828 Area Code (North Carolina) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 828 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 10 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of North Carolina.
North Carolina, NC
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 828
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (828) 229-7131UnknownUnknownPerson from this phone sent very inappropriate pictures to a child's phone
- (828) 276-3474Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterDoesn't stop calling me !
- (828) 365-1084Meridian FinancialMeridian FinancialKeep calling and hanging up. The number 8687663783 sometimes call before that number, but never answers when you call back either! Smh
- (828) 372-5887TelemarketerTelemarketerNo one on the line when I answered.
- (828) 393-1100Some Kind Of "Financial Solutions"Some Kind Of "Financial Solutions"Calling from Asheville NC came up as Bull city financial, asking me to confirm my information, i said i am not giving you anything he got rude and said i will disconnect the call well i beat him to it and hung up and blocked the number, these people call from all differnt numbers all over the US. i get these calls and just do not give out my personal info.
- (828) 397-9770Text/SMSText/SMSHe is a complte NUISANCE111 PEASE GET HIM OFF OUR BACKS.
- (828) 589-8219UnknownUnknownSounds like Chinese
- (828) 600-8381Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterIt was email about a pending charge of over $330 for Norton antivirus that I have not used in ages. the person gave me his "personal" number above to call back
- (828) 612-6288Text/SMSText/SMSInternet research: recipients of phone calls from this number claim multiple calls are made to their numbers, as is the case for us.
- (828) 756-0109Scp-079Scp-079They spelled death in binary code... weird
Area Codes That Start with 8
- 800Area CodeInvalid
- 801Area CodeUtah, UT
- 802Area CodeVermont, VT
- 803Area CodeSouth Carolina, SC
- 805Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 810Area CodeMichigan, MI
- 814Area CodePennsylvania, PA
- 815Area CodeIllinois, IL
- 818Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 819Area CodeInvalid
- 856Area CodeNew Jersey, NJ
- 858Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 872Area CodeIllinois, IL
- 878Area CodeInvalid
- 880Area CodeInvalid
Major Counties Served by 828 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 828
- % of County
Major Cities Served by 828 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 828
- % of City
- St. Stephens8,7590%100%
- Black Mountain7,8480%100%
- Forest City7,4760%100%
- Mills River6,8020%100%
- Lake Norman of Catawba7,4110%73%
- East Flat Rock4,9950%100%
- Long View4,8710%100%
- Granite Falls4,7220%100%
- Royal Pines4,2720%100%
- Mountain Home3,6220%100%
- Mountain View3,5520%100%
- Flat Rock3,1140%100%
- Cajah's Mountain2,8230%100%
- Lake Junaluska2,7340%100%
- Horse Shoe2,3510%100%
- Laurel Park2,1800%100%
- Spruce Pine2,1750%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 19%Southern Bell Tel &
- 7%Frontier Of The Carolinas
- 6%Level 3
- 3%Us Lec
- 12%Verizon Wireless
- 4%United States Cellular -
- 2%Usa Mobility Wireless
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 828 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What is Area Code 828 and Where is It Coming From?
Area code 828 is one of the latest area codes to be released by the North American Numbering Plan Administrator (NANPA). This area code is for western North Carolina, including the cities of Asheville, Hendersonville, and Hickory.The 828 area code was created to relieve the increasing demand for phone numbers in the 252 and 336 area codes. These two area codes are also for North Carolina, and they are both running out of phone numbers. The 828 area code will be able to provide an additional 8 million phone numbers for the state.
The 828 area code is scheduled to be activated on October 21, 2013. This date is not set in stone, and it may change if there are any delays. There are no plans to release an additional area code for North Carolina at this time.
What Time Zone Is Area Code 828?
If you're ever in the area code 828, you may be wondering what time zone it is in. Area code 828 is in the Eastern Time Zone. This means that during the winter, it's the same time as New York City and Washington D.C., and during the summer, it's the same time as Atlanta.
Are Calls from Area Code 828 a Scam?
Are Calls from Area Code 828 a Scam?There's been a lot of talk lately about possible scam calls from area code 828. So, what's the truth? Are these calls really a scam?
The answer to that question isn't as simple as yes or no. In fact, it's a little more complicated than that. The fact of the matter is, there are scam calls being made from area code 828, but there are also legitimate calls being made from that area code too.
So, how can you tell which calls are scams and which ones are legitimate? Unfortunately, there's no easy answer to that question. However, there are some things you can do to help protect yourself from scam calls.
First, be sure to never give out your personal information to someone you don't know. And second, be sure to use a caller ID blocker to help screen calls before you answer them. This will help you to avoid getting scammed by someone trying to pose as a legitimate caller.
Overall, it's important to be vigilant about scam calls and to take precautions to protect yourself. If you're ever unsure about a call, be sure to hang up and call the number back yourself to verify that it's legitimate.
What Area Does Code 828 Serve?
In Philadelphia, Code 828 is responsible for the West Philadelphia area. This area is known for its diversity and culture, as well as its lower-income neighborhoods. Because of its diversity, Code 828 faces many unique challenges in providing services to the community.One of the biggest challenges for Code 828 is providing resources to the large immigrant population in the area. Many immigrants in this area are from central and South America, and they often face unique challenges in getting settled in a new country. Code 828 does its best to provide resources and support to these immigrants, helping them to assimilate into the community.
Another major challenge for Code 828 is providing services to the large number of low-income residents in the area. Many of these residents struggle to find affordable housing and access to quality education. Code 828 works hard to provide support to these residents, helping them to get on their feet and improve their quality of life.
Despite these challenges, Code 828 is committed to serving the West Philadelphia community. The staff is passionate about their work, and they are always looking for ways to improve the quality of life for residents in this area. If you're interested in learning more about Code 828, be sure to check out their website or Facebook page.
Is Area Code 828 Toll Free?
Is Area Code 828 Toll Free?This is a question that a lot of people have been asking, and the answer is not exactly clear-cut. There are a lot of different factors that go into determining whether or not a certain area code is toll free.
For starters, it's important to understand what a toll free area code is. Essentially, it's a telephone area code in which all calls are free of charge to the caller. This is because the cost of the call is paid for by the person receiving the call, rather than the person making it.
There are a few different ways to get a toll free area code. One way is to purchase it from a telecom company. Another way is to be designated as a toll free area by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
So, does area code 828 fall into the category of toll free area codes? The answer is a bit complicated.
In general, toll free area codes are reserved for businesses and organizations. Residential calls are not typically covered by toll free area codes. However, there are a few exceptions to this rule.
The FCC has designated area code 828 as a toll free area code. This means that residential calls within this area code are free of charge. However, this designation is not permanent, and it could be revoked at any time.
So, is area code 828 toll free? The answer is, it depends. If you're calling a business within this area code, then the call is free of charge. If you're calling a residential number, then the call is likely not toll free.
How to Block Calls from Area Code 828?
There are a few ways that you can block calls from a specific area code. One way is to use a call blocker app. There are several call blocker apps that are available for free in the App Store or Google Play Store. Another way to block calls from a specific area code is to add the number to your contact list and then block it through your phone's settings. To do this, open your phone's settings and select "blocking mode." From there, you can add the number you want to block.