying. I get calls everycouple of weeks.
- (815) 240-3331FaxFaxThey are making a recorded message, ignoring his request not to call.
- (815) 242-3194Car WarrantiesCar WarrantiesThis is at least the second call from this same number, 605 252-5737, that I have received.
- (815) 242-3594Political callPolitical callThis number is calling me every day, sometimes twice a day.
- (815) 249-4035Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterRobo call-says collecting donations for Police. Constant call from it sometimes 4 times a day. Will not stop.
- (815) 255-8112Quick Loans AmericaQuick Loans AmericaPretend to be a loan officer
- (815) 268-9118UnknownUnknownThey keep calling and harassing me
- (815) 386-8494Text/SMSText/SMSSecond phone call from these scammers.� They hang up when I ask to be put on their do not call list.� Please put these scammers out of business.
- (815) 390-3238Braidwood, ILBraidwood, ILcalls every day asking for someone different
- (815) 825-4661Guitar CenterGuitar CenterThis number called stating that they were from Musician's friend. They had my name, product history, etc. Spoke with the guy on the phone for a few minutes about gear, didn't ask for any personal information, just wanted to know if I was happy with my order. I then called the number directly from Musician's Friend's website and spoke to another agent who was able to see that I did speak with an agent named Cole only a few minutes prior. It appears to be legitimate, albeit a bit strange.
Area Codes That Start with 8
- 808Area CodeHawaii, HI
- 816Area CodeMissouri, MO
- 828Area CodeNorth Carolina, NC
- 843Area CodeSouth Carolina, SC
- 844Area CodeInvalid
- 845Area CodeNew York, NY
- 847Area CodeIllinois, IL
- 850Area CodeFlorida, FL
- 856Area CodeNew Jersey, NJ
- 859Area CodeKentucky, KY
- 862Area CodeNew Jersey, NJ
- 863Area CodeFlorida, FL
- 866Area CodeInvalid
- 872Area CodeIllinois, IL
- 886Area CodeInvalid
Major Counties Served by 815 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 815
- % of County
- Jo Daviess22,6785%100%
Major Cities Served by 815 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 815
- % of City
- Crystal Lake40,7430%97%
- New Lenox24,3940%100%
- Loves Park23,9960%100%
- Machesney Park23,4990%100%
- Crest Hill20,8370%100%
- Frankfort Square9,2760%100%
- Rock Falls9,2660%100%
- South Beloit7,8920%100%
- Spring Grove5,7780%99%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 17%Frontier North
- 5%Level 3
- 4%Aero North
- 4%Essex Telcom
- 2%Mediacom Telephony
- 5%Verizon Wireless
- 3%United States Cellular -
- 1%Usa Mobility Wireless
- 1%Illinois Valley Cellular Rsa 2-i Partnership
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 815 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What is Area Code 815 and Where is It Coming From?
Area code 815 is one of the original area codes established in Illinois in 1947. It covers the northwestern corner of the state, including the cities of Rockford, DeKalb, and Dixon.The 815 area code is particularly interesting because it has seen several changes in its coverage area over the years. It originally covered all of Rockford and DeKalb, but was later split in half to create the 309 area code. In 2001, 815 once again expanded to cover the entire Rockford metropolitan area.
So why is 815's coverage area changing again?
The 815 area code is running out of phone numbers. The North American Numbering Plan Administration (NANPA) has determined that the 815 area code will be exhausted by the end of 2019. This means that new phone numbers in the 815 area code will no longer be available.
To address this issue, the 815 area code will be split into two area codes – 815 and 224. The 815 area code will cover the northwestern corner of Illinois, and the 224 area code will cover the rest of the state.
This change will take effect on October 21, 2019. After that date, all new phone numbers in Illinois will be assigned to the 224 area code.
If you're in the 815 area code, don't worry – your phone number is not going to change. But if you're planning to move to Illinois or start a business in the state, you'll need to make sure you use the 224 area code.
For more information on the 815 and 224 area codes, visit the NANPA website.
What Time Zone Is Area Code 815?
The area code 815 is located in the Central time zone. This time zone is five hours behind Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) and is used in the following states: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
Are Calls from Area Code 815 a Scam?
Are Calls from Area Code 815 a Scam?It can be hard to tell whether or not a call is a scam, especially when the caller is from an unfamiliar area code. If you've been getting a lot of calls from someone with an 815 area code, you may be wondering if they're a scammer.
First of all, it's important to know that not all calls from 815 are scams. There are plenty of legitimate businesses and individuals in that area code. However, scammers do sometimes use area codes like 815 to make it seem like they're calling from a local number.
So how can you tell if a call is a scam? There are a few things you can look for. For example, if the caller asks for personal information like your Social Security number or bank account details, it's probably a scam. Additionally, if the caller tries to rush you into making a decision or gets angry when you don't comply, that's a red flag too.
If you're not sure whether or not a call is a scam, it's always best to hang up and call the company or individual back using the number you know to be legitimate. That way, you can be sure you're not getting scammed.
What Area Does Code 815 Serve?
In the area of code 815, what services are provided?Code 815 is used to provide a variety of services, including emergency medical services, firefighting, and law enforcement. This code is also used to provide other essential services to the community, such as public works and parks and recreation.
Is Area Code 815 Toll Free?
It's a question that a lot of people have been wondering lately – is area code 815 toll free?The short answer is no – 815 is not a toll free area code. But that doesn't mean that there aren't still a lot of great reasons to call 815!
For one, the 815 area code covers a lot of great territory – including parts of Illinois, Wisconsin, and Iowa. So if you're looking for a great local area code, 815 is a great option.
And even though it's not toll free, 815 is still a great option for calling long distance. That's because the 815 area code has some of the lowest rates in the country.
So if you're looking for a great local or long distance area code, 815 is a great option. Thanks for reading!
How to Block Calls from Area Code 815?
If you're getting calls from someone with an 815 area code, you may want to block them. Here's how to do it: First, open the Phone app and tap on the Menu button in the top-left corner. Then, select Settings and choose Call Blocking & Identification.
Under Incoming Calls, tap on the Blocked Contacts tab. Then, tap on the plus button in the top-right corner and enter the phone number of the person you want to block.
Finally, tap on the Save button in the top-right corner. The person will now be blocked from calling you.