940 Area Code (Texas) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 940 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 6 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Texas.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 940
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (940) 209-3639Hoes CircleHoes CirclePorters
- (940) 414-1407Scammer/FraudsterScammer/FraudsterSeveral times I asked what she was selling and she kept insisting that she just wanted to clear the problem and it shouldn�t cost anything.
- (940) 441-4152Scammer/FraudsterScammer/Fraudsterreceived text saying my account? is restricted and to call 870-846-0560 to verify. When i look up this number in Google and scam app,it says it does not exist.
- (940) 489-1469TelemarketerTelemarketerThey leave no message on the phone.
- (940) 631-4523Mj CommunicationMj CommunicationDnc customer fraud
- (940) 647-4179UnknownUnknownI don to have calls from you you re disturbing me at large stop or i Will calls the us autorite to stop.
Area Codes That Start with 9
- 901Area CodeTennessee, TN
- 903Area CodeTexas, TX
- 907Area CodeAlaska, AK
- 908Area CodeNew Jersey, NJ
- 910Area CodeNorth Carolina, NC
- 913Area CodeKansas, KS
- 918Area CodeOklahoma, OK
- 919Area CodeNorth Carolina, NC
- 925Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 928Area CodeArizona, AZ
- 937Area CodeOhio, OH
- 938Area CodeAlabama, AL
- 952Area CodeMinnesota, MN
- 973Area CodeNew Jersey, NJ
- 980Area CodeNorth Carolina, NC
Major Counties Served by 940 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 940
- % of County
- Palo Pinto28,1116%97%
Major Cities Served by 940 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 940
- % of City
- Wichita Falls104,5530%100%
- Mineral Wells16,7880%100%
- Highland Village15,0560%89%
- Flower Mound64,6690%17%
- Lake Dallas7,1050%100%
- Iowa Park6,3550%100%
- Little Elm25,8980%20%
- Pilot Point3,8560%100%
- Hickory Creek3,2470%100%
- Shady Shores2,6120%100%
- Paloma Creek2,5010%100%
- Oak Point2,7860%86%
- Lake Kiowa1,9060%100%
- Archer City1,8340%100%
- Cross Roads1,5630%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 13%Southwestern Bell
- 8%Verizon Sw
- 6%Santa Rosa Telephone Cooperative
- 6%Grande Networks
- 4%Level 3
- 4%Windstream Comm Sw
- 6%Verizon Wireless
- 5%Choice Wireless Lc
- 2%United States Cellular -
- 1%365 Wireless
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 940 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What Is the Location and Time Zone of Area Code 940?
940 is a Texas area code that covers the northwestern part of the state. It was created in 1997 as a split from 817. The 940 area code includes the cities of Denton, Wichita Falls, and Graham. The 940 area code is in the Central time zone.
What Is the Origin of Area Code 940?
Area code 940 was established in 1947, and it was one of the original area codes in the United States. The 940 area code served most of the northwestern part of Texas, including the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area. In 1996, however, the 940 area code was split, and the western part of the old 940 area code was given the new 214 area code. Today, the 940 area code is used for numbering purposes in the cities of Denton, Lewisville, and part of McKinney. In addition, the 940 area code is also used for numbering purposes in the towns of Aubrey, Celina, Cross Roads, and Gunter.
The 940 area code is also assigned to some cellular phone numbers in the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area. If you live in this area and have a cell phone, your number may have the 940 area code.
So what is the origin of area code 940? The answer is that it's hard to say for sure. Some people say that the 940 area code was created because the Dallas-Fort Worth area needed another area code. Others say that the 940 area code was created because the old 214 area code was running out of phone numbers. Still others say that the 940 area code was created to serve the town of Gunter, which is located in north-central Texas.
No matter what the origin of area code 940 may be, it's clear that this area code is an important part of Texas history. If you're ever in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, be sure to give it a try!
What Areas Are Serviced by Code 940?
Are you looking for a reliable and experienced team to handle your security needs? If so, you should definitely check out Code 940. We provide comprehensive security services to businesses and organizations in a variety of industries.No matter what your security needs may be, we can help. We have a team of experts who are well-versed in a variety of security disciplines. We can provide security assessments, security audits, and risk analysis services. We can also help you develop and implement a security plan that meets your specific needs.
We are also experts in security training. We can provide training for your employees in a variety of areas, including safety and security awareness, emergency preparedness, and more.
If you're looking for a team you can trust, Code 940 is the team for you. Contact us today to learn more about our services.
Is Area Code 940 Toll Free of Charge?
Is Area Code 940 Toll Free of Charge? Area code 940 is a toll-free area code in the United States. This means that calls made to numbers in this area code are not charged for the call. This is a great benefit for people who live in this area code, as they can call anyone within the United States for free.
There are some restrictions on the use of toll-free numbers. For example, they cannot be used for business purposes. However, for personal use, they are a great way to stay connected with friends and family without having to worry about expensive phone bills.
If you are looking for a toll-free area code, 940 is a great choice. You can call anyone in the United States without having to worry about getting charged for the call.
How to Spot Scams in Area Code 940？
Area code 940 is located in the northern part of Texas. It covers a large area that includes the cities of Wichita Falls, Denton, and Gainesville. This area is known for its small towns and rural communities.While the majority of people in this area are honest and hardworking, there are also a number of scam artists who prey on unsuspecting residents. So, how can you protect yourself from scams in area code 940?
Here are a few tips:
1. Be cautious about unsolicited phone calls or emails. If you don't know the person or company, don't give them your personal information.
2. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Don't fall for schemes that promise high returns with little or no risk.
3. Watch out for fake online surveys. Don't give away your personal information or financial details in exchange for a "free" gift or prize.
4. Be careful when shopping online. Make sure you're using a reputable retailer and that the website is secure.
5. Don't send money to someone you don't know. If someone asks you to wire money, it's probably a scam.
By following these tips, you can help protect yourself from scams in area code 940.
How Can I Block Unwanted Calls from Area Code 940?
Are you constantly receiving calls from area code 940? If you're like most people, you probably don't know anyone from that area. So what's the deal? Why are you getting these calls?The truth is, you may be the victim of robocalls. Robocalls are automated phone calls that are made using a computerized dialer. They can be used for a variety of purposes, such as political campaigning, customer service, or telemarketing. However, they can also be used for nefarious purposes, such as scamming or harassing people.
If you're receiving calls from area code 940, there's a good chance that you're being harassed or scammed. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do to stop these calls from coming in. However, you can take steps to protect yourself from them.
Here are a few tips for protecting yourself from robocalls:
1. Install a call blocker. There are a number of call blocker applications that you can install on your phone. These applications will allow you to block calls from specific area codes or phone numbers.
2. Report the calls. If you're receiving harassing or scam calls from area code 940, report them to the Federal Trade Commission. The FTC can help to track down the source of the calls and shut them down.
3. Hang up on the calls. If you answer a call from area code 940 and it's a robocall, hang up immediately. Don't let the caller have a chance to harass or scam you.
4. Don't give out your personal information. One of the main goals of robocallers is to get your personal information. Don't give it to them. Never give out your social security number, bank account information, or credit card number over the phone.
5. Check the caller ID. If you're not sure whether a call is from a robocaller, check the caller ID. If the caller ID is from an unknown number or from an area code that you don't recognize, don't answer the call.