848 Area Code (New Jersey) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 848 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 5 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of New Jersey.
New Jersey, NJ
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 848
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (848) 206-6518Scammer/FraudsterScammer/Fraudstercall or ID indicated Farmingdale New Jersey as the origin of the call. I don't answer any calls I don't recognize, no voicemail was left so I googled the number it won't me to this page I know it was some sort of scam. Not answering seems to be the best method to avoid these idiots, then I block the number on my phone problem solved!
- (848) 220-7120TelemarketerTelemarketerMany calls from this entity.
- (848) 227-4405UnknownUnknownTrying to get personal information regarding my health insurance. Hung up on the first guy then a second called. Total scammers. 848-227-9556 & 843-648-9281 Wish I could slit their _______.
- (848) 227-7535Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterSuspected Spam/Scam - Received unsolicited call out of area!
- (848) 466-9239Dari LabradorDari LabradorAsked for me but when I asked who was calling refused to answer
Area Codes That Start with 8
- 804Area CodeVirginia, VA
- 806Area CodeTexas, TX
- 812Area CodeIndiana, IN
- 814Area CodePennsylvania, PA
- 816Area CodeMissouri, MO
- 819Area CodeInvalid
- 828Area CodeNorth Carolina, NC
- 830Area CodeTexas, TX
- 847Area CodeIllinois, IL
- 855Area CodeInvalid
- 856Area CodeNew Jersey, NJ
- 859Area CodeKentucky, KY
- 860Area CodeConnecticut, CT
- 863Area CodeFlorida, FL
- 872Area CodeIllinois, IL
Major Counties Served by 848 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 848
- % of County
Major Cities Served by 848 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 848
- % of City
- Toms River88,7913%100%
- New Brunswick55,1810%100%
- Perth Amboy50,8141%99%
- Long Branch30,7191%100%
- Old Bridge23,7531%100%
- Point Pleasant18,3920%100%
- Tinton Falls17,8921%100%
- Asbury Park16,1160%100%
- South River16,0080%100%
- Highland Park13,9820%100%
- West Freehold13,6131%100%
- Holiday City-Berkeley12,8310%100%
- Franklin Park13,2950%95%
- Red Bank12,2060%100%
- Bound Brook10,4020%100%
- Kendall Park9,3390%100%
- Pine Lake Park8,7070%100%
- East Franklin8,6690%100%
- South Amboy8,6310%100%
- West Long Branch8,0970%100%
- Crestwood Village7,9070%100%
- Madison Park7,1440%100%
- Laurence Harbor6,5360%100%
- Union Beach6,2450%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 5%Infinite Communication
- 5%Teleport Group - New York
- 3%Cablevision Lightpath
- 3%Level 3
- 3%Peerless Network
- 6%Verizon Wireless
- 2%Peerless Network
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 848 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What Is the Location and Time Zone of Area Code 848?
Area code 848 is located in the Eastern Time Zone.
What Is the Origin of Area Code 848?
Area code 848 is one of the original 86 area codes created by AT&T and Bell Labs in 1947. It originally served the entire state of New Jersey. In 1993, area code 908 was created to serve the western part of the state, and area code 732 was created to serve the eastern part of the state. This left area code 848 with the central part of the state.Today, area code 848 serves the following counties: Atlantic, Bergen, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Essex, Gloucester, Hudson, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Ocean, Passaic, Salem, Somerset, Sussex, Union, and Warren.
What Areas Are Serviced by Code 848?
Code 848 is a special service that operates in select areas of the city. If you need transportation in one of these areas, Code 848 is your best bet. What are the areas that are serviced by Code 848?The first area is the downtown district. If you need to get to the courthouse, the hospital, or any other downtown destination, Code 848 is the way to go. The second area is the university district. If you're a student at the university or you need to get to the campus, Code 848 is the perfect way to get around. The third area is the entertainment district. If you're looking to go to the theater or the casino, Code 848 is your best bet.
These are just a few of the areas that are serviced by Code 848. If you need transportation in one of these areas, be sure to call us!
Is Area Code 848 Toll Free of Charge?
Yes, area code 848 is toll free of charge. You will not be charged for any calls you make within this area code. This includes both local and long-distance calls. Keep in mind that some toll-free numbers may have special restrictions, so be sure to check with the number's provider before making your call.
How to Spot Scams in Area Code 848？
Are you living in area code 848? If so, it's important to be aware of the many scams that are happening in your area. From fake IRS calls to computer scamming, there are a lot of scams that can target you. Here are a few tips to help you spot a scam, so that you can protect yourself and your loved ones.First, it's important to be able to identify a scam. scamming generally involves someone trying to steal your money or personal information. They may try to lure you in with a too-good-to-be-true offer, or by pretending to be from a legitimate organization like the IRS.
If you're not sure whether a call, email, or offer is a scam, do some research. Check with the Better Business Bureau orConsumer Affairs to see if there are any complaints about the company or organization. You can also search for the company or individual online to see if anyone has written about their scams.
If you have been scammed, report it to the police and to the FTC. Sharing your story may help others avoid being scammed, and it may help the authorities track down and prosecute the scammers.
Being aware of the scams happening in your area is the best way to protect yourself. With a little bit of knowledge and caution, you can stay safe and keep your hard-earned money in your pocket.
How Can I Block Unwanted Calls from Area Code 848?
How Can I Block Unwanted Calls from Area Code 848?If you're receiving unwanted calls from area code 848, you can block them by adding the number to your blacklist. To do this, open the Phone app, select Menu, and then Blacklist. Tap the + button and enter the number you want to block.