816 Area Code (Missouri) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 816 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 8 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Missouri.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 816
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (816) 239-8551Prison/Jail Collect CallPrison/Jail Collect CallUS Pharmacy has been calling me from a variety of numbers, including 000-000-0000 and 634-169-3874.
- (816) 272-1994Allegedly Holiday InnAllegedly Holiday InnContinue to get calls from this number but they never leave a message. I have received one call daily over the last week.
- (816) 395-2222Blue Cross Blue Shield Of Kansas CityBlue Cross Blue Shield Of Kansas CityI am a subscriber. I get numerous calls per day from them telling me about my benefits. The last straw was a call at 2:00am reminding me of my benefits during social isolation. I have called and requested my number be removed from these calls.
- (816) 435-1000Oakmark FundOakmark FundThe caller, a man voice, termed his number as private tell #, gave me company's number to call during working hours. the man called on 03/09/2022 @11:14 AM
- (816) 942-4732Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterHe said he is from Optimum. He kept reminding me about our last phone call which I have no recollection of. I was told I received a discount on my cable boxes and now that discount is over and I need to send over $300.00 to pay for these boxes... WHAT? If this is legit, then my ambien took control, but I doubt that. This is a HOAX
- (816) 974-7395Belton, MOBelton, MOThat's now owned by an "escort" that is demonstrably just a p**s poor liar trying to scam lonely fellas. Don't ask me how I know that. ;)
- (816) 974-9049SurveySurveyI have never contacted any security company in my lifetime.
- (816) 974-9287Escort ServiceEscort ServiceEscort who isn't an escort, bad English, has been texting me for days begging for money and offering me s*x. Disgusting animals
Area Codes That Start with 8
- 804Area CodeVirginia, VA
- 813Area CodeFlorida, FL
- 814Area CodePennsylvania, PA
- 815Area CodeIllinois, IL
- 818Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 830Area CodeTexas, TX
- 833Area CodeInvalid
- 843Area CodeSouth Carolina, SC
- 855Area CodeInvalid
- 858Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 864Area CodeSouth Carolina, SC
- 870Area CodeArkansas, AR
- 872Area CodeIllinois, IL
- 878Area CodeInvalid
- 886Area CodeInvalid
Major Counties Served by 816 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 816
- % of County
Major Cities Served by 816 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 816
- % of City
- Kansas City459,7876%100%
- Lee's Summit91,3641%100%
- St. Joseph76,7801%100%
- Blue Springs52,5750%100%
- Grain Valley12,8540%100%
- Excelsior Springs11,0840%100%
- Pleasant Hill8,1130%100%
- Oak Grove7,7950%100%
- Platte City4,6910%100%
- North Kansas City4,2080%100%
- Sugar Creek3,3450%100%
- Pleasant Valley2,9610%100%
- Country Club2,4490%100%
- Lake Lotawana1,9390%100%
- Weatherby Lake1,7230%100%
- Garden City1,6420%100%
- Lake Winnebago1,1310%100%
- Lone Jack1,0500%100%
- Lake Waukomis8700%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 34%Southwestern Bell
- 4%Socket Telecom
- 3%Windstream Nuvox
- 3%Global Crossing Local Services
- 3%Teleport America
- 2%Birch Telecom
- 5%Verizon Wireless
- 2%Usa Mobility Wireless
- 1%United States Cellular -
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 816 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What Is the Location and Time Zone of Area Code 816?
The area code 816 is located in the Central Time Zone. This time zone is generally six hours behind Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). For example, when it is noon in New York City (EST), it is 6pm in Kansas City (CST).
What Is the Origin of Area Code 816?
Area code 816 is one of the original area codes established in 1947. It covers the western and northwestern suburbs of Kansas City, Missouri. The 816 area code was split in 1997, and the eastern portion became area code 913.
What Areas Are Serviced by Code 816?
Are you wondering what areas Code 816 services? Wonder no more! We provide our services to a number of locations in and around the area. Here's a list of some of the places we cover: -Brentwood
If you don't see your city or town listed here, don't worry! We may still service your area. Just give us a call and we'll be more than happy to help you out.
Is Area Code 816 Toll Free of Charge?
Area code 816 is not a toll-free area code. There may be charges associated with calls made to or from this area code.
How to Spot Scams in Area Code 816？
Area code 816 is located in the Midwestern United States, serving Kansas City, Missouri and the surrounding area. The 816 area code is being targeted by scammers, and it's important to know how to spot a scam.One way to spot a scam is to be aware of the red flags. Red flags include unexpected calls, high-pressure tactics, calls asking for personal information, and requests for money. If you receive a call that seems suspicious, be sure to hang up and report it to the FTC.
Another way to spot a scam is to check the caller ID. If the caller ID doesn't match the number that you were expecting, it's likely a scam. Be especially cautious if the caller asks you to call them back at a different number.
You can also protect yourself by refusing to give out personal information and refusing to send money. If you're not sure whether a call is a scam, ask a friend or family member for help.
Remember, if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Be vigilant and protect yourself against scammers in area code 816.
How Can I Block Unwanted Calls from Area Code 816?
Are you getting calls from area code 816 that you don't want? Here's how to block them.First, you'll need to download a call blocker app. There are a lot of different call blocker apps to choose from, but we recommend Call Blocker for Android or Call blocker for iOS.
Once you have installed a call blocker app, open it and add the number you want to block. Make sure you add the area code as well as the phone number.
Now, any calls from that number will be blocked and won't ring on your phone.