817 Area Code (Texas) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 817 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 26 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Texas.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 817
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (817) 203-1507Wouldn'T Tell MeWouldn'T Tell MeCame across our landline caller ID as "Attention" and left no messages
- (817) 241-2898Alex & Isaac - Home BuyersAlex & Isaac - Home BuyersCalled my work line, asked if I want to sell my home.. I inquired how he got my number and he said "my boss just hands me a list and I call, so I don't know where the information comes from". I then asked him what's the company name, "Home Buyers" he replied. Then I asked what the manager's name was, and he replied "Isaac". I proceeded to inquire for the last name and was told "I don't know his last name, I'm sorry". He was overall polite, but this whole call was fishy... After he said he didn't know the last name, I told him, "I know my manager's first and last name, so this is extremely strange and unsettling" I think about every responsible adult in this country would agree it's really weird to state you don't know your manager's full name.. after this, he hung up on me. Fake company, fake calls, and work disruption.
- (817) 241-9680Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterGet calls they do not leave msg. Annoying
- (817) 381-3758Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterThis number calls my cell upwards of 4 times daily. The caller ID shows Newark NJ and the calling location shows Reno, Texas, but 817 is not the area code for Reno, Texas. The few times I have answered, there is a long pause and then a male asks speak to me by name. When I respond this is him, they disconnect. I have blocked this number on my cell, but it continues to get through.
- (817) 381-7027Portfolio RecoveryPortfolio RecoveryPortfolio recovery scammers
- (817) 402-1406Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterKeep on calling asking for my license plates
- (817) 402-1474UnknownUnknownMultiple calls daily form this number and another in Alvarado
- (817) 402-1666Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterScam call
- (817) 420-7648Big SkyBig SkyCalled and said nothing
- (817) 440-7903SsiSsiCalls all the time
- (817) 448-7375Prank CallerPrank CallerCalling into our call center to waste our agent's time. He's annoying. Says his name is James and Philip when he calls in
- (817) 505-4763Law FirmLaw FirmFraud call - caller wanting personal information. Caller claimed that we owed back taxes as a cover to get personal information.
- (817) 527-8443Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterClaimed to be leaving a message for Dr. Mendleson. Don't know him.
- (817) 541-8202Political callPolitical callGot dead air when I answered call.
- (817) 567-9006TelemarketerTelemarketerI have over 50 calls from solicitors and I am on the DNC list.
- (817) 567-9920Fidelity InvestmentsFidelity InvestmentsCalled my Fidelity Office and they said it is not an approved number. I did not answer it and they did not leave a message. Take them off please.
- (817) 631-3524UnknownUnknownKept spam calling from New York, I don't live in newNew York, why the f**k would I get a call from there.
- (817) 657-8229Text/SMSText/SMSThe other number they use is 805-225-6789.
- (817) 663-2245Scammer/FraudsterScammer/Fraudsterthe message is a recording when you answer the phone.
- (817) 756-4884Debt CollectorDebt Collectorcalled saying had texted me about a property. might have been a recording because it hung up. I do not believe this is a debt collection agency, as I don't have any debt in collections! Property scammer suspected
Area Codes That Start with 8
- 800Area CodeInvalid
- 805Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 806Area CodeTexas, TX
- 807Area CodeInvalid
- 813Area CodeFlorida, FL
- 815Area CodeIllinois, IL
- 818Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 830Area CodeTexas, TX
- 832Area CodeTexas, TX
- 844Area CodeInvalid
- 857Area CodeMassachusetts, MA
- 859Area CodeKentucky, KY
- 862Area CodeNew Jersey, NJ
- 864Area CodeSouth Carolina, SC
- 888Area CodeInvalid
Major Counties Served by 817 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 817
- % of County
Major Cities Served by 817 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 817
- % of City
- Fort Worth741,20610%96%
- Grand Prairie175,3962%78%
- North Richland Hills63,3431%100%
- Haltom City42,4090%100%
- Flower Mound64,6690%27%
- White Settlement16,1160%100%
- Cedar Hill45,0280%34%
- Forest Hill12,3550%100%
- Trophy Club8,0240%100%
- Richland Hills7,8010%100%
- River Oaks7,4270%100%
- Pecan Plantation5,2940%100%
- Sansom Park4,6860%100%
- Lake Worth4,5840%100%
- Pecan Acres4,0991%100%
- Willow Park3,9820%100%
- Edgecliff Village2,7760%100%
- Oak Trail Shores2,7550%100%
- Double Oak2,8670%96%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 39%Southwestern Bell
- 3%Grande Networks
- 3%Verizon Sw
- 2%Tw Telecom
- 2%Logix Corporation
- 2%Brooks Fiber Properties
- 2%Level 3
- 3%Usa Mobility Wireless
- 3%Verizon Wireless
- 1%American Messaging (am)
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 817 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What is Area Code 817 and Where is It Coming From?
Area code 817 is one of the original area codes established in 1947. It covers most of Tarrant County, Texas, including Fort Worth and Arlington. It also includes a small portion of Denton County.The 817 area code was originally assigned to the Dallas-Fort Worth area. It was one of the first area codes created in the country. At that time, Dallas and Fort Worth were two separate cities. Over the years, the two cities have grown together and now form one large metro area.
The 817 area code is currently in the midst of a geographic split. The western portion of the area code is scheduled to be split off into a new area code, 469, on October 6, 2009. The 817 area code will continue to cover Fort Worth and Arlington. The 469 area code will cover the western suburbs of Dallas, including Plano and Richardson.
There is no current plan to split the eastern portion of the 817 area code. This portion of the code is scheduled to remain in effect until at least 2021.
What Time Zone Is Area Code 817?
There are a few questions that inevitably come up when talking about area codes. What time zone is area code 817? What towns are in area code 817? And what is the area code for Dallas?Area code 817 is in the Central Time Zone. This means that the time in 817 is the same as the time in Missouri and Kansas. Towns in area code 817 include Fort Worth, Arlington, and Keller. The area code for Dallas is 214.
Are Calls from Area Code 817 a Scam?
Are calls from area code 817 a scam? You may have seen this area code pop up on your caller ID and wondered if it was a scam. Unfortunately, there is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. Sometimes, calls from area code 817 are a scam, and sometimes they aren’t.There are a few things you can do to protect yourself from scam calls, regardless of what area code they originate from. First, never give out your personal information to someone you don’t know. This includes your Social Security number, credit card numbers, and bank account information. Secondly, be suspicious of any call that asks for money upfront, especially if the caller seems to be asking for donations. Finally, always verify the legitimacy of a caller by checking their contact information against public records or other reputable sources.
If you do receive a call from someone claiming to be from area code 817 and you’re not sure if it’s a scam, hang up and call the number back from a different phone. That way, you can be sure that you’re not calling the scammers back.