917 Area Code (New York) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 917 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 19 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of New York.
New York, NY
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 917
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (917) 136-2814Text/SMSText/SMSNo, threatened me through text
- (917) 200-9637Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterCalling due to enforcement action by US Treasury. Call back so he can help.
- (917) 231-8741IpsosIpsosCalling daily, more than once. Leaves no message.
- (917) 259-6364MrbeastMrbeastWHYYYYY MR BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- (917) 267-0835UnknownUnknownThis person keeps calling and saying, "Just tell him it's Mark." he's harassing and won't say why he's calling, won't give a last name. This caller should be reported to law enforcement.
- (917) 310-4704TelemarketerTelemarketerKeeps send text messages, about an account I don't even have
- (917) 341-5504InknowInknowClaims to be someone from Kristin, got my name from an alumni directory and has researched me and my addresses on the internet
- (917) 363-0836Brian HoffmanBrian HoffmanWent on my business page requesting services for goods I sell.
- (917) 365-6505Collection AgencyCollection AgencyShe provided the number 888-861-3741 x 721 to call back.
- (917) 474-5899Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterThis woman Helena is a prostitute! if you see this number on your cell phone bill, confront the person who called the number. Also, call INS because she is an illegal Russian and contact local authorities to have her arrested. 917 474 4899
- (917) 494-2709Googling for this phone number turned up that they are a known telemarketer / scammer.
- (917) 708-8443Political callPolitical callI have been on the do not call list for years.
- (917) 734-2144LisaLisaBest man ever good good man love him
- (917) 741-0872Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterTest message with link. Said my case was accepted
- (917) 763-2407Text/SMSText/SMSCool
- (917) 781-8826Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterSaid my amazon account had suspicious activity. I don't have an amazon account.
- (917) 800-9213Prank CallerPrank CallerYes she called me
- (917) 832-1297Ny Nwyrcyzn08Ny Nwyrcyzn0820 times a day from these miscreants - all from "Woodside"
- (917) 870-6571Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterSharing personal pic's and blackmail
Area Codes That Start with 9
- 903Area CodeTexas, TX
- 907Area CodeAlaska, AK
- 912Area CodeGeorgia, GA
- 915Area CodeTexas, TX
- 916Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 919Area CodeNorth Carolina, NC
- 920Area CodeWisconsin, WI
- 925Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 929Area CodeNew York, NY
- 939Area CodeInvalid
- 940Area CodeTexas, TX
- 947Area CodeMichigan, MI
- 954Area CodeFlorida, FL
- 978Area CodeMassachusetts, MA
- 985Area CodeLouisiana, LA
Major Counties Served by 917 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 917
- % of County
- New York1,585,8737%100%
Major Cities Served by 917 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 917
- % of City
- New York8,175,133100%100%
- Bellerose Terrace2,1980%33%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 2%Bandwidthcom Clec
- 1%Cablevision Lightpath
- 1%Usa Mobility Wireless
- 1%Allegiance Telecom
- 20%Usa Mobility Wireless
- 14%Verizon Wireless
- 1%Aat Paging Corporation Ii
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 917 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What is Area Code 917 and Where is It Coming From?
Area code 917 was first put into use in 1984. It was created as an overlay for area codes 212 and 718. This meant that anyone who was using one of those area codes would automatically be assigned to the 917 area code. Area code 917 is used for all of Manhattan, the Bronx, and Staten Island.There are a few theories about where the 917 area code got its name. One theory is that it was named after the 917th Bombardment Group, which was a unit of the United States Army Air Forces during World War II. The group was stationed in the Philippines and was responsible for bombing Japanese targets. Another theory is that the area code was named after the New York Telephone Company's 917 exchange, which was one of the first exchanges to be opened in Manhattan.
Regardless of where the area code got its name, there's no doubt that it's a very important area code. In fact, it's the second-largest area code in the United States, after area code 646. If you're ever in New York City, be sure to give yourself some extra time to dial the phone number – especially if it's a local call!
What Time Zone Is Area Code 917?
What time zone is Area Code 917?Area Code 917 is located in the Eastern Time Zone.
Are Calls from Area Code 917 a Scam?
Are Calls from Area Code 917 a Scam?There's been a lot of talk lately about calls from area code 917 being a scam. But is that really the case? Are all calls from this area code a scam, or is there something more to it?
In theory, any phone call could be a scam. But in practice, there are certain area codes that are more likely to be scams. 917 is one of those area codes.
So what should you do if you get a call from 917? The best thing to do is to hang up. Don't answer the call, and don't call back. There's a good chance that it's a scam, and you don't want to risk getting scammed.
If you do answer the call, be very careful about what you say. Don't give out any personal information, and don't agree to any deals that sound too good to be true. There's a good chance that the caller is trying to scam you, so be careful.
Remember, the best way to avoid getting scammed is to be aware of the scams that are out there. Educate yourself about the different types of scams, and be careful about who you talk to. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
What Area Does Code 917 Serve?
In the state of Pennsylvania, there are three area codes that serve different regions of the state. Area code 610 serves the eastern region, area code 717 serves the central region, and area code 814 serves the western region. What area does code 917 serve?Area code 917 serves the New York City metro area. This area includes the boroughs of Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx, as well as Staten Island. New York City is the most populous city in the United States, and area code 917 is one of the most heavily-populated area codes in the country.
Is Area Code 917 Toll Free?
Is Area Code 917 Toll Free?Area code 917 is one of the original area codes established in New York City in 1947. It is a toll-free area code, and it is also one of the most congested area codes in the United States. Because of the high number of people who use it, it can be difficult to get a call through to someone who is in 917. If you're trying to call someone in the 917 area code, be prepared to wait on hold for a while.
How to Block Calls from Area Code 917?
If you're getting calls from someone with an area code of 917, you may want to know how to block them. This area code is from New York City, and it's known for being used by scammers and spammers. Here are a few ways that you can block calls from this area code.One way to block calls from this area code is to add it to your blacklist. This will prevent any calls from this number from coming through to your phone. To add a number to your blacklist, open the Phone app and tap on the Recents tab. Tap on the info icon next to the number you want to blacklist, then tap on Add to Blocked.
Another way to block calls from this area code is to use a call blocker app. There are many call blocker apps available for download, and most of them allow you to blacklist specific numbers. Some of the most popular call blocker apps include Truecaller, Call Control, and Mr. Number.
If you don't want to use an app, you can also block calls from this area code by adding the number to your contacts. This will not prevent the number from calling you, but it will send the call straight to voicemail. To add a number to your contacts, open the Contacts app and tap on the plus icon. enter the number you want to add, then tap on Create Contact.
No matter which method you choose, blocking calls from this area code will help protect you from spam and scam calls.