908 Area Code (New Jersey) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 908 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 11 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of New Jersey.
New Jersey, NJ
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 908
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (908) 242-3812Collection AgencyCollection AgencyI have an elderly couple staying at my house and this is very disruptive.
- (908) 303-1493Text/SMSText/SMSI believe this was an illegal attempt to get into my computer and my private information.
- (908) 303-2741I have received a call from this number weekly for several months.
- (908) 305-9253Matrix MedicalMatrix MedicalI haven't answered it. Can't get it off the screen of my cell phone. Says it left a voice mail but that doesn't show on my voice mail page
- (908) 368-5138Warranty (Something)Warranty (Something)No messageleft
- (908) 388-5238UnknownUnknownPerson keeps texting me
- (908) 400-6991Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterHilariously bad Indian call center scammers.
- (908) 409-5099Elizabeth NJElizabeth NJVery nasty comments
- (908) 488-0016Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterLeft voice mail, hard to understand. Prior to this voice mail another call from New Jersey # was trying to come through. Being harassed
- (908) 558-2519UnknownUnknown7-4-20 Caller called at 8:40 am, 8:42 am, and 8:47 am and did not leave messages. "Should I Answer" identified as a "call center" reviews reported as Elizabeth Police (Elizabeth, NJ).
- (908) 559-4899Text/SMSText/SMSGot a text message saying Verizon Msg., But I have a TracFone so any service provider messages should only be from TracFone. So it states that they updated my account & if I didn't do it too call this so called number & I believe it's a way that they trick you into putting a virus or spyware on to your phone!!!
Area Codes That Start with 9
- 903Area CodeTexas, TX
- 905Area CodeInvalid
- 907Area CodeAlaska, AK
- 914Area CodeNew York, NY
- 916Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 918Area CodeOklahoma, OK
- 928Area CodeArizona, AZ
- 929Area CodeNew York, NY
- 937Area CodeOhio, OH
- 939Area CodeInvalid
- 949Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 971Area CodeOregon, OR
- 973Area CodeNew Jersey, NJ
- 985Area CodeLouisiana, LA
- 989Area CodeMichigan, MI
Major Counties Served by 908 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 908
- % of County
Major Cities Served by 908 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 908
- % of City
- North Plainfield21,9360%100%
- South Plainfield23,3851%87%
- Bradley Gardens14,2060%100%
- Roselle Park13,2970%100%
- New Providence12,1710%100%
- Green Knoll6,2000%100%
- High Bridge3,6480%100%
- Panther Valley3,3270%100%
- Peapack and Gladstone2,5820%100%
- White House Station2,0890%100%
- Long Valley1,8790%100%
- Upper Pohatcong1,7810%100%
- Glen Gardner1,7040%100%
- Brass Castle1,5550%100%
- Ten Mile Run1,9590%72%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 6%Level 3
- 3%Telcove Investment
- 3%Teleport Group - New York
- 3%Monmouth Telephone & Telegraph
- 11%Verizon Wireless
- 1%Usa Mobility Wireless
- 1%Preferred Networks
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 908 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What is Area Code 908 and Where is It Coming From?
Area code 908 is one of the original area codes established in 1947. It covers most of northwestern New Jersey, including the cities of Newark and Jersey City. The area code was originally created to serve the entire state of New Jersey.What is Area Code 908?
Area code 908 is a telephone area code in the northeastern United States. It covers the northwestern corner of New Jersey, including the cities of Newark and Jersey City. The area code was originally created to serve the entire state of New Jersey.
Why was Area Code 908 Created?
Area code 908 was one of the original area codes established in 1947. It was created to serve the entire state of New Jersey. The area code originally covered the entire state, but it has since been split into several different area codes.
What Time Zone Is Area Code 908?
Looking for the time zone for Area Code 908? You'll find all the information you need in this blog post!Area Code 908 is located in the Eastern Time Zone. This means that the time zone is UTC -5:00.
Are Calls from Area Code 908 a Scam?
Are calls from Area Code 908 a scam?Some people seem to think so. In fact, there's even a website called "AreCallsFrom908AScam.com" that's devoted to warning people about these calls.
But is there really anything to be afraid of?
Well, the truth is that there have been a number of scams that have originated from area code 908. For example, there have been recent reports of scammers pretending to be from the IRS, calling and asking for money.
And there have also been reports of scammers trying to get people to sign up for fake credit card offers, or trying to get them to sign up for health insurance schemes.
So, yes, there are definitely some scammers out there who are using area code 908 as their calling area.
But that doesn't mean that everyone who calls from that area code is a scammer. In fact, most of the calls from area code 908 are probably perfectly harmless.
So if you get a call from someone with a 908 area code, don't automatically assume that it's a scam. Instead, take a closer look at the call and see if there's anything that seems suspicious.
And if you're ever not sure whether or not a call is legitimate, you can always hang up and call the company or organization that the caller is allegedly representing to see if they actually called you.
What Area Does Code 908 Serve?
Are you looking for information on the Code 908 area? This code is used to designate the area served by a particular fire department. In most cases, this will be the municipality or other fire district that the department is located in. If you need to contact the emergency services in this area, this is the code you will need to use.
Is Area Code 908 Toll Free?
Area code 908 is not a toll-free area code. Calls to numbers in this area code will incur standard long-distance charges, depending on the caller's location.
How to Block Calls from Area Code 908?
There may be times when you don't want to receive calls from a certain area code. Maybe you're getting too many calls from telemarketers or spammers, or maybe there's someone you don't want to talk to who's from that area code. Whatever the reason, there are a few ways you can block calls from that area code.The easiest way to block calls from a certain area code is to add that area code to your contact list and then set your phone to block calls from contacts that aren't in your contact list. To do this, open your phone's settings and tap "Phone." Then tap "Call Blocking" and tap "Add New." Enter the area code you want to block and tap "Save."
If you don't want to add the area code to your contact list, you can block calls from that area code using your carrier's call blocking feature. To do this, open your phone's settings and tap "Phone." Then tap "Call Blocking" and tap "Add New." Tap "Carrier" and select your carrier. Tap " complicit ies" and select the features you want to use to block calls from that area code.
You can also use a third-party app to block calls from a certain area code. One such app is Call Control. It allows you to block calls from a certain area code, as well as telemarketers and spammers. Another app is AreaCodeBlocker. It allows you to block calls from a certain area code, as well as calls from specific numbers.