978 Area Code (Massachusetts) Toll Free? Scam? Who's Calling?
The 978 area code is a three-digit area code that contains 19 unique phone numbers. It serves the state of Massachusetts.
- Major City
- Current Time
Phone Numbers That Start with 978
- Phone Number
- Caller Type
- (978) 209-2505Scam LikelyScam LikelyHas called everyday for two+ weeks
- (978) 209-8755TelemarketerTelemarketerRobo call about lowering interest rate on credit card.
- (978) 225-9348TelemarketerTelemarketerrecorded message call every day
- (978) 274-3158UnknownUnknownKeeps calling leaving messages coughing on my voicemail. no name, no talking, just coughing
- (978) 301-3767BenBenText asking to buy my property. Called back and got recorded line with no option to opt out. Violation of do not call registry
- (978) 321-2863Tristate RadioTristate RadioCalling me non stop
- (978) 360-0186Could not tell to stop calling because it's recorded.
- (978) 367-3637Biscom, IncBiscom, IncKeeps calling. Beeping sound
- (978) 386-4622UnknownUnknownLately they've been calling, I don't answer and as soon as the phone stops ringing they call again. Been happening every day so I've finally blocked the number.
- (978) 386-8663UnknownUnknownRepeat calls back to back.
- (978) 403-2240SpamSpamTexted me a fake booty call
- (978) 533-3439Claims To Be Express ScriptsClaims To Be Express ScriptsI get several calls a week from this number. When I call back, there's only a recording and no way to get removed from the list or notification.
- (978) 552-6250CologardCologardWanted only YES answers and birthdate, i hung up.
- (978) 595-2984UnknownUnknownJust texted word Hello
- (978) 775-637100They also called at the same time on 9/23/2013.
- (978) 902-6212SurveySurveyCall received on my cell phone.
- (978) 908-5388Prank CallerPrank CallerKeeps calling
- (978) 938-4194Uber EatsUber Eatscalled me non-stop christ
- (978) 969-4176BeverlyBeverlyThis number and numbers i can only assume are affiliated with it has been calling me for months, sometimes answers when I pick up, sometimes doesnt. It is incredibly irritating and obviously a scam. They say they are a solar energy panel place. But are obviously not.
Area Codes That Start with 9
- 907Area CodeAlaska, AK
- 912Area CodeGeorgia, GA
- 913Area CodeKansas, KS
- 915Area CodeTexas, TX
- 918Area CodeOklahoma, OK
- 931Area CodeTennessee, TN
- 937Area CodeOhio, OH
- 938Area CodeAlabama, AL
- 940Area CodeTexas, TX
- 941Area CodeFlorida, FL
- 949Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 951Area CodeCalifornia, CA
- 956Area CodeTexas, TX
- 979Area CodeTexas, TX
- 984Area CodeNorth Carolina, NC
Major Counties Served by 978 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 978
- % of County
Major Cities Served by 978 Area Code
- Total Population
- % of 978
- % of City
- Methuen Town47,2551%100%
- Amesbury Town16,2831%100%
- West Concord6,0280%100%
- Littleton Common2,7890%100%
- East Pepperell2,0590%100%
- South Lancaster1,8940%100%
- South Ashburnham1,0620%100%
Popular Phone Carriers
- 28%Verizon New England
- 5%Level 3
- 5%Teleport America
- 4%Mcimetro Access Transmission Services
- 5%Verizon Wireless
- 4%Verizon New England
- 2%Omnipoint Miami E License
- 1%Metro PCS
Statistics for Phone Prefixes in 978 Area Code
From these two pie charts, you can see the percentage of phone prefixes that have been assigned and the types of their usage.
What Is the Location and Time Zone of Area Code 978?
Area code 978 is located in Massachusetts, and is covered by the Eastern Time Zone.
What Is the Origin of Area Code 978?
Area code 978 was one of the original area codes established in 1947. It originally covered all of northeastern Massachusetts, including Boston and its suburbs. However, over the years, 978 has been split and reorganized several times. Today, it covers most of central Massachusetts, including Worcester and the surrounding suburbs.The 978 area code is unique in that it is one of the few area codes that cross state lines. It also has the distinction of being the last area code in the United States to be assigned exclusively to a single state.
The 978 area code has a long and varied history. It was first established in 1947, and covered all of northeastern Massachusetts. In 1957, it was split into area code 617, which covered Boston and its suburbs, and area code 508, which covered the rest of the state.
In 1991, 978 was split again, this time into area code 978, which covered the central part of the state, and area code 413, which covered the western part of the state. In 1997, 413 was split, and 978 once again covered the entire state.
In 2001, 978 was split for the final time, this time into area code 978 and area code 781. 978 covered the central part of the state, while 781 covered the Boston suburbs.
Today, 978 is the last remaining area code in Massachusetts. It covers the central part of the state, including Worcester and the surrounding suburbs. The 978 area code has a long and varied history, and it is sure to continue serving the people of central Massachusetts for many years to come.
What Areas Are Serviced by Code 978?
Are you curious about what areas Code 978 services? This area code covers a large area of Massachusetts, from the North Shore to the South Shore. If you're not sure whether your town is in the area covered by Code 978, you can use the handy zip code lookup tool on the FCC website.Some of the larger towns and cities that are in Code 978 include Gloucester, Salem, Peabody, Lynn, and Brockton. If you're not sure whether your town is in the area covered by Code 978, you can use the handy zip code lookup tool on the FCC website.
If you're not sure whether your town or city is in the Code 978 service area, you can use the FCC's zip code lookup tool. This tool is helpful because it will show you the specific towns and cities that are in the area covered by each area code.
Is Area Code 978 Toll Free of Charge?
Are you wondering if area code 978 is toll free? The answer is yes! Any calls made within this area code are free of charge. This includes both local and long distance calls. So whether you're calling a friend in the next town over or across the country, you won't have to worry about any extra charges on your phone bill.This is great news for residents and businesses in the 978 area code. It means that you can make calls without worrying about added costs, which can be a real hassle if you're on a tight budget. Plus, it's one more reason to love this area code!
How to Spot Scams in Area Code 978？
Area code 978 is a Massachusetts area code that covers parts of the North Shore and the Merrimack Valley. 978 is one of the newer area codes in Massachusetts, having been split off from the original 617 area code in 1998.Since 978 is a newer area code, many people may not be familiar with the scams that can occur in this area code. In this blog, we'll provide some tips on how to spot scams in 978.
One of the most common scams in 978 is the jury duty scam. In this scam, a caller will tell you that you've been selected for jury duty and that you need to go to the courthouse immediately. The caller will then provide you with a fake court address.
Another common scam in 978 is the utility scam. In this scam, a caller will tell you that your power or water is about to be shut off and that you need to pay them immediately to avoid being disconnected.
One of the best ways to protect yourself from scams in 978 is to be aware of the common scams in this area code. If you're ever in doubt, you can always call the police or your local utility company to verify the legitimacy of a call.
How Can I Block Unwanted Calls from Area Code 978?
There may be times when you don't want to receive calls from a particular area code. If you're getting too many calls from area code 978, there are a few things you can do to block them.One option is to use the National Do Not Call Registry. You can register your phone number on the registry, and telemarketers will be prohibited from calling you. However, this registry only applies to telemarketers, and not to all calls.
Another option is to use a call blocker. There are a number of call blocker apps available for download, and they can be used to block calls from specific area codes or phone numbers.
If you're receiving unwanted calls from area code 978, there are a few ways you can block them. You can use the National Do Not Call Registry or a call blocker app.