847 Area Code (Illinois) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 847 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 23 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Illinois.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 847
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (847) 232-3329Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterCalled said he was with a Law Firm saying phone call was being recorded that I owed an insurance agent named Carlos for workers comp policy in 2017 I asked him his name he said his name was Dave Smith SCAM
- (847) 242-2401Text/SMSText/SMSSent a text inquiring about listing my property, when we asked her what realty company she worked for she never replied. I'm fairly certain this is a scam.
- (847) 264-3700Cvs CaremarkCvs CaremarkBeen getting a lot of these lately, and I don't even use CVS for my prescriptions.
- (847) 305-1849Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterCalled 4 times in a row, I answered "hello" and each time got no verbal response.. I just heard a bunch chatter in the background like they were in a public place. They proceeded to call 3 more times and I stop answering. Then we blocked the #.
- (847) 305-1979Bill HajekBill HajekReceived a call from this number 847-305-1979 and did not answer as I did not recognize the number (it came up as NOT IN USE on the caller ID - how can that be). They did not leave a message.
- (847) 383-4985HR Service CenterHR Service CenterSaid I was cleared voicemail so blocked them
- (847) 426-8085ChaseChaseHave called on average 25 to 30 times daily
- (847) 426-9138J.P. Morgan ChaseJ.P. Morgan ChaseThe person called saying the reason they are calling is to collect a payment on my Chase credit card. I do not have a Chase credit card. I've never in my life had a Chase credit card. The person said it was for a payment I supposedly made to the fire department. I told the person to send me the information on the Chase account but he said that he couldn't do that.
- (847) 426-9203Jp Morgan ChaseJp Morgan Chaseno message. called # answering identified as Chase and required my account #
- (847) 426-9209Claimed To Be From ChaseClaimed To Be From ChaseWas calling to get my Amazon account up to date told him my wife would be making a payment on Friday he told me he could schedule the payment now all he needed was verification of my bank account told him no my wife would make the payment again said he could schedule it just needed verification of my bank account
- (847) 496-3564Palatine, IllinoisPalatine, IllinoisThey said I had applied for an apartment and they were calling about my lease
- (847) 550-7300Mtg OperationsMtg OperationsAn hour or so after I payed my mortgage over the phone I received this call. It's a scam. They ask if you'd like to have the number your calling from "attached" to your account. And if you say yes, like I did. The calls will start.....
- (847) 604-7998Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterA woman called asking if I received the order from a month ago. Huh. Requesting me to confirm the information she had. Immediately after I started receiving endless calls from spoof numbers from my local area code from a company named redcloud9 llc. No information is available on this company. Amerimark is not giving any information about this call and basically ignoring the emails that I have sent.
- (847) 641-2636SurveySurveyI started refusing calls after their remove from list number simply disconnected the call and failed to work.
- (847) 675-3600G M GoldmanG M GoldmanUnwanted call
- (847) 686-3264InsuranceInsuranceKEEPS CALLING, EVERY DAY.. MAKE IT STOP
- (847) 814-0555Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterScam
- (847) 844-2430Lending Solutions - Caller IDLending Solutions - Caller IDI asked my credit union to call me back as I was waiting too long to speak to them and they had the call back option. Left my number around 3 AM. But then tried the CU again before 4 AM and got the help I needed. THEN this number called me at 7ish AM, and left a voicemail to call them back. I called the number back and it sounded busy. My initial call to my CU after hours was for fraudulent activity and now I'm wary of everything. May have also been a scam... who knows.
- (847) 873-8200PaylocityPaylocityCalled asking for HR Administrator. I asked who was calling. Extremely evasive. Finally hung up when I inquired about further information concerning the nature of the call.
- (847) 908-4626VoipVoipThis is a robocall
Area Codes That Start with 8
- 800Area CodeInvalid
- 802Area CodeVermont, VT
- 804Area CodeVirginia, VA
- 807Area CodeInvalid
- 813Area CodeFlorida, FL
- 816Area CodeMissouri, MO
- 818Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 828Area CodeNorth Carolina, NC
- 831Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 832Area CodeTexas, TX
- 844Area CodeInvalid
- 857Area CodeMassachusetts, MA
- 860Area CodeConnecticut, CT
- 863Area CodeFlorida, FL
- 886Area CodeInvalid
Major Counties Served by 847 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 847
- % of County
Major Cities Served by 847 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 847
- % of City
- Arlington Heights75,1012%100%
- Des Plaines58,3641%100%
- Mount Prospect54,1671%100%
- Hoffman Estates51,8952%98%
- Buffalo Grove41,4961%100%
- Park Ridge37,4801%99%
- Elk Grove Village33,1271%99%
- North Chicago32,5741%100%
- Highland Park29,7631%100%
- Round Lake Beach28,1750%100%
- Lake in the Hills28,9651%96%
- Vernon Hills25,1131%100%
- Rolling Meadows24,0991%100%
- Morton Grove23,2700%100%
- South Elgin21,9851%98%
- Lake Zurich19,6311%100%
- Lake Forest19,3752%100%
- Round Lake18,2891%100%
- Franklin Park18,3330%93%
- Prospect Heights16,2560%100%
- Beach Park13,6381%100%
- Schiller Park11,7930%99%
- Gages Lake10,1980%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 5%Teleport America
- 4%Mcimetro Access Transmission Services
- 2%AT&T Local
- 5%Verizon Wireless
- 3%Usa Mobility Wireless
- 1%American Messaging (am)
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 847 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What is Area Code 847 and Where is It Coming From?
Area code 847 is one of the original area codes established in Illinois in 1947. It originally served the north Chicago suburbs, but has since been extended to include other parts of the state.The 847 area code is currently being overlaid with a new area code, 224, which will serve the same area. This change is necessary because the 847 area code is running out of available phone numbers.
If you're in the 847 area code, don't worry – you won't need to change your phone number. All you need to do is dial 10 digits for all local calls, even if the number you're calling is within the 847 area code.
If you're traveling in the 847 area code and need to call a number that's not local, you'll need to dial the area code plus the phone number.
So what's the story behind area code 847? Learn more about its history and find out where it's coming from in this blog post.
What Time Zone Is Area Code 847?
Looking for the time zone for area code 847? Wondering what time it is in Illinois? Check out the time zone map below for the answer.The 847 area code is located in the Central time zone. This time zone covers parts of Illinois, Missouri, and Wisconsin. Central time is GMT-6 during the winter and GMT-5 during the summer.
Are Calls from Area Code 847 a Scam?
Are Calls from Area Code 847 a Scam?There's been a lot of talk lately about calls from area code 847 being a scam. So, what's the truth? Are these calls a scam, or are they just people in the wrong area code?
It's important to remember that just because an area code is unfamiliar to you, doesn't mean that the call is a scam. There are a number of legitimate businesses and organizations that use area codes outside of your local calling area.
That said, there are a number of scammers who use area codes to try and trick people into answering their calls. So, how can you tell if a call from area code 847 is a scam?
There are a few things to watch out for. Firstly, scammers often try to create a sense of urgency in their calls. They may try to scare you into thinking that you're in danger, or that you need to take action immediately.
Another common scam tactic is to ask for personal information. scammers may try to get you to reveal your credit card number, Social Security number, or other sensitive information.
If you're not sure whether a call is a scam, it's best to hang up and call the number back from a phone book or your Caller ID. That way, you can be sure that you're talking to a legitimate business or individual.