857 Area Code (Massachusetts) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 857 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 5 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Massachusetts.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 857
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (857) 232-0157970-208-8177970-208-8177Someone was trying to scam me about Paypal. There was a notification from a woman's name to pay her $699.99 and it was believed to be fraud and to call 888-721-7674, which I did. I spoke to one person and explained my issue and they said it was a purchase for cell phone in Santa Clara, CA. He transferred me to another guy and was having me do Teamviewer on the computer to fill out some form. It's way more involved but I hung up on him. My house phone and cell phone rang after that from number 857-232-0157 and no message.............had to be from him because I didn't fall for the scam.
- (857) 233-9043Cambridge, MaCambridge, MaSometimes the number comes up Boston other times it's Credence...same number.
- (857) 299-6735Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterA guy called my sister in Ghana with the number and said he's in US Army and wants to marry her. Something tells me he could be lying to her.
- (857) 313-3565Discover Card Services/Salt Lake City, UtahDiscover Card Services/Salt Lake City, UtahTexted.
- (857) 415-6189Collection AgencyCollection AgencyThe message indicated that they are looking for someone who does not live at this address nor is at this number. I have selected the options to say that person does not live here. The calls continue.
Area Codes That Start with 8
- 802Area CodeVermont, VT
- 803Area CodeSouth Carolina, SC
- 812Area CodeIndiana, IN
- 814Area CodePennsylvania, PA
- 815Area CodeIllinois, IL
- 818Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 832Area CodeTexas, TX
- 847Area CodeIllinois, IL
- 848Area CodeNew Jersey, NJ
- 859Area CodeKentucky, KY
- 860Area CodeConnecticut, CT
- 862Area CodeNew Jersey, NJ
- 863Area CodeFlorida, FL
- 865Area CodeTennessee, TN
- 872Area CodeIllinois, IL
Major Counties Served by 857 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 857
- % of County
Major Cities Served by 857 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 857
- % of City
- Watertown Town31,9153%100%
- Winthrop Town17,4975%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 6%Verizon New England
- 6%Broadview Networks
- 4%Comcast Phone
- 3%Allegiance Telecom
- 3%Peerless Network
- 17%Verizon Wireless
- 10%Omnipoint Miami E License
- 7%Metro PCS
- 1%Dsci Corporation
- 1%Peerless Network
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 857 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What is Area Code 857 and Where is It Coming From?
Area code 857 is one of the newer area codes in the United States. It was created in 2001 as a split from area code 617. 857 covers the city of Boston and the surrounding suburbs.The 857 area code has been in the news a lot lately. There have been several scams targeting residents in the 857 area code. One of the scams involves someone calling and pretending to be from the IRS. The caller tells the victim that they owe money and that they need to pay right away. If the victim doesn't have the money, the caller may threaten to arrest them or take their property.
Scams like this are happening all over the country, not just in the 857 area code. So if someone calls you and tries to scam you, don't panic. Just hang up and report the call to the police.
If you're looking for more information about the 857 area code, you can visit the website for the North American Numbering Plan Administration. There you can find a map of the 857 area code, as well as a list of all the cities and towns that are covered by 857.
What Time Zone Is Area Code 857?
What time zone is area code 857? That's a tricky question, because 857 is not a time zone! Area code 857 is in Massachusetts, which is in the Eastern time zone. The time zone boundary crosses area code 857, so there's part of the state in the Eastern time zone, and part in the Central time zone.
Are Calls from Area Code 857 a Scam?
Area code 857 is one of the newest area codes in the United States. It covers parts of Boston, Cambridge, and Somerville, MA. So, is it a scam when someone calls you from this area code?The short answer is no. There are legitimate businesses and organizations who use this area code. However, there are also scammers who use this area code. So, it's important to be aware of both the legitimate and the scam callers.
There are a few things to look out for when you receive a call from area code 857. For example, if the caller asks for personal information like your Social Security number or bank account number, this is a red flag. Additionally, if the caller tries to make you feel like you owe them money, or threatens you in any way, this is also a sign of a scam.
If you do receive a call from someone claiming to be from area code 857, it's best to hang up and call the organization or business back yourself to verify that the call was legitimate. You can also report the scam to the Federal Trade Commission.
What Area Does Code 857 Serve?
Code 857 is a special area code that serves the San Francisco Bay Area. This code was created in 1991 to handle the increased demand for phone numbers in the region. Today, Code 857 is one of the most popular area codes in California.
Is Area Code 857 Toll Free?
Area code 857 is located in Massachusetts and is a toll-free area code. This area code was created in 1997 and covers the entire city of Boston.
How to Block Calls from Area Code 857?
Area code 857 is from Boston, MA. If you don't want to answer calls from this area code, you can block them. Here's how:First, open the Phone app.
Tap the Call Blocking & Identification tab.
Tap the gear icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
Tap the Blocked Calls tab.
Tap the + button in the top-right corner of the screen.
Enter 857 in the Phone Number field.
Tap the Block button.
You've now blocked calls from area code 857.