901 Area Code (Tennessee) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 901 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 16 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Tennessee.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 901
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (901) 203-4132I Do Not Know They Keep Hanging UpI Do Not Know They Keep Hanging UpCall asking for me to verify home and business address so they can pursue a claim against me. They say no name
- (901) 222-2795FaxFaxI have time-stamped recordings, if you need them.
- (901) 236-7560HookupHookupOkay
- (901) 268-9139Political callPolitical callThe company has called me multiple times several days this week. I had answered the phone once, told them i wasn't interested and asked them not to call, since then they are still calling.
- (901) 290-9128DirecTVDirecTVWould like to stop receiving call from this number
- (901) 300-4793JasonJasonI dont know anybody from this number hes harassing me
- (901) 308-4028Collection AgencyCollection AgencyTold him tyhat i was not nterested and not to call again.
- (901) 329-4010St JudeSt JudeI didn't answer the phone...caller hung up after a few rings... Not sure if it was St Jude...or someone pretending to be (I suspect the later...)
- (901) 329-4022"St Jude""St Jude"They call without leaving a voice-mail at night, and even on the weekends like this memorial day weekend!
- (901) 378-1703Prank CallerPrank CallerI need to know who's phone it is
- (901) 410-3665TennesseeTennesseeNumber called at 1am on a Sunday.
- (901) 504-3144Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterBuy marijuana , mdma,Buy Methamphetamins,Buy cocaine , Buy ketamine racemic, Buy Benzodiazepines, Buy Heroin,Buy hash, Buy hash oil, Buy cookies, Buy brownies, Buy tinctures , Buy weeds online , Buy marijuana online, marijuana seeds,cannabis oil, buy cannabis oil. Visit our website for more info. Telegram ID: hugmankush Wechat ID: leewung Wickr ID: hugmankush Email: [email protected]
- (901) 552-9905AttAttTracking my voicemails!!!
- (901) 574-9649Text/SMSText/SMSResponse to ad
- (901) 620-6705Shelby Coubnty JailShelby Coubnty JailCall from inmate at Shelby county jail. Had a pause for the person to say their voice with no speech.
- (901) 744-0208UnknownUnknown(901) 744-0208 Name: Lizzie Blackman Memphis, TN 38114
Area Codes That Start with 9
- 902Area CodeInvalid
- 904Area CodeFlorida, FL
- 909Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 910Area CodeNorth Carolina, NC
- 914Area CodeNew York, NY
- 916Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 917Area CodeNew York, NY
- 925Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 939Area CodeInvalid
- 949Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 952Area CodeMinnesota, MN
- 973Area CodeNew Jersey, NJ
- 978Area CodeMassachusetts, MA
- 979Area CodeTexas, TX
- 985Area CodeLouisiana, LA
Major Counties Served by 901 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 901
- % of County
Major Cities Served by 901 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 901
- % of City
- Gilt Edge4770%100%
- La Grange1330%100%
- Grand Junction3250%12%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 36%South Central Bell
- 4%Usa Mobility Wireless
- 2%Tw Telecom
- 2%Millington Telephone
- 2%Mcimetro Access Transmission Services
- 5%Verizon Wireless
- 5%Powertel Memphis Licenses
- 1%Metro PCS
- 1%Usa Mobility Wireless
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 901 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What Is the Location and Time Zone of Area Code 901?
901 is a telephone area code serving Memphis and Shelby County, Tennessee. The area code was created on March 1, 1996, as a split from area code 901. 901 is one of the few area codes in the United States that is not overlaid, meaning that it is the only area code for its entire service area. The Memphis area code covers the following counties:
901 is in the Central time zone.
What Is the Origin of Area Code 901?
Area code 901 was one of the original area codes established in 1947. It was assigned to the entire state of Tennessee. The 901 area code was Tennessee's first area code and it was also one of the original area codes in the country.The 901 area code has seen several changes over the years. In 1954, it was split to create area code 615. In 1999, area code 901 was split again to create area code 731. And in 2013, area code 901 was split again to create area code 423.
The 901 area code is now mostly assigned to Memphis and the surrounding suburbs. But there are still a few areas in the northern part of the state that use the 901 area code.
So what is the origin of area code 901? The answer is a little bit unclear. But some believe that the area code was named after the 901st Bombardment Group, which was a unit of the United States Army Air Forces. The 901st Bombardment Group was activated in 1942 and served in the European Theatre during World War II.
What Areas Are Serviced by Code 901?
Code 901 is Memphis' new tech-based police response system. It's aim is to provide police officers with the resources they need to respond to emergencies as quickly as possible. What many people don't know is that Code 901 also provides police officers with the resources they need to respond to non-emergency calls. This includes calls for service such as suspicious activity, loose animals, and parking complaints.One of the great things about Code 901 is that it's available to residents in all parts of Memphis. This means that no matter where you live in Memphis, you have access to the same high-quality police response.
If you're curious about what areas Code 901 services, take a look at the map below.
Is Area Code 901 Toll Free of Charge?
There is a lot of confusion surrounding area codes and toll-free numbers. Many people aren't sure if an area code like 901 is toll-free. The answer is: it depends.901 is the area code for Memphis, Tennessee. If you are calling within this area code, then your call is toll-free. However, if you are calling from outside of 901, then you will be charged for the call.
There are a few other area codes that are toll-free within certain areas. For example, area code 800 is toll-free for calls made within the United States. If you are calling from Canada, however, you will be charged for the call.
It's important to be aware of the different toll-free area codes, especially if you make a lot of calls internationally. Before you make a call, be sure to check the area code to see if it's toll-free. This way, you can avoid any surprise charges on your phone bill.
How to Spot Scams in Area Code 901？
It's no secret that scammers are everywhere, but sometimes they can be especially prevalent in certain areas. If you're living in or around Area Code 901, it's important to be aware of the most common scams in your area and how to spot them.One of the most common scams in the 901 area code is the grandparent scam. In this scam, the scammer will call an elderly person and pretend to be their grandchild. They will then ask for money, usually to help them out of a financial jam.
Another common scam in this area is the IRS scam. In this scam, the scammer will call and tell the victim that they owe money to the IRS and that they will be arrested if they don't pay right away.
If you're living in or around Area Code 901, be on the lookout for these and other common scams. Familiarize yourself with the warning signs and know what to do if you fall victim to one of these scams.
How Can I Block Unwanted Calls from Area Code 901?
Area code 901 is in Tennessee, and it's the area code for Memphis. If you're getting unwanted calls from this area code, you may want to consider blocking them.There are a few things you can do to block calls from area code 901. One option is to use your phone's built-in blocking features. Another option is to use a call blocker app.
If you're using a phone with built-in blocking features, you can block calls from area code 901 by going to the phone's settings and selecting "blocking." You can then enter the area code you want to block.
If you're using a call blocker app, there are a few different apps you can try. One popular app is called "Mr. Number." This app allows you to block calls, texts, and robocalls from specific area codes or entire states.
No matter which option you choose, blocking calls from area code 901 can help you reduce the amount of unwanted calls you receive.